ISI Servers PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashes, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Rich. I don't think the name ISI, or the positioning is the important thing. I think it simply sits in clear vision of anyone wishing to join.
    Like I said - I honestly double click "players" to get them sorted descending when I log on (I'm sure I'm not alone).
    I think back to when the ISR BMW servers were popular - they were pickup friendly, in your face due to there numbers, which helped them get even more people joining. I see the positioning as a visibility thing, more than an owner or name thing.

Just to be clear - I'm not moaning, I just would love to see the numbers increase over weekends when I get an hour or 2 to race (so more selfish than moaning ;-)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, I have a reminder set for Mondays. Missed last week though. I can't get them at the top of the list right now, which is why they're easy to miss. If we had +connect working in this build then I would link them direct from the forum header or something. But we don't.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I used to run the one server with a combo I was ok with, F-Renault 2014 at Silverstone. I was usually lapping by myself, occasionally had someone else drop in, got on a 2-people race once, and that was it. It doesn't help Silverstone is incredibly dull so it gets old very fast. The other options were not attractive.

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

The problem is that they aren't at the top, so nobody finds them. Also most of the top servers are locked.

5. Ashes

Ashes Registered

^^^ Awesome customer service ^^^
    Thanks Tim - Are pinning the servers to the top and Connect+ on the cards for the next build? (sounds interesting - will we be able to launch straight into a server with this?)

6. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

ISI servers should be visible, and scheduled. Running single races at given times instead of random races agian and again.

For example ISI Clio Server running races at 00:00, 02:00, 04:00... fixed time. So will be easier to find and group more people. I said in these forums A LOT OF TIMES, and It's a needed feature to have a better online experience. It's better to have a fixed race than a "random" race so drivers will know when to join, and will not need to wait for random people to come because everyone will know when the qualy and the race starts in every server (ISI servers would get better population if the interface show them in first place with the schedule completly visible).

It's something I actually love in iRacing, how the races are scheduled. This is in my opinion a win win.

7. 88mphTim

I hope so. Yes, you would click a link on a Web site or whetever, and rF2 would launch into that specific race. I need it for my commercial clients as well (which is my actual job).

Pinning servers, no, though I should push for that again (the code never got ported when we switched to the new matchmaker maybe 5 builds ago).

8. 88mphTim

I agree. I asked for a dedi server which did that. Partly done, but other things are done by the same guy and were more important.

9. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

It's a shame if can not be priorized, not talking only about oficial servers (if it's only in official servers would work too), but something for everyone visible and integrated in the server list, you click a server, you see when that server run his races, fun! :)

Online activity need a better boost, even for leagues would be really useful, automated scheduled races, I'm just dreaming about It... someday maybe :eek:

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

The live racers server boxes at the top of the forums was great exposure for ISI servers. Off topic, SW should automatically merge servers using same combo.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Timothley, can the servers be named ISI Online or something more direct than ISIO?

12. elbo

elbo Registered

I thought I was just a victim of bad timing over the last 3 or 4 weeks but yeah it seems that online racing has been really sparsely populated of late.
    Also seems a lot of 930 still around.
    I too did not realize that the ISI servers were still around.
    If I recall they hit the height of popularity when one of the builds had pretty much broken every other server so be careful what you which for...

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I said year ago to get people to admin them and run threads to get polls for what to run.

I also suggested one server for rookies to get help in from people were willing to spend the time doing it.

I spent last 3 years training rookies in my room

If everyone did it even 10% as much me rookies would be better drivers and you would not have your " wreckfests ". ffs ? lol

Most racers are too up themselves to spend time helping others, that is the truth and that is why you have open room " wreckfests " !@!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  14. Emery

Emery Registered

Western hemisphere's weekday evening times are usually low activity for public servers. Try earlier in the day by 3-4 hours if possible.

15. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

All I said Durge was there are plenty of open servers like yours that have someone looking over them, which must be more preferable than open servers like ISI that do not have that.

16. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Brilliant - thanks Tim - looking forward to the next build (as usual :)

17. coops

coops Banned

^^ I can think of 1 highlight the ISI servers in a color of its own.

18. coops

coops Banned

19. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

The ISI servers would be welcomed again.
    The difficulty joining most online servers remains a source of frustration... to say the least.
    What aren't locked down, require numerous cars and tracks... couple that with the fact that in 930, I could never get components to auto download.
    I haven't driven RF2 in about two months due to this.
    I could never have imagined saying that in a million years prior to the current state.

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

As someone who tries really hard to provide good servers it pains me that this is an opinion that's out there. It's totally valid, I'm not saying it's not.

Stuff like too many tracks, cars or having get mod working are so easy to sort out. I've no idea why people don't.