[REL] Auto Mod Downloader, Installer & rFactor 2 Launcher [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Feb 25, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

The Auto Mod Installer is a client windows application which allows you to schedule auto download mods and components according to filters you set. Apart from that you can go on the Match Maker website and download the mod files as well with a click of a button.

This app not only download the mod and its components, but it also validates them and installs them for you.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jtijrcyhinzizla/rFactor2AutoModInstallerSetup_1.1.exe
    Requires .NET 4.5 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
    Web app: http://servers.proracing.club

Note: Special Thank You goes to Noel Hibbard for sharing information about mod manager.

Version Notes:

Initial Beta release

Fixed an app crash issue due to windows permissions
    Added "Skip Component Validation" in settings since at times the signatures in the mod and in the package itself do not match
    Enhanced the app to install a component with the same file name as an existent one but having a different version

Official release

"Join Server" is now functional

[​IMG]

However, I am trying to go further with this one. Thus I'm adding the Get Mod functionality, where user can click on a server, check if mod is installed and if not, it downloads the mod and its components and installs everything automatically.

For this to be possible, the server has to have the package name setup on the server and valid component download links.

This is for example a mod where the user has all the required components.

[​IMG]

This is a mod where some components are missing and requires downloading the component first

[​IMG]

This of course works ONLY when the users installs a client app on his machine (which still being tested)

[​IMG]

Then I went even a step further...and that is to schedule and automate the mods and its components automatically based on specific filters set by the user.

For example, as seen below, I set 4 schedules based on player count, server name, mod name and track name. So, you could set it up and leave it by itself. In the morning/after work/whatever, you come to your pc and all mods are downloaded and auto installed.

[​IMG]

Some settings

[​IMG]

Hopefully this project will be beneficial for some. Let's see :) Please give me a couple of weeks to finish and test the client app properly.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    Associat0r likes this.
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Dammit... :p

No connection could be made. Please make sure the Get Mod windows app is running.

Looking good mate. ;)

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yep, you need the client app to work which is still under testing. Will upload it when ready ;)

4. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

Excellent work I look forward to test this plugin :)

5. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Can't wait to get it. Thanks!

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

A little update :) So, from the little time I had, this weekend I have updated the app to handle multiple downloads at the time...that means that all required components will be downloaded at the same time for better speed.

I also added the installation progress, the file size, received bytes, download speed and also an estimated time so that you can have an idea when it will be ready.

This UI is not ready yet (apart from refining)....all this data will be saved by the app itself. So you will see a history of what you installed, what failed etc. If some fail, you'll have the option to try again. Now the interesting part is that if some components have missing URL...the app will check your history and see if it can find it from somewhere else.

I tested the schedule too and really worked nicely. Set a filter of what I want and when I came back found everything installed and ready ;)

NOTE: This app relies heavily of Server Admin setting the correct package and URLs as otherwise it will be useless. Also this wont work with password protected servers.

[​IMG]

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Some updates...

Added Install History..this is saved so that one can see what was installed and what happened. Plus the user will be able to go back and re-try if something went wrong with install. Note that all required downloads are done in parallel.

[​IMG]

The download/install progress is also shown on the web

[​IMG]

Installation complete....

[​IMG]

The scheduler where one can specify what to be downloaded and installed while he/she is away......

[​IMG]

8. Vintook

Vintook Registered

Wow, this tool looks great. Can't wait to use it! They need to buy this from you and incorporate it into the game!

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

But before, he may should rename the Tool from Intsaller to Installer ;)

Awesome work, B1K3r!

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

This week I found some more time to work on this and its nearing the internal beta testing.

Here is a video of how it works when you want to use it through the scheduler

[video]https://youtube.com/v/LS7cl8u3qUA?rel=0&vq=hd1080[/video]

and her through Match Maker

[video]https://youtube.com/v/YdBg2S4RLnY?rel=0&vq=hd1080[/video]

12. matf1

matf1 Registered

Absolute magic mate, I really can't wait to be using it.

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Those interested in beta testing, please contact me and I'll send the download link.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

If you have Windows 8, don't bother installing it for now as there is a permission issue which prevents the app to write to disk and crashes. I'll need to figure out this Win 8 issue and will re-upload the file.

Cheers

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Quick update.......the crashing issue (which was a permission issue to read/write data) has now been solved but I have come across another issue where same components (like cars or tracks) had the same file name but with different version.

So now I'm also adding the component version for uniqueness. Will upload a new beta version today.

Cheers

17. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

yes I have had this problem yesterday.
    I'll wait for the update
    Thank You

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Beta version 0.9.0.1 is now available. The following is the update log:

1. Fixed an app crash issue due to windows permissions
    2. Added "Skip Component Validation" in settings since at times the signatures in the mod and in the package itself do not match
    3. Enhanced the app to install a component with the same file name as an existent one but having a different version

NOTE: Please uninstall your current version before installing the new one!

---> Match Maker web can be found here: http://servers.proracing.club

---> Client application BETA Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fdbqkjcorxpw52b/rFactor2AutoModInstallerSetup.exe

Thank you to all those reporting the bugs :) Please try this new version and let me know of issues.

Cheers

19. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

Good work B1K3R
    No bug at the moment, I have no problem downloading 3 mod.
    thank you for the update

20. Corti

Corti Registered

windows 8.1 installed without problems. Thx.