AI is much improved now in mixed class racing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I don't know the exact version of RF2 where it happened, but I ran a race with the new version of the Rebellion Lola V0.99 from Stefan against EGT cars, and I was surprised to see how well the LMP1 driven by AI was overtaking slower classes in heavy traffic (decided and sure footed).

In the last lap I was cautious lapping slower cars and I was overtaken by an AI driven LMP1 in a bold but neat pass.

Congratulations ISI.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many Many builds ago is when, I've been racing Multi-Class for well over a year now :) I know the AI have throttled back when Blue Flagged for as long as I can remember (including on Out Laps in Qualifying), went through the release notes but can't find anything specific in there so maybe they always have...can't remember, all I know is it's great :D

3. eltidi

eltidi Registered

I didn't know there is a new versión of the lola, i love the physics of that car, if they could just update the model who has a very low poly count. For my part I run with the sces lmp1 and the urd mod and once the ai has been calibrated the races are brilliant.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

There is a new version of the Lola, V0.99. Some graphics improvements inside cockpit, drives much better than previous version, still low poly, but great to vary your field of oponents or to drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i havent played rf2 for at least half a year, when i started playing recently i noticed a great improvemenyt in aiu, almost human like.. one case i had an incident at a corner (putnam) and 2 ai went around me either side lol

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah the AI is absurdly advanced, sometimes I almost can't believe my own eyes, some of the stuff they pull off.
    It's definitely the AI I have always dreamt of.

7. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I wasn't impressed with AC AI last night, they love getting behind and pushing you into another car, of course you spin while they carry on as if nothing has happened. They're still using some sort of enhanced traction to remain glued to the track in comparison to the player car.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

RF2 AI is somewhat more stable than player too (differ with cars), but in a more or less non-noticable manner.
    What I noticed and what makes a huuuuuuge difference to other sim´s / games is that whenever it comes to trouble (with AI cars involved),
    then you as the player did something wrong or unexpectable what causes the hit or whatever problem with the AI.
    (Besides the fact that on certain settings something like a AI brakes into you because he braked too late, can happen)

The behaviour on track and interaction with player is outstandning!
    They indeed seem to think of some kind of strategy to race you out.

Edit: No other AI of any next-gen, current-gen and older sims comes even close to this!

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

AC AI is awful, ever since day one. Only provides frustration, no enjoyment at all.

10. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

They can be quite aggressive/defensive during practice ;)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

People are very quick to forget that ISI have got years of experience with AI and Kunos barely any, there once was a time when ISI AI was poor as well. So before you go bad mouthing AC you'll do good to remember that it takes time to perfect, AC is still young and the AI will get there eventually.

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes KaptainK, one little drawback is the fact that AI can´t differ between practice, quali and race.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Artificially glueing them to the road and making them behave like tanks...
    This should at least have been dealt with before the public release. Offline racing against the AI is worth nothing at this point imo.

I hope that Kunos eventually gets it right.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it takes time...even RF2s AI are somewhat "glued" to the track in certain senarios, if they delayed release until the AI was Good then AC won't be released for another couple of years!

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

if acs ai were to be improved i think they will have one hell of a sim there.

16. pitkin

pitkin Registered

I wonder if it would be possible to turn off use of the 'block lines' for AI during practice and qualifying?
    Maybe something for a future update.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

AI, tyres, physics, chassis, realroad, weather, free-roam I can go on if you want.

It would be great if they improved those dramatically ( it sure needs it ! ) , then oh I don't know add, weather and free-roam.

But, what are these reviewers that rate it 95% already going to do then ? .........give it 110% :rolleyes:

lol ;)

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I am affraid at the moment RF2 is for computer freakies only, able to sort or accept all it's peculiarities to be kind.

Do you realize that for more than a month, someone who has read a good review about RF2 and wants to try the demo gets empty menus unless it has windows fonts sized at 100 %?

Do you think this newbie will search the forum to find a solution, and I don't think that the excellent patch by Lazza can be installed in the demo.

So you can hide your head in the sand, prepare Dreampack like screnshots, meanwhile AC has sold at least an order of magnitude more copies than RF2, so it makes me think they are may be doing somethig right.

No need to call me names, I don't own AC (yes RF1 and GSCE) nor do I think AC is bug free or a better product at the moment.

Kunos is may be late to the party, but it seems to be fully focused on his product, apparently it is not the case for ISI.

The future of RF2 is in ISI' hands, not in ours.

Cheers and have fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think you have a secret love affair with AC, you talk about it on this forum...

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

I uh...serious? So currently we have on the way: extremely complex tyre model updates, new rules systems and plugins, a slow overhaul of the UI including the content download stuff, lighting and graphics changes, the start of wet weather fixes, updates to old content, plus the usual bug crushing that goes on all the time. And ISI aren't focused on their product?

And yeah, computer freakies only eh? So, I must be a wizard with my rF2 then...I click update when it says update. I sort content with a couple of clicks in the install manager. And I don't ever venture into the cfg files, and yet everything runs fine for me.
    1 case only of course...but I can't be the only one, surely...;)

Lord, I am one to loathe "bashing" but when I see the AC update comes with new real road tech, I was excited. I tried it and oh, it's just a total grip modifier that covers the whole track. Makes me then question their tyre tech, graining, blistering, flatspotting.
    You could take that to show someone not fully focused on their product...see how silly that is though, if any of these dev teams weren't focused on their products, you would be seeing nothing from them :rolleyes:

Funny how seeing the good parts of a sim and the total scope is hiding your head in the sand :(

In terms of the AI being glued down, I tend to notice it if I hit another car. Pretty extreme I guess, but it seems like I end up worse off XD
    I have seen in the last few nights with the FR3.5 that they tend to be slipping a fair bit, I'll see them come out of a corner and ocassionally one will have trouble hooking up drive. Looks real great sitting on their tail and then getting the jump on them ahaha.