rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Now I have created the virtual driver, where is his helmet?

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

For Clios it was happening since 910b, for Meganes it seems to start in 930b. Actually Clios are spinning when they have to brake hard and steer at the same time.

This is a typical curve where Clios have serious issues:

[​IMG]

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23749-AI-cars-bouncing-after-930b

T. Wheatley has already stated a Megane update is going to be released soon. And, the Clios has just updated to 1.51, let's see if it improves:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23188-Renault-Clio-197-v1-51-Now-Available

As last resort I'm going to study the AI Calibration plus AI Setups in order to make them right for offline races. Those small cars are really good to drive.

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

+1

4. stonec

stonec Registered

No, you don't need to control anything on the server side. Anyone can create a virtual vehicle now and join with it, it will show both name and skin if automatic skin transfer is enabled. Super easy and will help leagues a lot.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

There is no way to control this feature and it does lead to total anarchy. I think the feature would mostly be helpful for pickup servers where anarchy is already endorsed. I believe that disabling skin xfer will also disable the xfer of rcd files but I haven't tested this yet.

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Sorry, I tried it, with W7 it solves the empty listbox problems, at 125 % even unchecking wide UI many options disappear from visible screen, at 110 % custom size, all the screens are still to big but pending more tests, it works.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

This feature is coupled with skins download feature? No mean to separate them? So I disable the skin transfer now pending further informations on this system !!! How is done the verification of the content of the veh compared to the reference component? Is there possibilities to "cheat"?
    I'm a bit afraid about this new feature. Skin have no risk, virtual vehicle I think possible to get some risk.

8. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

How would you change hdv file values, which are stored in a mas file by creating an extra veh?

9. Domi

Domi Registered

He did absolutely nothing in this UI ;)

10. traind

traind Registered

I appreciate the work that went into the new UI. It is certainly aesthetically superior to the old model. Thanks.

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

And functional, I like it more and more.

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You are right, but some elements in VEH can be modified to point another hdv for example, I don't know if rF2 forbid to point another HDV from another component. Need confirmation about this and tests.

13. Magic43

Magic43 Registered

Hello guys i have downloaded and installed the new 930 update today but now i drive the most time of the lap in slowmotion. Never had it before. I have a Geforce GTX 660 TI and never probs with rf2.
    Maybe anyone has the same problem and can help me.
    Thx in advance.

Cheers Magic43

14. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ok the "online virtual driver" seems a little bit messed up :D. It works even if skin transfer is disabled. So you couldn't even deactivate it on the dedicated server :D. As Noel said this could lead to total anarchy :D We even ran into some troubles while playing around with this feature. The server got a little hickup and didn't let me join correctly with other teams/skins. I just showed up as a spectator and first after i "rejoined" via the "car select" feature i could properly join the grid :confused:

15. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Press Strg+C to show CPU usage and take a look at the purple bar. The bar may not reach the right side. I suspect it does for you.

For me he CPU usage increased from build 910 to 930 about 50%

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

BTW, for those who haven't discovered it yet, there are 4 official ISI servers up again.
    Look for these server names:

ISIO FR35-14 Silverstone
    ISIO EVEF3 TigerMoth
    ISIO N370z Mores
    ISIO IndyRC DW12

:cool:

Don't know if those servers are hooked up to LiveRacers though.

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well the way it works is it creates and RCD file which points to a VEH file. You aren't actually creating a new VEH. So you should run into problems with people on the wrong physics. The problem I see with it as a league is having people not using the correct naming conventions for the team name and not sticking to the leagues skinning requirements.

Here is a sample RCD file:
    Code:
    //[[gMa1.002f (c)2015    ]] [[            ]]
    VEC_TS040-P1
    {
      Noel Hibbard
      {
        Team = #00 Test Team
        Component = VEC_P1_TS040
        Skin = test.mas
        VehFile = P1_007TR.VEH
      }
    }

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

To echo another later post, and not disagreeing with other points you made Noel, the UI isn't that hard to change; the main issue with making layout changes (ie grouping things differently, rather than just resizing different areas but keeping them in the same position relative to each other) is that it takes some planning and time to implement, every single time. (for example, to expand the garage would mostly be about repositioning the already existing garage items - this is literally a copy-paste in the .osc file, followed by a fair bit of editing. But you can use Excel or similar to automate and simplify a lot of the GUI resizing, to avoid having to add x pixels to the position of each gizmo in a particular section manually, that kind of thing)

No doubt a more capable platform with its own editing tools would make this easier, but the current UI system is mainly limited by the same things a new one would be limited by - the options and settings the game gives you.

One thing I'd love to see is a way to change the speed of input, like changing a fuel load of up to 160kg by 0.5kg at a time... should at least be able to right-click and do 10 at a time, or even a devmode style input of clicking and dragging in some fashion to quickly run through the values. But if the game doesn't provide it, you can't do it. If the game let you make your own GUI and then feed the resulting parameters back in, then sure, that's easier... but we don't know that would be the case with a completely new UI system, and either way it's not coming soon so let's not worry about it.

As for the lastest UI, most of the 'bugs' are actually easy fixes (missing info, disappearing buttons when switching to expanded, etc). Question is whether to do it or wait for ISI to get to them.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

And devmode has a WYSIWYG UI editor so moving a few pixels here and there isn't just a notepad trial and error sort of thing. But it would still be easier with a dedicated tool like Flash. It would also allow your average graphic designer to help with the design. But like I said, and you repeated, Iggy or not the backend would still need changes to add new stuff. Flash alone isn't going to transform the UI.

I would much rather see the tire model finished up and some new APIs than a total UI overhaul. ISI has their priorities in the right place IMO.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

did a quick auto update

new UI looks good ( was much needed ) so glad the old one is a thing of the past

didn't really check out anything else (things look very strange on a monitor to me now),

seems to be good feedback on the forums though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.