[REL] 2010 IZOD IndyCar

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by chappielike2009, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

^^ Same here. Shifting through the gears, 3rd is fine, hit 4th, bogs right down. But it only happens @ Indy.

Ive used Indy configuration, speedway, tried deleting the winglets, shutting off brake ducts, change gear ratio, etc.

2. rodger

rodger Registered

I tried using speedway at Indy in the tuning menu still no power in 4th gear. Texas Speedway works fine. Seems to be only at Indy.

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Figured out the issue with the Indy set up. Raise the ride height.

There isn't any sparks or sound saying that you are scrapping the ground, but you are when you build up the speed.

4. rodger

rodger Registered

Thanks Chris for your reply. I gradually raised the ride height as high as it will go seems to work up to 5th gear but 6th still has no power.
    Thanks again

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

6th gear is meant to be used only when drafting

6. Chris Lesperance

I raised the ride height and just for a test, I raised (or lowered, what ever gives you more RPMs) the 5th and 6th gears, and you will redline in 6th.

So after the ride height, it's a matter of taking the time to create a set up for yourself

7. rodger

rodger Registered

Thanks for the info Chris I'll work on tweaking my setup. Is 6th gear as Guimengo states only for drafting?

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Yes it is, the 6th gear is too high to be able to provide much torque but will allow the car to go faster without pushing too many rpm's, it allows the slingshot passing effect once you have a strong draft (enough to pass car) once passed you will eventually have to drop back to 5th for power. Then your on the hunt for another draft.

9. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

10. rodger

rodger Registered

Thanks to everyone for all the info. These cars are a blast!!!

11. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

Update remove old version, I did make it as an update but then it gave me two versions of every car so i packed as a fresh mod have fun.

12. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

What is everyone using as ride height? Max?

I've got mine set to max, but no matter what I do to the ratios, I seem to be unable to get above 200 MPH. Front and rear wings are set to 1, as low as they can go.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  13. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

OK, this is very strange. First of all, I've done a fair amount of modding with F1C and early days of rFactor, and I know the drill when changing parameters and setup details; so I think it's unlikely I've pulled any noob mistakes - restarting the application, reloading mods, etc. etc. I'm running v946, which seems to work just fine with older and newer content to date.

I played around for most of an evening with the IZOD 2010 setups and while I was able to make changes to the top speed, I never got a top speed much over 200. I even pilfered a setup from the rF1 IndyCar mod and it made no difference - the rF1 cars attained full speed but the rF2 cars didn't.

So, thinking I might try to open the car package and look at engine parameters, I shut everything down (again) and installed the latest dev tools. Then I started the mod to take some notes on the likely suspects - RPM, drag, etc. When I went to the garage, many of the setup parameters looked like they had changed. I re-loaded my test setup to put them all into a known state, and it did - I checked my earlier notes to make sure none of the important values had been corrupted. Then, puzzled, I took the car out onto the Indy oval and lo! The car now would effortlessly accelerate past 220 MPH with the same exact settings which were giving me problems ten minutes earlier. I loaded an rF1-created setup for comparison, and it was fine too (though possibly not optimized for rF2, it still worked).

I have no idea how installing dev tools could affect mod performance in such an odd way. But after the install, something indeed changed.

14. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

Hello. I really like this mod. Would you be so kind as to share the template file for these great cars?

15. Chris Lesperance

Corti likes this.
  16. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

Thank you so much. You don’t happen to have the idt lol champ car template?? Thanks again!

17. Chris Lesperance

DP01 or Lola?

18. acincheyenne

acincheyenne Registered

For the Lola olease