External LCD reader?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FatCity, Mar 1, 2015.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Is there anyway or does anyone know of a program that enables the data that is displayed on the RF2 LCD display in game to be read or looked at out of the game?
    I know there is Motec, but for me that is too complicated and with the addons that are available in game, there are too many setup issues and game crashes etc to worry about when the standard game info does all I need to know.
    Even if there was a program that could read the data from a log file in the game.
    Again,not as complicated as Motec.

If there is one, can I be directed to it please and if this has already been asked..................well, whats the answer :cool:

LLAP.

2. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

3. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I do have an Android phone and that looks pretty good, but I'm more looking for something that will analyse the data on my pc after I am out of the game, something that doesn't need the game running to read the info.
    basically a poor mans Motec that just reads the informationthat the LCD shows in the game but only out of the game, I know, asking for a lot for nothing, maybe ISI could put something in the game lol , like it was in one of the F1 games from EA.

I think I may have mentioned the F1 stuff elsewhere in this forum but my memory is so bad I can,t even remember who I haven't crashed into in my league, probably no one .

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

Rf2 analyser is what you are after. Sorry can't find link on phone, but its here on the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

5. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

The Dashmeter has telemetry:
    -Live and Logged Telemetry
    On track you can compare any parameters in real-time with one of the saved laps. Once back in the Pit, you can save a lap and compare it to any saved laps using the telemetry screen. You have the possibility to add two vertical cursors on the graph to display the differential +/- time from the saved lap to the lap being viewed on a selected portion. You will be able to compare each turn independently.
    The following data are recorded:
    Speed, RPM, Gear, throttle/brake positions, steering angle, Tires temperature, Tires pressure, Ride height, G-Forces.
    • Import/Export the telemetry data as a CSV file on your sdcard for further calculations or to share them.

[​IMG]

Seems like poor man motec :D

Other options are Lazza´s motec plugin http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3336-rFactor-2-Telemetry-Plugin
    or TechAde rF2 Telemetry CSV Plugin http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18286-rF2-Telemetry-CSV-Plugin-v2 to use with Atlas software.
    But no the easy options.

6. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

7. FatCity

FatCity Registered

thanks guys, got all of them, one of them has to do my job lol. :cool:

8. Quartza

Quartza Registered

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oohh that's a nice tip thanks :)

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

11. Quartza

Quartza Registered

I love everything that Z1 tries to do but the use of pre-made screen layouts is very off putting, considering the flexibility of the other option.

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Z1 LCD Screen w/Touch Panel is expensive ($275) but you can buy 7-10" LCD Color HDMI Mini Monitor Screen from ebay $(40-80) if you have on-board gfx card or you can buy TFT-LCD 10.4 INCH AV/TOUCH/USB/VGA ($ 50-100) or you can buy Twomon USB app to you android or ipad.

13. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

Can't recommend Z1 enough. With like 50+ screen layouts you should be able to find one you like, I quite like the HPD one myself