rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

How about just setting the AI to 0? :rolleyes:

You know ISI are doing well when the only gripe is this :D

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

He always have a gripe about something.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

You're harsh guys even if you disagree, could say that differently. We don't have a Test Day mode like we used to have on other sims. Having to reduce number of AI to zero and then raise it after that to the number you want look more like a workaround or a trick for a missing feature than a clean solution. I agree adding a Test day session if the more perfect solution but I guess it's the more demanding for devs. At least having a 3 states choices like Method 1 is probably implemented in minutes :
    1: Public
    2: Semi Private (AI Invisible)
    3: Private (Really alone)

And if they implement this and you disagree you'll be free to use the Stonehenge method instead ;)

4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I'm not sure if the "error" has already been reported, but I have in the current build, the error that the HUD display in the lower right of the screen highlighted in blue (see Screen), which was previously always transparent. Is this a bug or do I change back to a setting? View attachment 15909

5. stonec

stonec Registered

To above: HUD transparency was removed in build 930, try change to some other HUD that looks better.

Regarding private practice, I believe it was fully private in rF1 even when AI was not set to 0. Reason AI exists in rF2 private practice is probably because of realroad, in order to get the track rubbering (one car alone hardly lays down any rubber).

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I just fail to see the fuss, simply lower the AI to 0 then when you want AI raise them up......not really that difficult an action to perform, all this "well it used to be in rf1"...so did SPARKS and I'd rather we had them in RF2 before ISI cater to Spinellis forgetfulness ;)

7. rongarz

rongarz Registered

Thanks to ISI for the update. I only just tried it for the first time last night.

I had multiple freezes/crashes each time after running a short race, then going back out to the main menu to select another car and track, even when only selecting between official ISI content (Mountain Peak Speedway layouts, Monte Carlo and ISI cars). The crashes occured the moment I clicked to select a different car after selecting a different track or layout. To avoid the crash, I had to exit the game and relaunch each time I wanted to switch to a different track and car combination.

I'm not sure if this is due to the new UI or because I did an update rather than a clean install or some other reason. I saw a mod that restores the old UI. I may try that to see if it prevents the crashes.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Have a look into your Package folder. If there are some older rfmod files, uninstall and move them out of the folder, just for testing...

9. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Yes, you are on to something rongarz. I had a performance monitor up, including CPU usage and core count. The moment I exit a race, then finish session, and get back to the menu I get spikes of CPU core count, from 1, then a bounce to 2, then all the way to 4. In the race the count is one core and consistent.
    However those spikes don't necessarily correlate to the CPU usage. Why exiting a race and going into the track and car selection menu would cause all cores to be called up is odd.

*Also lowering my OC to 4.0 from 4.2 seemed to provide better CPU usage reports. Same car, track, etc. Lower usage peaks and more consistent CPU behavior.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've noticed the black screen and delay when exiting from the track back to the monitor but haven't noticed it when exiting back to the main menu. I thought it was related to the game loading skins for drivers that joined while I was on track but others have reported that it's happening to them offline too. So maybe it has something to do with writing the replay to disk. I wouldn't think this would spike the CPU much though. It would mostly be IO. I was going to try disabling replays to see if it resolves this issue. At least that would narrow down on the problem. I haven't had a chance to test this but if someone else has some time it would be interesting to know if it helps.

11. rongarz

rongarz Registered

I just double-checked and my Packages folder is empty. I have been moving the rfmod files out as soon as I install them. Also I do make sure to uninstall old versions before installing updated mods.

I do have standard replays enabled, I'll have to test to see if disabling them makes a difference. I may also test the old UI mod.

12. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Any news about a fix for this?

13. Growler

Growler Registered

I have updated rfactor 2 to build 930 however I now get an error message. The title screen will load and that's it. If I alt/control/delete there is an error message that says "could not load RF2_B cancel 0100.tga" I click on the file name in the Task Manager and the next error message comes up "could not load RF2_B cancel 0200.tga". I have to go through the whole process to get rid of the errors 0300 and 0400, and then it will load the screen where you can choose a car, track etc. If I choose a car it then goes to that car screen but I cannot go back (The "back" button/arrow) is not there.
    I have to then restart the PC to get rid of it. What do I have to do to fix it. I have tried deleting and reinstalling with the same results. The previous version worked fine.
    Any ideas?

14. rongarz

rongarz Registered

I tried to duplicate the crash at car selection, but it only happened once after a handful of tests. It happened after I finished a race with the F3 Spark at Monte Carlo and watched the replay. When I changed the track to Nordschleife Tourist Autumn then tried to select a Honda Civic BTTC car it crashed.

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	rFactor2.exe
      Application Version:	1.9.3.0
      Application Timestamp:	54de7cba
      Fault Module Name:	rFactor2.exe
      Fault Module Version:	1.9.3.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:	54de7cba
      Exception Code:	c0000005
      Exception Offset:	00000000002eba09
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	d051
      Additional Information 2:	d051e2db8c841d699f4bf966431a46a8
      Additional Information 3:	b742
      Additional Information 4:	b742554baea065afcb965a796a0e0ca6

15. brot

brot Registered

Am I the only one who is seeing a difference in lighting and reflections in B930?

I reinstalled B910 to be sure. And with the same settings, track, car and time of day, that build looks more "alive" to me. It´s like the sunlight has been turned down in B930, it looks dull.

And please make it possible for us older guys to change the colours in the new UI, my eyes can`t read all this "grey in grey" text.

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1

17. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

+2

braille would be good too ahaha

18. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Try using the "minimalist" IU. I'm getting old too, and that UI with those white letters over dark gray are very easy to read. Nothing against the ISI UI, just that the Minimalist was a help for us and for this simulator.

19. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

I like that. I think the latest release is 1.64 but there is something annoying that i´ve always to see "inside" vehicle tab or track which one is selected.

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Are there not established standards for easy to read color combinations? For example I seem remember a long time ago hearing that yellow text on blue is better than white on black etc etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.