rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

2. canastos

canastos Registered

A couple of drivers suffered also intermitent lag during our league race tonight, there was few drivers at the server tonight (10) and we suspect it could be build related; their ping was constantly good (40 - 50 ms)

byyyyyyyyyyye

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Was team/skin transfer enabled on affected servers ?

4. canastos

canastos Registered

Yes, in my case, skin tranfer was enabled on server, and both two custom skins present were transfered in previous practice sessions

Me, on client side, had also transfer enabled, like all the others I guess, but I was lucky and didn't suffer that lag, others had to quit because it was impossible for them to drive

byyyyyyye

5. McFlex

McFlex Registered

They tell them they should check their cpu usage with "ctrl+c"

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

That's the point. Would I need to stop using RF2 because my CPU is not able to run it well anymore? It was running perfect two weeks ago at the Ring with 42 cars.

May I have to download rf1 again?

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Build 930 introduced some performance issues on old CPU's, might all be CPU related and not network lag. If you have i5/i7 or modern AMD it will run just fine, I have i5 from 2009 and it runs perfect. It seems to be mostly problem on weak AMD's or stone age Intels.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

930 introduced some additional multithreading of the physics thread that was intended to improve performance but it caused problems with older CPUs. I doubt ISI is going to throw their hands up and give up after just one attempt. For now you can disable this extra threading by limiting rF2 to just two cores by adding +procmask=3 to your command line. I'm sure this bug will be fixed for the next release though.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Thanks, I will try this option tonight and see what happens.

I have an Intel i3, but one of my friends with a i5 have the same problem. Let's cross fingers.

10. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yes

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Are MP virtual drivers an issue in this? I've noticed it going well (driver joins, team/skin uploads and works) but usually bad (drivers have black cars, skins don't show, teams show as unknown cars)

if the server is trying to send/re-send/re-re-send this info to all......

12. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Not to muddy the waters but I experienced some heavy and seemingly random frame rate drops when I upgraded to Nvidia driver 347 from 344. Went back to 344 everything is running like a top again. Should we delete cbash and shaders when upgrading GPU drivers?

Tin foil hat on - Concerned the focus from Nvidia is optimization of dx11 with minimal regard to dx9. e.g. They state in driver 347 that Grid 2 FPS is up 12%. Grid 2 for the PC I believe is dx11 only. Again, ad hominem thinking out loud...

Not sure it can be said the problem is only with older CPUs. Perhaps only older CPUs begin to throttle and users notice a problem. As I stated my OC'd 4770K has one core at 90%+ then the next one between 30-50%, the next two at 10% but one of the last two is mostly Afterburner. Probably not normal but I didn't bother to check CPU performance in previous builds...

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Short report from B930 Single Player (I have only few minutes behind me, I read all previous post from this thread):

1/ I didn't have the UI bug even having 125% Font size in Win 7 64bits, but my "XP Compliant Font" box is unchecked so it may explain. I'm glad as having to change that in Windows and reboot to be able to play will had be painful (I still have the Lazza patch thanks to him if problem occur later). My eyes can't handle 100%.

2/ I confirm the Anisotropic bug not managed anymore in game and the fact I had to force it using NVidia Control Panel. I saw this immediately first launch as road was "washed" near me.

3/ Still the same old visual dirty awful big bada-bug (IMHO) with suspensions not connected to wheels for AI car whatever they are (Historical, Modern ones, etc.). Obvious with Historical Car (E.g. Eve F3) : start a race at last position and watch AI suspensions in front of you. During replay all is fine so it's frustrating and double frustrating as it's a pretty old bug and I never never had any feedback even reported (around) a thousand times. All cars impacted but the one I'm driving or focusing on (E.g. during replay using + / - = fine).

4/ 13 AIs and me and several tracks and I didn't feel any problem with my CPU. I didn't have to use for now the trick to lower number of thread through command line option, guess my CPU can handle it for now, or my number of AI is not enough high (I7 3770K OC 4,4)

5/ Ignoring above points, all seems pretty OK with this new build, thanks ISI! :)

14. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I tried to change to each new driver, but I always go back to 344, best performance/quality relation.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

it does bother me because there is a huge difference in loading 30 cars and loading 1 incase I forget to change the amount of drivers.

With regards to it being mostly meant for online - RF1, GTL, GSCE, FT, etc. all also have the "private" option but it works normally in those. The test day will only be you, regardless of what your # of opponents setting is set to.

16. Paul Loatman

Paul Loatman Registered

They probably made it different in rF2 because of the real-road stuff. I actually like having other cars that i can't intereact with, but will still help build up rubber on the road faster, as i'm sure other people do. So, i don't think they should change the way that particular option works, but instead just add another check box that allows you to remove all AI from the session regardless of your other settings.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so you want ISI to add a tick box because you're forgetful?! how about a tickbox for "Dry Weather" incase you forget to change from rain, or a tickbox for "Day Only" incase your setings are for Night and you forget to change the time...apologies for the sarcastic reponse but I find your argument with this extremely petty and totally pointless.

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So.......reading about the issue with multithreading; it could be I got more performance then, right?
    I always "hate" guys who start shouting here after each update they got 99% more fps.......and I saw nothing about this (MT) in the release notes; I thought I was mistaken.
    But, in my mind, it runs better and I have some more fps, mostly with more AI around. So that could be?

I have a stock i5 3570 with a GTX480. I tried the procmask=3 thingy to see what happened and with a lot of AI around; fps went seriously down.

Nice feature than by ISI; I hope they don't change to much on it.
    Not nice for older cpu's, but hey, for every game that comes out these days, you have to buy new stuff anyway. Plus; you're bound to buy a new cpu at some point, we all are.

19. Comante

Comante Registered

I too think I have slighty better performance, but as I'm not the kind of guy that check FPS or make extensive test, I can't say for sure. But I have a I5 4460, and RF2 is very smooth, except for that replay hiccup already reported.

20. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

..... I don't know how you can up with such silly options, and then totally forget the important stuff ..... I wan't a tickbox 'run race anyway', that starts the race when I accidently try to close the game :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.