[REL] [Virtua_LM] Sebring International Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by MonSum, Apr 5, 2015.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Ha! Never really noticed the white line near wall. I've always driven near the wall, else I can't hold speed without running off track on outside at end of turn.
    Maybe the white line didn't have consequences in previous version. Cool!

2. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

i have gone for a fresh install for this build, so those files are cleared already

i use the in game AA (as opposed to the NV control panel or NV Inspector), level 6 AA. i guess i could try a level 4 or something, it rarely seems to make huge amounts of difference anyway lol

thanks guys

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Name me one ISI track that doesn't bog down in the pit straight area? They all do on my rig. Shadows, more detailed buildings, cars in the garage or pits, pit area kiosks and people, crowds in stands, the stands themselves. It's every possible element that drains FPS in one spot. Silverstone is particularly bad, but as I said, all tracks that have fully developed pit areas take a huge performance dive. Has been that way since the beginning of rF1.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It could be that, the ingame AA wasn't working but it is now. You went from trilinear or 2x to 6x, big jump :p.

5. RGerke

RGerke Registered

1st rule, never use ingame AA. Ever use NV Inspector. 4 x MS + 4 x SGSSA Transparent AA.

All other looks like a Game from 2003.

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you Virtua_LM ! ! ! :)
    Your first version of this track is one of my rF2 favorite tracks. I'm very thankful because it was the first track where I've done some night races and I had never troubles with fps performance.
    For me Sebring was and is a reference track. I'm really excited to try this new version.

Many thanks folks ! !

7. Nicola Trivilino

Nicola Trivilino Registered

8. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I have used in game for many builds and it looks great, i tried NVI and basically just messed things up. so many AA options to choose from it just messes with my head

the in game off to in game level 6 definitely makes a difference on my machine, unless it has been the ultimate placebo!!

update:

switched off all AA and ran as before. same FPS drops at the same 2 places on the track.

switched to 8xAA in game, same FPS and same drops - from 60-50fps under the bridge after T4.

so the AA can't be causing it.

tried low and med track details, tried ISI corvette on medium and full settings, tried the Apex FIAGT mod, all different mods with differing graphics loads and always the 10fps drop on the same corner.

a real shame, its done this to me since build 600-something and now still on this new version 2.0. i only have 1 other mod and 1 other ISI track installed, its a fresh install of 946 and everything else works for me just as before, im really stumped on this track.

and gutted, its really great otherwise!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Install 10 more tracks from ISI or third parties and at least 9 of them will do the same thing. No point in being gutted...it's part of rF1 and rF2 inherent design.

Who knows if Sebring should or could be better optimized, but don't make it sound like it is such an anomaly.

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

for me it is such an anomaly. nothing else does this, and not in such a consistent way. all other tracks are steady 60fps with my setup, so this IS an anomaly, for me. im not suggesting it is for you or anyone else Marc, just giving my feedback on this track which sadly for me doesnt seem to want to play ball.

but im not going to lose sleep on it and neither will anyone else. just though it may be interesting if someone has a similar thing, or if it is just my rig.

and yea, i am gutted it doesnt work like all the other tracks do for me because its a great track.

its not sympathy im after Marc, just putting out my feedback on my experience, you know, in a forum type basis....

11. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Thank you so much Virtua_LM. I adore this track and your version is the best. I am so grateful to you for updating this for RF2. It is simply stunning.

12. Panigale

Panigale Banned

It isn't just you.

If you don't tune your settings to work within your GPU then you'll get a FPS drop on any track coming across the pit. No one is arguing that and I think marc doesn't understand the comment being made.

I set max FPS in the player file and set in-game graphics so I never drop below that target even under the most demanding condition which is race start and during the race, pit straight.

ISI has made the performance easy to tune, especially if only one car mod is in use. Multi-class racing has a bigger delta but still workable.

Sebring is better in practice mode but the pit straight issue is still there. To have it inline with ISI track performance I need to reduce global graphic settings. That is the minor complaint, and it isn't the same as ISI tracks, the requirement on the GPU given the same graphic settings is well higher than any recent ISI track. Hopefully they can address it and improve on it a bit.

Either way, I'm glad to have it, it is one of my favorite tracks.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

GTX660 w/2GB? You're going to notice more effect here than those of us with a newer card with more memory.

Silverstone probably has a similar effect on your computer.

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

970 OC here and with settings that give me over 100-120 fps everywhere else (when uncapped, usually capped to 60). Sebring gives me 30-40. Yep. Not kidding. Gonna try lowering circuit details, then shadows. AA made little difference. 10 fps or so.

15. Emery

Emery Registered

An extra 10 fps when you're at 40 fps is +25%.

I'm really surprised you're that low as my 770 with 30 cars visible in a mixed field of ISI GT1-GT4 cars at 1080p gives me low 50s at that awful Sebring spot from the back of the field. With a single car, it's always above 60fps. Are you running triple monitors?

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Which car and how many are you using? I (and others) got a huge FPS drop with the NSX in the latest build. With an optimized car and 20 AI, I am not noticing anything out of the ordinary with the new Sebring. First make sure it isn't the car causing the problem.

Try it with no AI and then 20 NSX vs. 20 Clio's. If you could, report the lowest frame rate in the pits/garage you get with each of these three scenarios and then repeat them at Silverstone (full) layout. It will help figure out what could be different at Sebring that is affecting only certain people.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I tried the update yesterday and my experience had some stuttering in it. FPS were good all the time but in some places (maybe 2-3 stutters per lap) I experienced some short stutter. Nothing that would have caused me to spin, but still noticeable. I try to lower AI, but I should be able to have it stutter free with my current settings. If not, then it needs some optimization (previous version and other tracks I have driven lately have been stutter free)

Other than that, great track got even better, thanks :)

PS. I had 16 AI drivers, it was a practice session and the car was NSX...just saw that Marc reported fps drop with NSX in this build, so I can hope only this combo has some problems.

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow, that's crazy man. I run a 680 and run everything but shadows and AA at max. I have a solid 60 fps all around the track, except on the start/finish straight where it drops 2 or 3 frames.

I'm getting a 970 myself this month. Should I expect good things..? :)

19. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

It does not

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Sure. However don't expect it to be 2x faster since 680 isn't weak. You should gain some handful fps though.

Now, everyone else: Nope, no NSX. I'm aware of it being somehow more hungry than others but my main cars of use were GTR, Camaro, F3.5. The worst was with F3.5. I experimented with Nv control panel and switched to it's antialiasing and few other stuff and turned all the way down rf2's settings that I substituted with control panel. Gave me few fps back but not lotta. Went from 30-40 (around pit straight of course) to 40-50 and around 50-60 jumping all around these values around the track. Enough for me to notice it not only on the counter but how the picture was not that fluid.

My guess might be that I'm cpu, mb, ram limited since my PC right now is a Lambo engine put into Lada. That should be fixed in upcoming month when I'm going to give my other parts a solid boost with new parts.

Still though it doesn't explain the fact how MUCH MORE fps hungry this track is. It might be down to LODs or over the top textures size, no idea. However jugding it purely on looks and feel it is up there with top ISI quality. If only it had been better optimized. ;)