rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Took me full 5 mins to figure out how to auto update. I need to drive more often. Downloading now. Thanks ISI! :cool:

2. TVR_Guy

TVR_Guy Registered

3. Diego Perez

Diego Perez Registered

I'm having problems with Facetracknoir + Headtrack app (android). In the previous build, everything worked, but now, even with the same settings no sign of movement in my head rFactor2. What can this be?

4. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Now I stick to what I said in #185. There IS a problem with RF, it would seem. I did not solve it in fact, I had prob again tonight, I thought I solved it again and still problems. This seems unsolvable to me, you have it, argo0 seems to have the same.

I reduce a lot of settings, lots of spare video ram, it still does it. The system is very clean with nothing else running except the usual firewall and AV in gaming mode I always had before with 910. The game is essentially unplayable for me now, cannot do a serious race with this craziness happening.

But u can check if video ram is fully used, this build seems to use more than 910, however I did this already and still have CPU problem myself.

5. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I don't have time to read through 15 pages of this thread, but I wanted to hop on here to say: nice job with the new UI! You guys have fixed one of my biggest gripes about the previous UI usability: the fact that it took so long to set a car and track--it really feels much much quicker now. So, it's quicker to get on track! Is there room for improvement? Sure; nothing art-related is ever really finished, anyway, is it? :p Looking forward to what's ahead!

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

'Standings', 'Expand', 'Right click driver' ;)

7. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Same here. On a first test i noticed that build 930 is a lot more demanding on CPU usage.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for your investigation, nice finding! Hope, they could fix this soon...

//Edit: rechecked my Race Rig Installation. Clio v1.51 is installed there. The spin over problem exist with v1.51, too

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
  9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

1.A) I've really been enjoying playing against the AI lately (including some very entertaining races like me and 29 F1ASR92 AI @ 60s Spa with wings at minimum and gearing to match, lol!!!) but what ISI really needs to implement is the ability to select multiple AI in order to give a setup to more than one AI at once. It takes about 5 clicks (AI driver, garage, particular setup, AI setup, standings) and a few good seconds to give a single AI a setup, doing that with 30 A.I. one by one is time consuming and generally just quite a hassle, it makes it a little discouraging sometimes to even bother.

1.B) As well as selecting multiple AI of your choice, a "select all" button is also needed.

2.). The setup name that a particular AI is using should show somewhere so that we know exactly what setup an AI is using. This makes it much easier to manage it all, especially when you have different setups to give out.

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

What about setting your brake ballance more to front wheels? If it spins under trail braking maybe it's that...

P.S - Attention that i didn't tried it, i'm just talking about setup basics...

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

It`s a problem with the AI`s...

12. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

WOW! Thank you ISI!

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nice Vid!

14. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

It's a known issue apparantly: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23794-Build-930-CPU-bar-maxed-out

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

16. tking

tking Registered

Thank you so very much for this. (I can't believe that ISI didn't immediately put out a fix for this, since changing display settings in Windows affects all programs. NOT good!)

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well a one size fits all UI that supports every iteration of Microsoft's UI changes isn't a simple task. In the past the UI used sprite based fonts so it was much easier. But to give more font options they switched to true type fonts so now it's impacted by font scaling. If you want to blame someone, blame Microsoft for not giving developers a way to disable font scaling on a per app basis. As you can see Lazza's solution is to have a separate UI for each font scaling option. Although this works, it still isn't a one size fits all. I write business apps in very controlled environments. Our solution to font scaling is to use Active Directory to distribute a group policy that forces everyone to use 100%. :)

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Lazza, great job, it works fine.

Have those who have tried your fix without success remembered to change UI later (OPTIONS)?

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I noticed a high and not acceptable CPU Impact of more than 150%! My CPU usage is around 60%-70%, wich was with Build910 around 20%. ISI, please fix this asap!

20. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.