rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hm...did they broken TrackMap again? Noticed missing start lights during a sp test race (LRP).

2. rer8

rer8 Registered

What do I need to download to do a complete install. I have somehow messed everything up and nothing is working... sorry for the aggravation!

I hope that no one else has problems with their install, but just in case you did this is what decided to do. I remove all of the rF2 930 install and then reinstalled the last version, and got it up and running properly. I then checked for updates and allowed the update. It worked perfectly. This event was my fault. The update ultimately worked as advertised.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I agree that functionality is the most important but I sort of disagree that the current UI can't be used. Just look at how great xUI was for rF1. I'm sure we will see some improvements to this current UI though. For example you pointed out that the driver name was missing when you have the monitor maximized. That can easily be fixed. I think the biggest problem is how difficult it is to make changes to the UI. Lets say they want to make an expand button for the garage, it wouldn't be a simple drag and drop. It would take lots of man hours. If it was something like Iggy or HTML5 then you would have access to full blown tools to build the UI. But even if you use Iggy it doesn't mean that suddenly the UI will have new functionality. They would still need to make changes to the game to support new stuff. But the same could be done to add more functionality to the current UI tech. This new UI has some core code changes to it. It isn't JUST a new skin.

For me it's a step forward. Mainly because it's cleaner and isn't scaled anymore. Some aspects of it are more legible but a few areas need some improvement. The ListView when selecting cars/tracks/mods for example looks much better.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Better go higher than 8 since even road cars now have 9-speeds.

6. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

8. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Build 930

Yes, expand is ok, just missing then stop again the TV Picture!
    You have to constantly click back and forth.

9. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

10. TJones

TJones Registered

Some thoughts about the new UI

What i like:
    - UI look's more clean, more tidy.
    - Main screen got a bit more Functionality, like session selection, some stats, abillity to select a car and go directly to race.
    - Car/Track selection screen, there are more items visible at once.
    - Big TV-screen in the "session" menu. (with "session" i mean the menu that comes up when you enter a track) :)
    - Weather forecast in "session" menu.
    - Abillity to watch the action on track, while going through different menus.
    - Additional setup options, mainly for stock-cars, wheelload display!!

What i don't like or could be done better:
    - usage of screen could be more efficient. There is lots of unused space left, while some menus are very cramped, for example "opponent filter" in the session settings.
    While it's nice to have a big TV-screen, there is not much space left for "setup" or "settings" in "session" menu.
    - HDR-Legacy and HDR-profile selection options are missing (badly). :)
    - Save-dialog in steering menu still doesn't show up the active steering setting, so if you like to save changes, you have to type in the whole file-name again. (Save-dialog for car-setup shows how it can be)
    - In "session" menu under "standings"->"expand" there are no sector times, i think there is plenty of space.
    - Replay section under "options" seems a bit misplaced. :)

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Haven't read others post. Only a couple about people complaining. Well not really read. Just skimmed over.

But, Loving the new UI. Looks great and functional. Simple transition to select car, track, tune it, go race. Far better then that old rubbish.
    I'd give a 10 out of 10 but for the Showroon. It's still total rubbish. Visually crap and Doesn't allow full rotation. Ambiance is dark and dingy. Not where you'd like to showcase your car/s.

Still to see about other things but this is a good start.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1 Completely agree.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I find the current garage screen less intuitive, and also more convoluted & messy feeling.

Everything is so small, and tightly packed together, and sometimes the front/rear settings are placed left-to-right from each other (for eg. toe) rather than top (front) bottom (rear). Bo the front and rear suspension adjustments are near the middle of the screen which makes it easy to be adjusting the rear instead of the front (or vice versa) by mistake.

The pre-b930 was much, much quicker to navigate, and the relevant stuff to adjust "popped" much more, and even just in terms of pure-looks looked more aesthetically modern.

The different colours, the different sized fonts, the pictures of the car (easily showing what part of the car those adjustments are for). Etc. of the pre-b930 one actually felt faster, more naturally intuitive, etc. The current one feels like a pile of text & numbers that got shoved into my face as if I just got handed an engineer's personal messy, hand-written notebook or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  15. Paul Loatman

Paul Loatman Registered

Same here. Before, i mostly only noticed flat spots if i was turning and loading up the tire that was flat spotted, but now i can feel it even when i'm just driving in a straight line. Feels like a high frequency vibration.

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it was reported before, it`s missing to switch to another/next driver in replay view. It`s not possible, to kick other driver in expanded view.

17. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Bit of a strange one, a friend also has the same thing.

I havent got a screen shot unfortunately but will try to describe it.

The horizontal mini-map (the scrolling bar with car numbers on, that you turn on and off with 4) is now stuck in the very top centre of my screen, and can not re position it...I can turn it off obviously.
    The chat/information box that used to sit in the bottom left corner of the screen, has now moved into the bottom centre of the screen, now hiding behind my wheel rim....
    I have tried messign around with some of the new UI/display options but no change...and most of them force rf2 to stop working when I click apply..

This is a clean install, triple screen setup, but my friend who had the same problem did an auto update and is using a single screen.

18. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Tearing is a visual artifact in video display where a display device shows information from two or more frames in a single screen draw. The artifact occurs when the video feed to the device isn't in sync with the display's refresh.

Go to C:\Users\XXX\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player , open player.JSON , edit "Max Framerate":0, to "Max Framerate":60, and it may help problem with tearing.

19. bwana

bwana Registered

I mentioned it earlier in this thread but now every second time I start rf2 I have no sound in game, need to close and restart game. PC has sound just none in game . works fine on second attempt. ? nothing else has changed on my machine just 930 update

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

To give an example of optimum screen usage (to me) here's the in-session view of the MinimalistUI.

View attachment 15817

There's a lot more space for the driver names (26, which coincidally is a maxed out F1 grid for example in 1992).

The team names are visible when in "Live Timing" but going away from "Live Timing" makes the monitor a bit bigger, and still leaves driver names, position and best lap.
    Garage screen overlays timing section and leaves monitor visible. The Setup Section are well organized.

Personally I'd rather see team names than car class, which for many mods is fictional or incomplete.

In summary the new UI is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't quite beat the best user mod yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.