Nice vid from empty box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Its nice to see some positive comments, The sim is really coming together now, as I always knew it would.

3. MrPix

MrPix Registered

If VR comes through eventually in the next couple of years (it's nowhere near good enough yet IMHO) and performs right with average systems (e.g. no SLI) this will be the biggest restriction across titles that do... and the others that just don't.

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Sad

Edit - To clarify, I am referring to the criticality of VR in the "sim racing" community ; NOT empty's video.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  5. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

6. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Why, because I'm not someone who is going to chug the koolaid?

The post you made at BSR is more than enough proof you are stuck in 2008 - you try and paint rF2 as perfect because rF1! LOL

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

8. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Nowhere did I say that rF2 was perfect, but you're spreading major disinformation by calling AC an rF1 successor, also you and Gui sadly seem to think that calling people names is the way to win an argument.

9. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

10. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

Associat0r you should inform ISI that they are spreading misinformation... https://twitter.com/rFactor2

Or maybe they don't share your vision.
    It is obvious that you are great fan of rF2 with valid reasons, but you are doing more damage to rF2 with you constant aggressive posting on several sites (and you're not the only one doing it here).

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

rFactor 2 came with great quality of content vs rF1 but it didn't get the modder support to fill series. What to do? Adapt. Keep pumping out quality material. Also the validity of your argument is almost immediately lost upon putting MAK in such a pedestal. Their stuff looks great because a very talented guy made the shapes and textures, like for other games. But then the driving, feedback, and data... sorry but no. And what mod was actually released completed, that one very lukewarm F1 mod 7 years-ish ago?

Edit: You also have no idea what I've been trying to do behind the scenes.

12. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I didn't put anyone on a pedestal, but you should be grateful that they've done these mods for free in their spare time.

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Where did they do that?

14. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I read a little and read what you said here: "rFactor2 is a modding platform and should be judged on its fundamental features. If you have problems with its default content, you should mod it instead of complaining."

Just going to say that a lot of the exchange is subjective ofc (which is fine) but your expectation of rf2 is most subjective of all and is not necessarily shared by everyone else. The argument that you should mod yourself if unhappy with default content is also a bit flimsy imo. If you can and willing to spend time towards it, great! If not, equally fine. It's not hypocritical if you don't/can't. Lastly, there is nothing wrong with criticism that can be interpreted constructively which is what i'm hearing/seeing.

Yes, rf2 is also a modding platform but it is not it's only/main focus (when/if you consider ISI content as part of the "default" package which alone provides you with a full game already….the mods are just fantastic freebie extras to someone like me for which i'm grateful to modders for spending the time and effort on).

Just my 2 pennies worth.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lool ;)

No you thinking of wrong sim.

rF2 has 13 Open Wheel

iRacing has 8/9 ?

AC has 5/6 ?

ProjectCars OW " full" list looks about the most complete. ;)

1962 Lotus 25 Grand Prix
    1965 Lotus 38 Indy 500 (Not Yet Started)
    1965 Lotus 40 (Not Yet Started)
    1970 Lotus 49 C Grand Prix
    1967 Lotus 51 Formula Ford (Not Yet Started)
    1968 Lotus 56 Indy Car (Not Yet Started)
    2015 Dallara DW-12 Indy Car (Not Yet Started)

17. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

@DurgeDriven exactly.

I think the following comment was the best comment I found on this subject http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-2015-commentary#comment-1968247783
    I only disagree with the part about rF2 not being done yet for modding and slow development.

18. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

and who is this guy Empty box??the guy who make videos and comment video games..i only see empty box..
    guy trying to prove something because few people sad his videos are great..funny what people do when they got attention from few.
    i saw this video yesterday and i only remember he sad:this UI is great i even dont lie on this..
    he judge sims like he is something in sim racing world,funny.im sorry for people taking him seriously,who care what he say\write..
    there are to many people now want to do same **** like him,so lets all of us start to do videos and comment video games.i guess this is new generation of sim racers,making videos,screenshots and treads on forum.
    empty why dont you come online and show us what you know\can do with a car,just make sure your car is not empty :) with what ever sim you want\like

cheers

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

There's good & bad points in every title, most of us have some mixed views ( good & bad ) also which are just our opinions,
    Think this video is fairly positive & ( if it gets a good qty of views ) good coverage for rf2

I'm glad that EB took the time to make it & post it

20. stonec

stonec Registered

And who are you?? :) EB channel has 5 million views, 34 000 subscribers and his latest rF2 video already has 12k views in a couple of days. The guy must be doing something right. At moment he is the best marketing channel rF2 could hope for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.