AMD FlipQueueSize_SET reg entry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by speed1, Feb 21, 2015.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

I like to let AMD user know who don't know or don't use third party software like the RadeonPro, can set the FlipQueueSize ( aka prerender Frames Nvidia ) manually in the registry by entry the FlipQueueSize_SET line and set the binary.

View attachment 15867

It helps with reducing input lag and may increases the performance on some systems as well.

Entry the FlipQueueSize_SET into the registry of your video driver and set a binary value of 31.00 for a FlipQueueSize of 1 ( aka prerender frames 1 ).

2. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

I don't have that option in my registry and if i'm not mistaken FlipQueueSize is hardlock to 1 within Catalyst driver, changing it doesn't affect anything. Which driver u currently using btw?

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

The driver is the last official and i taked this from the web, tested it and the input lag visually seem to be reduced. I set the entry myself.

4. Sebastian Röhn

Sebastian Röhn Registered

In the actual amd driver v14.12 is the FlipQueueSize value probably set to 3. Or this is value which is reported as default under RadeonPro software. And changing this value has an effect ;)

5. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

So you need to create it. I don't really have problem with input lag but i'll give it a try. :D

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes i create it by myself. You just need to entry it into the right folder as shown in the screenshot. Do create a binary entry, call it FlipQueueSize_SET and set the value of 31.00. The binary will shown as 31 00 when setting/typing it but the result is shown as 31.00 in the registry folder after saving and means 1

Yes it definitly seems to have an effect and RadeonPro does nothing different than to set the reg entry i think.

7. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\UMD]
    "FlipQueueSize_SET"=hex:31,00

Copy the above into a new text document,save as flipqueuesize.reg

8. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Will this work with a nVidia driver and card?

9. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

No
    Just for AMD ATI cards
    nvidia have the prerender option

10. Comante

Comante Registered

Thanks for the tip, Iìll give it a try.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Your welcome and i'm curious to here from others. ;)

Thank you for the tip but i think the number 0000\UMD can differ from user to user, and i guess it has to do with the driver installation and the leftover of it if not cleaned the registry entrys after deinstalling a driver or using a DDU utility.

I would double check if the right folder is in use before the reg entry, and or do a clean installation before doing so. What i id yesterday in addition to the entry is to define the FlipQueueSize definition by adding an definition entry, calls FlipQueueSize_DEF and set the value to 1

I'm indeed not sure if it is needed but i see the other SET entrys do use a definition as well, so i did it preventively.

12. Sebastian Röhn

How do I do that?

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Hi Sebastian,

as I mean to know there should be only one folder including gfx entrys, otherwise it would mean your driver Installation isn't clean.

The first time i checked my reg i had multiple folders with the same entrys but different folder Numbers.

I than used the DDU tool first and reinstalled the driver.

After doing so there was only one folder numbered with zeros.

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Check the screenshot above. If you ask me how i find the reg folder at all. I opened every main folder and sub folder until the UMD folder popped out.

Yes i know it's a bit poor but that's me. :)

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Maybe you can simply use the trick of MystaMagoo above after doing a clean install.

16. Sebastian Röhn

Thanks speed...I used now the DDU tool first and reinstalled the driver. Also checked the 0000 folders, which are a few but all of different drivers.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

Gern geschehen, but what do you mean with different drivers, display drivers with the UMD folder in ? If so than i think the cleanup process wasn't sucessfull.

18. Sebastian Röhn

No...drivers for other hardware. Entries like {4D36E9XX-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\ ...but none with a UMD folder in it.

So there are no older GPU driver corpses. But I don't notice any difference in FPS or input lag between value 1 or 5. I did notice more FPS with value 5 set by the Radeon Pro tool. But can't use it anymore because otherwise is the launcher not starting (process is running but invisible) a second time.

And actually I'm sick of the tweaking, because nothing seems to help to get rid of the stutters. Even lowest settings or all the vsync modes help not. Why can't this game run like others? Iracing, installed, adjusted settings for one time and it runs perfect even with nearly full settings.

I have enough frames in rF but still annoying lags. That graphic engine sucks...

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

As for your original question above how to know the right folder in use. You can change any setting of your choice in the AMD CCC which should change the value in the reg as well.

That way you should be able to identify the right reg folder with the gfx entrys in the sub UMD folder.

Ideally there should only one with the specific gfx entrys.

20. Sebastian Röhn

lol...your are right. I might have guessed. That is the eastiest and savest way to find out if it's the right reg folder. But it is definitely the right folder, but I still don't notice any difference.