Help with New Wheel Selection

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Bassman, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I have owned a G27, fanatec GT2RS, Thurstmaster TX and now have a T500, Which do I choose? The T500, I returned the TX do to centering issues and replaced it with the T500, The TX felt good but the rim is garbage, it is to toyish. You would be replacing the rim in no time, on the other hand the T500 has a solid stock rim and can produce stronger forces at the cost of some fidelity compared to the TX, if the TX didn't give me problems I would still be using it because I wouldn't have known what I'd be missing in the T500, I would have replaced rim though. G27 is good but for me it would be like this: first T500 than the TX than G27. If you have pedals buy the T500 then sell the pedals over at inside simracing.

2. Bassman

Bassman Registered

Just wanted to update my thread and say that I purchased the TX 458 wheel and I am very happy. Huge step up from my Sidewinder FF. I did the little rubber gripper pedal upgrade and do not have any issues with the stock rim. Updated the firmware and fixed a little centering issue by pressing X & Y & the Mode button. I feel like I am getting the most out of RFactor 2 now. Thanks for all of your input.

3. jepeto

jepeto Registered

h

can t help, because , have an old (2009) g25, but can say it s really a good wheel, the feed back is well; i have rebound from track , and pression in corner; what ask for more ?
    perhaps , it s necessary, perhaps, it s not enough for some. just say , keep it, during long years again ( and we have discussion about our workself...).
    sincerely

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Nice going Bassman, have fun with it :)

5. Bassman

Bassman Registered

Cool, thanks.