ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

About the front end grip: that shouldn't be necesserily the case. Maybe due to a higher CoG, but I have actually slightly lowered the moments of inertia. With some setup corrections, I can turn in slightly more precise to be honest. No update of me is coming before sunday evening (if any), because I will not be at home.
    Have fun racing!

EDIT: about the slipstream effect. This is indeed slightly reduced, but you still gain about 15 km/h with a good wake on long straights, provided that your engine has some rpms left. Seems totally fine and realistic by my. I even increased the width of the wake (from 1.9 (default) to 2.135 meters).
    One thing maybe not everyone knows. If you drive against the AI and your "AI strenght" setting is more than 100%, be sure to set "AI Power Calibration":0, in the player.JSON file. If it is not zero, then the AI not only gets cornering speed bonuses, but also bonuses in power and torque. This way it may seem that the slipstream effect is lower, but in game the car in front simply accelerates away from you because of their power advantage.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Nice, thanks again.

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Oke guys. Back home to eat something and thought: let's take a closer look at the engine file with a nice little programm called "CarStat 2.0c", that you can find here on the forum. What I then discovered, is best described as a major flaw that exits in all my physics updates for this mod. The programm calculated a maximum power output of the engine of only about 670 hp (in stead of about 750-760 hp). I digged into the engine file and did some hand calculations myself only to discover that the programm was indeed correct. I've made a big error in my calculation.
    Of course I will correct this, but give it some 24 hours or so. Simply increasing drag values of the car (with the same percentage as the power output increase) doesn't do the trick, as the laptimes are still too fast then (you can brake later for example).

Stay tuned!

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

...and the current version wasn't the full bandwidth of the engine,...nice i already liked the power the Senna Car generates. By the way i like to ask you if the seat height and or position is right, because it feels like sitting 1 meter to high. while the mirrors are out of space and behind the drivers POV as well as i'm looking on the top of the mirrors housing anyway in standard. The problem is i can set what i wan't it never feels right.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

If you are asking me about the the seat position: I don't know to be honest. It is probably editable with Notepad, but I don't know exactly where to find it and whether it changes something on the physics part. I think this request is up to the ASR modding group.
    BTW, my physics update v1.818 will come within 2 hours. V1.818 will probably my last update for league physics. After this update I will start to work on a historic/single player version, but that won't be ready within 2 weeks I guess.

Have fun racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Woohooo! Great news that you want to take on that challenge.

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Physics update for v1.81 - v1.818 (probably last league edition physics)

Hello party people,

See below the download link for v1.818 of my physics.

https://mega.co.nz/#!YJZxha6Q!vsG8Vn9p86LDGsnwOqtJZYZl2xRQOGZPA3WB5cpw0q0

Changes:
    - corrected engine power output. Now the car has some 80hp extra. To compensate, and get the same laptimes of about 1:16's @Interlagos, I adjusted the downforce (slightly) and drag (pretty heavily) of both the wings and the diffusor. In the beginning it may take some time to get used to the extra power available. The balance (front vs rear grip) should still be the same.
    - Made some small adjustments to the AI settings (still room for further improvement here, but needs testing)

I will start next week on the historic/single player edition of this great mod. Please give me some time as this will take me at least 2 weeks!
    Have fun racing!

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Frenky, if you need testing for the Histo Edition, ping me.

I get a weird enjoyment out of letting the AI run laps and races on their own ;)

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Frenky

Ok i unterstand, i think i can deal with it anyway., and i'm looking forward to test the update soon, which i'm sure is great as it was already nice to ride previously. Thanks for your efforts. ;)

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Ok I surrender, noob at using these update files, can someone point me to exactly where I drop this file please..

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Same place you drop your mod packages. I have mine here: games\rfactor2\packages

Then you go into mod manager, and highlight ASR 1.81, it will then tell you there is an update.

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Ah ok thanks ,wasnt doing the highlight bit .cheers

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

So guys, I'm busy with my historic version of this great mod. Right now, I encounter 2 problems. They are described here:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23979-2-Possible-bugs-Handling-of-talent-file-MAS-tool

Take a quick look at the two screenshots to see what differences in laptimes you may expect in the historic version.

(so the two problems are: 1. slower team mate (according to the talent file) always qualifies in front of the other. 2. Right now, it is not possible to make an update of this mod, as you will get every driver name in the main menu listed twice. So now I have a vehicle component with about the same file size as the original mod... (410 MB))

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hmm, interesting. I guess by "simulating" you mean letting the AI run a session, not quick-finish session. How long, what settings? I saw sometimes that faster AI will be blocked by slower AI in front, but if the Q session is long enough for them to get new tires, usually each has a chance for a clean lap.

I wonder if maybe the RCD isn't recognized for some reason? But then you wouldn't have so consistent results.

If you want, I'm on B770, I can test it out for you if it's build related.

For the double name it's obvious that the game is cumulating - not replacing - the VEH files. Not sure what could be done about that.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd be cautious about those performance gaps you create. Reducing the speed ability of the lesser cars AI should be enough, not reduce every single stat. I'm sure you still must refine a bunch of car value parameters so I'll not say anything, but I'd be super happy to contribute with that individual performance for L.E. (I did some of that in F1C).

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Me too. I used to do this all the time with Grand Prix 2. Felt like a real race being broadcasted.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

in your player.json file raise the "head pitch" value from 0 (default) to around 0.7. This will have your POV from a driver's eyes who is looking more straight-ahead rather than downwards towards the ground. Once you do this - and because the driver's eyeballs/head are/is more pointed straight instead of downwards.- you'll immediately notice that the view looks even higher than before. Rest assured though, the seat-height/view hasn't changed, you're now just more wasily able to see the true height most default seat positions use which are usually too high because the overly facing downwards head-pitch messes-up the perception So lower the seat-height after.

In-short: Raise the head-pitch in your player.json file (I'd say to around 0.75), then lower the seat/view (in-game).

P.S. Don't forget, there is still a bug in the game going back to at-least B598 where the closer to 50% you set your head movement to, the higher or lower (I can't remember) your view changes (even though the seat position numbers don't change).

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Understand, i'll try that. Thank you. ;)

19. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I'm looking foward your HE version!! :)

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys!

@Guimengo & GCCRacer: I could already upload a beta version of the H.E. But it is not an update anymore, but a standalone component (due to the double driver names problem). I therefore need separate permission from the ASR guys to upload this or wait till someone (ISI) fixes the double driver names problem.

@GCCRacer: Yes, I let the AI run a whole session and do not click on "Finish session". Qualli takes 60 minutes and max 12 laps. Track rubbering in takes a role, but after so many rounds simulating, the picture for me is very clear: I've yet to see the #1 driver qualifies in front of his weaker team mate... And I think the RCD is correctly recognized; the "classes" and "driver name" parameters matches with that in the VEH files. Furthermore, the Qualli lap time difference between McCarthy and Modena is always quite small, as are their skill stats, whereas the difference between Hill and Van de Poele is big (more than a second, with Van de Poele always in front). But I made Hill very good and Van de Poele quite poor. But in-game it looks like the stats of Hill are taken from Van de Poele and vice versa. This holds for all the 1st and 2nd drivers, as you can see this trend in the screenshots also with Schumacher and Brundle, Capelli and Alesi, Senna and Berger, Mansell and Patrese and so on. #2 Driver qualifies always in front.