DRS (rear flap) indicator

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Ashes, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Ashes

Ashes Registered

I hope someone can help here.

I have asked Sensadigit to please include in DashMeterPro an indicator for when DRS is available, and when it is activated.
    Please see his response to me below...

"There is a rear flap variable including the status (allowed or not)...
    ...I made some tests with the latest versions of rFactor but I did not find any useful information relative to the DRS, I checked in real time the rear flap variable but nothing happens"

At the moment I use DMP for everything, but cannot see DRS, so need to use an on-screen dash when driving the 3.5's.

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I made for league use an F1-style beep plugin that relies on the DRS status; it definitely works fine.

*Sorry, let me be more clear on that: the status of DRS being available, about to be ready to deploy (ie passing the detection point within the required time), and then ready for deployment (passing the activation point), all work. The status indicating whether the rear flap is currently activated (by the driver) I didn't need, so I can't confirm that.

3. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Thanks Lazza.

Can you remember what indicators / flags you used for detecting this?
    Is your plugin published - it sounds awesome.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In TelemInfoV01,

unsigned char mRearFlapActivated; // whether rear flap is activated
    unsigned char mRearFlapLegalStatus; // 0=disallowed, 1=criteria detected but not allowed quite yet, 2=allowed

I didn't use the first, but the second worked fine. I'm pretty sure the built-in HUD has a status available to it that I found worked once (couple of years ago I'm guessing) so I'd be pretty confident the activated status works correctly.

I didn't release that, no. It just plays a sound when you cross the detection point within range, and another when you cross the activation point having been within range. It's embedded with some other stuff so can't really throw it up here.

5. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Thanks Lazza.

Really appreciate your help - will pass this on to Sensadigit - hope to get this in DMP soon!

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Yeah. I'm using SliMax and I have the DRS led working on my wheel.