Two installs with different builds for league racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boyd, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Boyd

Boyd Registered

Hi guys,
    Can someone kindly point me in the right direction on how to use multiple builds / multiple installs? I use rf2 in more than one league. One of the leagues has rolled back to 910 for various reasons, the other will be using 930.

I have done some searching, and seen a few threads pertaining to multiple installs, but they are fairly old and I'm not sure how relevant they still are. I have also seen some ISI posts maintaining that multiple installs should not be required. I assume this would be in a scenario where only the current build is in use.

Thanks in advance
    Boyd

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  2. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

You can just install build 910 lite in another directory than 930, and everything should be fine. I just did the same this week, also for a league. You can then copy your player.json, controller.json, config and launcher.config from the 930 directory to the 910 directory. These files contain all your settings.

The only thing I haven't gotten to work yet are my Nvidia settings, I'm not sure if you use those. If you do, you can keep eye on this tread in case a solution is found:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24041-Two-builds-settings-in-Nvidia-control-panel

3. DocJones

DocJones Registered

If you installed rF2 to C:\Program Files\ you will have your user data (and some more) in C:\User Data\your username\Documents\rFactor2. In that case make sure you use a different path for your 2nd install not only for the main installation ('core') but also for the 'data and settings destination folder'.

Using multiple installs, imo it's best to install rF2 to a different location than C:\Program Files\ so that core and data can share the same root folder.

4. Boyd

Boyd Registered

Thanks gents. Yes I've learnt my lesson with installing to Program Files, don't do that anymore :p
    So it does seem to be fairly straightforward. Cheers!