Adjust "Seat Pitch" with a keybinding and save by vehicle

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Associat0r, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I would like to suggest an option to adjust "Seat Pitch" in player.json with a keybinding and save by vehicle, so that it would become "Seat Adjustment Pitch" instead, because with a low FOV in some vehicles I would like to tilt the head a little downwards to see some of the dashboard while still keeping a proper seat height.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  2. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

+1
    if you mean "adjust ingame"
    I could not understand your post entirely

3. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Yes, I meant in-game.

4. ShuhDonk

ShuhDonk Registered

Yes please, this option would be very appreciated! Iracing has this and can save per car.. its a wonderful feature, allows you to set your view perfectly.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

AC and pCARS has it too.

For time being start of session set "mouse move" for right tilt and position you want then just make sure it can't move/vibrate.

....which means you cant use the mouse for anything.......

hehehe I know dumb workaround.

[​IMG]

6. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Not so dumb as who uses a mouse when driving :D
    Just hit u button and adjust as needed,same as DD's workaround....

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If any of the keen plugin developers has time... I think this is possible to do by returning a double value (in radians) from CheckHWControl, for LookUp or LookDown depending on the required setting. As long as you return the required value on each call it'll stay static and act as an offset (even from freelook). Then just need to set it either by class or by vehicle description, probably as an option when actually setting it, and also probably with some message centre text (at least) so the user can see what they're doing and what they're setting it for (class, vehicle, ...).

Time isn't something I've got much of right now, so I think someone else can come up with something more quickly.

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

I have a 1€ gamepad lying around for years now - gone try to connect that and map the movement keys to the stick instead of the mouse - is that possible? Will try over the weekend.......

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Dumb me lool

Online when I want to restart a session / race fast I often use windows key (fullscreen window ) to bring up the taskbar then click dedicated menu, then click restart, I can do that while I am racing np. ;)

It should work, I think you can connect at least 4 devices, think it may have been increased to 5 or 6.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm 90% done making a plugin that will let you modify and store the head pitch by class or vehicle... just sorting out a small bug or two.

11. argo0

argo0 Registered

Terrific, thanks mate

12. antgen

antgen Registered

On my DIY button box I have 3 axis with normal potentiometers that they assigned as camera move up/down - forward/backward - tilt up/down. I'm not talking about the key binding for seat position.
    In rF2 tilt up/down(which is the most important) was not working while in GSCE - F Truck everything was fine.
    Just now I discovered that deleting TrackIR_rF2_Plugin_x64 from plugin folder made tilt up/down working as it should.
    So you can use any joystick that can't center the axes itself and move the camera with it.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered