VIR? Virginia International Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by samcar304, Apr 11, 2015.

1. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hello Forums o/
    I'm not sure if I am allowed to be putting this thread here but does anyone know of a modded track called VIR? or if its in the works by a modder?

Thanks for reading

Again I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place i will move/delete it if needs be :) Have a great day :)

2. Emery

Emery Registered

There is a conversion out there.

3. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

And I will add it's not very good. Either in quality or actual representation of the track.

4. LasseJO

LasseJO Registered

Unfortunately true. It's such an incredible circuit, but it gets very little attention. If you want to race on a VIR, I'm afraid your only option i iRacing :)

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

More than a year has gone by and still no progress on one of the great driving tracks of North America. Just a poke to let folks know there is some interest out there.

6. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

Must say that the version in AMS is just amazing! :) Maybe one day isi will be allowed to take it over to rF2 like they did with Interlagos.

Ernie likes this.
  7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

My thoughts exactly. Alex did a great job with it.

8. call-911

call-911 Registered

There's an Assetto Corsa version that was just released that is incredible!! In the notes it would appear that the developers are open to it being converted if they are contacted about it first.

9. jonnyboy_99

jonnyboy_99 Registered

That would be amazing. Such a high quality of the Assetto Corsa Version

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There is hope of having the same version released to AC converted to rF2 since it's a development by a SimHQ member. I presume it's just a matter of capacity (the business definition of the word).

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

I love this track, would be great to see a quality version for rF2

12. call-911

call-911 Registered

Here's the snip I was referring to which gives it great promise we'll see it in rF2.

This track may be freely distributed providing this document remains intact. If you wish to convert, modify or reuse parts of the track for your own purposes please contact me first. Contact: If you wish to do so, please contact me via SimHQ Motorsports or the AC forums:
    http://simhqmotorsports.com/index.php?/profile/628-darren_blythe/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?members/darren-blythe.2150/ You can mail me directly: dbitsuk (at) hotmail (dot)com

13. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

It would be great to have this track in rFactor2!

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just saw VIR online. Gave it a try, feels and looks like possibly a conversion from rFactor. However, I was so sad to see they too removed the Oak Tree. What a grand symbol that was. VIR remains one of my favorite drives. It may not be the best racing venue, but it sure is fun.

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Automobilista

16. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

They had to remove the Oak tree it FEEL DOWN and was lying across the track!. Luckily no one was on the track when it did and no damage was done to the track surface.
    [​IMG]

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

Found and installed this track, great fun and always loved the real life layout. Hope someone adds a version with the oak tree, and I think there's also an AI issue because I tried one race and it threw all cars to the garage, probably addressed in release notes Ive missed

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yeah that tree was totally wrong for racing. But it sure made the corner memorable. I remember some Grand Am (IMSA/Tudor) races that had traction issues there due to the large amount of leaves that had fallen and were blowing across the track. But the Esses really make this track for me. A TV camera perched at the end of the esses can show a train of cars weaving and rising and falling in the most amazing way.