Realroad still excellerated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peterchen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, I agree. The rain definitely clears the rubber up. I don't think it's as bad as 100% "green" though, and I'm not even sure if in real-life it's absolutely "100%" green when the rain washes the rubber off, but maybe it is, I'm not sure.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Rain will even things out a bit, remove extreme grip levels, marbles usually, etc.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

That sounds like just how it ought to be. Nice!

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Personally I think the too dark saturated group do not look further then the end of their noses. hehehe

1. As I already pointed out imho ISI road reflections on high have a massive effect on the rubber shade from in car.

In car it lightens with the reflections, it glares at you, I don't see black dark rubber.

What matters ? what you see from a roadside or helicopter cam or what you see from incar ?

2. No matter how saturated try this.

Go nose cam Italy10k ( hurry up and rename it ISI :) ) in fast car BT20 say and watch the rubber disappear under your wheels, concentrate. :p

Tell me did you pick up a single pattern that looked the same or repeated ? I don't.

Do you see constant saturated black ? I don't.

When you really look at it close flashing by is just not all saturated black, there is a myriad of what to me looks like overlapping random canned patterns, honestly open your eyes and really look.

AC with optimum track rubbers the entire Monza just like rF2 but the texture looks like a consistent darkish grey non-reflective matte shade even in the corners or changing light. Sort of looks like carbon black used in rubber manufacture.

Now do the same in Assetto Corsa drive nose cam whatever and see what I mean it is a more uniform colour and pattern then rF2. Seems to have some rather canned rubber lockups too.

In rF2 realtime lockups over the top of already saturated rubber still look real and stand out like dog's balls.

imo

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You´re right DD, in cockpit view the RR-visuals works much better.
    Nevertheless, I seem to be the only one who still thinks that rubber-build up (visual and physical) is happening too fast....
    Glad that we have the RR multiplyer-slider!

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah high reflections in the right light it looks surreal at times almost like a mirage if you get my drift.

Much better then the AC grey which like I said does not change no matter where you sit in what light.

----------------------

Rubber a track to be fast from the go get then use 0.2x wear even 0.1x if a lot of cars

That way it won't get over saturated or improve too fast.

At a certain point you start to lap slower not faster like most would expect.

If you think about it you have more marbles which can impact the lines more with very heavy rubber and if you run wide it can be all over red rover as easy as a green track. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure you're the only one, though I'm sure there are also those who think the rate is correct right now. I'm of the opinion those in both camps are in the minority overall: I suspect most people can see it's better than it was but recognise there isn't real data to compare to in order to come to a definite conclusion.

In case what I'm saying isn't obvious: I don't know if the rate is right or not. If you have data that gives you a clear picture please share it.

Indeed.

8. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

banned lol

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol

"Discounted" rubberisationing ? ( I made a new word )

In that case Jer wouldn't' you mean mean a AC2 may pop out. :confused:

p