Let's commend ISI and their AI....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Accepted apologies. I will check with my team mate since Lowlands is indeed his. I will tell you if he implemented it or is planning to do it soon. Our problem is that we are used to create AIW with BTB which is difficult to make a fast path with it.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks. Oh yes I can imagine that making the fast path via BTB could be a problem.....
    Other tracks that have bad AIW from you? I don´t know all your work...

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Most 3th-party rF1 tracks are absolutely crap regarding to AIW files, let alone the converted from rF1 to rF2. I tried Road America these days and the AI sucks at ALL corners. Rough job.

If the track creator spend proper time testing and fine-tuning the special points and lines, the AI behaviour will be very acceptable, but I'm sorry to say, very few tracks have the AIW correctly setup.

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Gingerman is where I have most of my offline fun tbh. Simply cannot drive it enough

5. eltidi

eltidi Registered

The ai is best in the business by far, it's not even close, the second best one is game stock car and it's far behind. That's why I would love to have a traditional game built around this sim. Just imagine Forza 5 with the rfactor 2 engine, that would be a game I could play for 10 years.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The AI limiter is a value in the player JSON that needs to be at 0, or close to 0, to spread the field out more, instead of having artificial close pack racing, where AI hold back to stay close to each other.

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

8. saxoross

saxoross Registered

All this great AI and no option to run an offline championship. I'm not interested in one off races.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I recommend you try raceroom too. It may not be as "sim" as some purists would like but offline it's great vs ai. The only one that compares to rf2 imo

11. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

+1

In my short career simracing with GT5/6, FM3, AC, SCE, and RRRE I have found the AI in rF2 to be the best for close racing. I am a slow driver so I keep the AI at 90-95 and even at 95 they still outrun me.

I just finished a clio race at new malaysia and I was side-by-side with an AI (92 setting) through turns 1, 2, 3, and 4 before the AI backed off in turn 5 (I noticed the AI is really really slow at T5/T6). I gave the AI plenty of room and we did not even touch. great stuff, better than my fellow iracers! haha ;)

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You want more then half a car alongside them , if you go for a gap is not there it will close fast. ;)

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Try Ai on track slowing for other Ai in pit-lane at Belgium, that needs fixing.

I got a feeling new Historic car and track components will sort that out.

I use F3 Eve Ai at 120% and 100% aggression and they still behave themselves, amazing to me.

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

If you push the AI hard, he will take the defensive line and certainly will screw up his next corner exit, you just have to take the ideal line and overtake the AI due the lack of speed on the exit.

Yeah, AI is the best of the world, maybe Race ON /GTR Evolution have something close to it, but there's still room to improvement, I hope they keep up.

15. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

Yes, I don't think I have ever seen this action by an AI in any other game that I have played. Pretty amazing coding imho

At one point I ran offtrack in the skip barber race car and reentered the track in an unpredictable manner and totally out of control. An AI spun when he performed a quick maneuver to avoid hitting me!

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I have only one big problem with the AI. If more than one dry tyre compound is available, they will ALWAYS choose the hardest one. This cost them several tenths a lap. Otherwise the AI in itself is absolutely great. The AIW on some tracks on the other hand, not that great.