rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like you've got the Mini HUD active. Go back to the main menu, Options, Onscreen Display. GTDIAL and MULTI DIAL are probably more what you're used to. The other two put the 'map' at the top.

2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Cheers for that, will check it out tonight :)

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Just discovered that now when watching a replay or after returning to pits in a session the last 20 seconds of replay are followed by a big pause/stutter (1 or 2 seconds) at start in both situations, after that it plays normally...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Same Problem here, did the .jason changes for Enable Legacy HDR Profiles, but problem exist.

//Edit: Font Size is set to normal.

5. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

The 'enable legacy HDR profiles' option has nothing to do with the font scaling issue. Not sure where this was stated, but it's just not true. If you're having text problems with 125% scaling, go to 'Set custom text size (DPI)' and uncheck 'Use XP style font scaling'.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm having text problems, 100% (Smaller) Scaling and I dont have the 'Use XP style font scaling' option (Win 8.1 64bit). See my previous post for dealings with it.
    In the first post it says "In the meantime Windows at 100% works." - which in my case it does not.

7. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Build 930

since 930 is the replay at the beginning briefly for 1 sec stand, then continues as normal

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The "Joke" is, in Windows 8.1 i have 3 settings on the slider: smaller (left), blank (center) and bigger (right). What i thought was, smaller = below 100%, bigger above 100% and the center means 100%. But this is wrong! The left setting (smaller) = 100%, the center=125% and the right (bigger)=150%...

With smaller it`s working now.

9. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I reported some CPU problems back in post #185, tbh I think was talking rubbish so please ignore, probably some weird CPU spikes outside of RF happened for the first time in 2 years, and it was just co-incidence this happened when I installed 930. It run fine last night.

The new UI is nice. I see a lot of fuss about minor things with the UI here - as is the norm here. I never come here and start mouthing off about things that bother me with RF - if I did I would be banned a hundred times :D. Nice though the new UI is I do have these 2 constructive criticisms this time and I think these are valid and fair points :

1) Sector times are gone! Even if you click expand they are not there. Come on guys, put them back!
    2) As with last ui, you cannot use your cursor keys to edit text when say, you are saving a setup and typing a name. Come on guys, you can do that! We should be able to correct typos in a modern fashion.

10. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, Eduard made the Minimalist UI in just 2 weeks and he had no clue when he started. I don't think that you need "lots of man hours", it just needs time like everything else, but certainly you need someone with talent and creativity.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Right click on the driver in table Standings

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it have nothing to do with B930, but i don`t noticed this before: Clio`s spin over in some turns (touching curbs), noticed it in a multiclass race with Clio, Megane and BTCC

13. Addict

Addict Registered

I don't see this option in Windows 8.1 :(

14. McFlex

McFlex Registered

OMG. So far nobody realized this awesome feature?! This is really really great and if it works correct, league administration with regard to skin packaging it is a lot easier and maybe even not needed anymore :cool:

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, noticed this, but how to make it working technically?

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

When you exit the game....watch the credits. [emoji6]

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What track and is it AI or human driving? Clios do tip over easily anyway when jumping kerbs.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Just create a virtual vehicle like I demonstrate in this video and then join the server:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN3eVgF5ZVg

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

AI`s tip over...Noticed on several tracks. E.G. Lime Rock and Mid Ohio

20. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, but on server, what to do, is these vehicles have to be "available" in the profile used? (to control coherence between client and server?)

Not sure to understand the power of this feature :), So how it works online and what we are able to control to avoid "anarchy"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.