Pitlanes.com & Michelin Clio Cup partnership

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Goodwin, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hey guys.

I don't want this post to come across as self indulgent, but something has been in the works for a little while that I'm just so unspeakably excited about I feel the need to share it.

My site, Pitlanes.com Have been running a Clio series for a couple of seasons. We're constantly striving to...... push the boundaries of what should be achievable by sim racing communities...... to make it better for all of us.

But anyway, I'm extremely proud to announce an official partnership with the Michelin Clio Cup. Not just a "We're going to call ourselves that", this is a fully fledged partnership with them trusting both us and recognizing the platform that we're providing in rFactor 2 is the place to be.

I guess this post is to show two things. League admins, push yourselves. If you have an idea, ask the questions of the people that could make it happen...... you never know (Well, unless it's F1!) and two, this is to the doubters of rFactor 2. The platform, it's flexibility and what it provides is genuinely one of the reasons why this partnership is happening at all.

We're working hard to bring you something I can't really say......anything at this juncture. But we're trying our best to make this a useful partnership for more than just ourselves.

I want to stress this isn't a plea for members, drivers, kudos anything. We're pretty much full for the numbers we're looking for anyway. (Can always PM me on here or our forums to check, though) Simply just a post to show what's possible and to express genuine thanks to ISI for providing us with a platform wherby communities like ours can grow and push our passion in a constructive way on to people who might otherwise not have considered it.

I would respectfully ask you guys to go and throw the Michelin Clio Cup series a "like" on Facebook as a small token of our appreciation for them supporting our sim https://www.facebook.com/Cliocupseries?fref=ts

Thanks all.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

That's cool man, congrats.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Good stuff, Rich. I guess it does help having experience being a good organizer back from the iR days.
    If you had anything (other content) on Saturdays I'd consider joining for sure.

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

You know me from iR? We're still there by the way, I have another chap that deals with our iRacing endeavors, though.

We're currently running BTCC on saturday evenings. Though, we're planning something else for that slot when that season is over :)

5. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

This is really cool, well done.

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Grats Rich, very well done and thanks for your efforts.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You joined PRC for a brief period when they had GT races that I'd partake on occasion. I might be ok with the Civic but my passion lies elsewhere :p. Celica GTO, LMPs, F1, F-Renault... anyway, I'll keep tuned.

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Ah, ok! yes, that was my first try of rF2 online and I almost instantly realised I needed to be a lot more involved.

The "something else" we're planning is on the list you just mentioned as your passions ;)

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What does the official partnership entail? Are they interested in having proper liveries done? Or tracks? I would think the real drivers would find being able to practise using real tracks and a realistic car for an appropriate budget level relative to this series quite attractive. But not sure what it all means in this instance?

10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I don't want to say anything at this point in case I/we can't deliver any more. But, lots has been spoken about. They're keen on lots of things.

I just don't want to say "we're getting this and this" and it not happen and look daft.

Oh, there shall shortly be a press release in Autosport and Motorsport news :)

11. matf1

matf1 Registered

Fantastic news Rich, very well done!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. TeroD

TeroD Registered

Awesome, congrats! :)

13. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Exciting stuff :eek: Congratulations Rich :)

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Congrats Rich.
    You always come across as extremely humble and willing to advance simracing in general.
    Great job...and thanks.
    This benefits all of us.

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Thanks a lot, that's what I try to do :)

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I hope that rF2 becomes a simulator for real racers series like this, just as the big guys use rFPro. The whole community (and ISI) would benefit from that kind of interaction. A rig no more advanced than what some people on here have should be affordable and incredibly useful for those racers. In turn, we would get feedback that helps rF2 become better. Maybe even have some real racers racing online (a la iRacing).

The Palatov D4 (see thread in Vehicle Mod forum) that it is being simulated is another great example that could evolve into something special.

17. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I think we were lucky. Contacting them at the right time, rf2 having the car and the organiser not being tied to anything else.

18. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Great news congratulations.
    Wish you had some leagues running on Sundays...

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

That's when our iracing one is mate otherwise we probably would!

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Great stuff, Rich. Sounds exciting. Congratulations.