ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Are you really too blind to go to their website and read all the information which is there?

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

But you didn`t find on their website any information about a 1.816 version...

If you went into this party lately and read on some pages about a e.g. version 1.816, without any reference to Frenky`s posting and go to the first page, you never will find it (v1.816).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

They have the 1.81 up now?

The problem with Spinelli is that multiple times already I suggested to him an active approach, contact the teams, manage the mod database for them. Instead he keeps popping into mod threads and demanding that the modders provide him with a written detailed list so he can get a clue.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Physics update for v1.81 - v1.817

Hello party people. First, let me apologize for the two crappy physics updates I gave you guys. In my honest opinion, not all the changes I made in v1.816 were actually an improvement over v1.815. So I'm sorry for that...
    Having said that, the good news is that I've made a much improved version now. Version 1.817 can be downloaded below:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ygMyQKrI!ii4_kmCRoTSARlsT4aQGpxSYlOtAWQVYV80WaLL1Xu0

I've gone through all the feedback. So you will find in this version:
    - more rear wing settings (from 10 to 20), less brake duct settings (from 10 to 8 --> there wasn't really a need for setting 9 and 10)
    - a pretty fragile car, e.g. completely redone the damage settings. I strongly recommend the ASR team not to include this damage file in their mod. You will see wheels flying through the air and also breaking engines. For a lot of amateurs the race will be over, before they have gone through the first corner...
    - change all tyres at once during pitstops

- Furthermore, I didn't see that the drafting settings of the original physics were commented out. Meaning rF2 just uses default settings for slipstreaming. I've slightly adjusted the slipstream effect, to more realisitic values, so that less speed is gained while slipstreaming.
    - I also changed a lot of AI settings. They won't be quicker, but they should act more "human". E.g. they are "cheating" less.
    - There is now a greater need for some radiator opening, as I've adjusted the thermal properties of the engine. Each radiator setting now also creates more lift.
    - Reworked the diffuser equations as well as the drag and downforce equations of the wings (the latter only minor adjustments)
    - Drag (top speed) of the car now depends more on the average ride height and also more on the difference in ride height between the front and the rear of the car
    - And a lot more subtle changes

Overall I try to stick with the balance from the original physics. With this version, I'm (as a crappy keyboard driver) able to drive a 1:16.4 on ISI Interlagos with low fuel. So pretty realistic I think compared to the 1:15.7 Mansell did in 1992.

Let me know what you think. I won't bring an update before the end of the weekend, so you have time to test.
    Have fun racing!

6. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I disagree, because there is a damage slider for that.

Many thanks for this and all the other changes.

Nice to see another keyboard driver as myself, but IMO testing laptimes should best be done with a wheel, unless you're as fast.

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Mansell did his time on qualifying tires (1-2s quicker per lap).
    Cheers.

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

9. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

@Frenky Btw regarding active suspension. Would that be possible with a plugin?

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Do you know how many mod teams there are? Then how many different mods each of them have? How many updates and version numbers there are? Are you kidding?

Also, their website and the OP only shows v1.81 for the 1992 mod, yet if you dig through this thread, you'll see that v1.817 has been released. No website update, no OP update.

Furthermore, the OP makes no mention of most of the other cars available.

Finally, there are two active threads, one called "ASR-Formula-Open-Wheel-Classic" and this one called "ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion". So not even a single convoluted thread is enough now, we need 2. On top of that, there's a thread specifically for their very popular early 90's Ferrari F1 car, well what about the thread for the McLaren car, and what about the thread for the open-public beta version of the Williams? Do I need to go spend my day searching through more threads?

My life doesn't consist of searching pages upon pages and threads upon threads of all sorts of posts upon posts trying to dig around just incase there just may happen to be some sort of new content or new update. I go to school, I work, I come on here to post and read a few threads of particular interest (core physics discussions, gfx/hardware setup/issues/advice, etc.) and I want to spend most of my RF2 time playing, not going on a thread-expedition searching "millions" of posts for some random new-content or content-update thread.

If this was the only mod around, I'd manage, but there are a ton of car, track, and plugin mods out their. Not to mention, all the updates involved with each one. I don't want to be scanning all sorts of threads and thread-pages everyday just to see if there are mod updates or new mods. Some organization would go a long way. At the very, very least, have the OP updated with all content and always updated content info and links (should be the first thing done before even announcing/posting anything about the update/new-content).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Honestly, I have no idea. I don't know how to make a plugin and I doubt if rF2 is able to "bypass" suspension settings.

12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I can understand your feelings and partly agree with you that there should be a better structure for mods. But I don't want to discuss this further.
    Now, for the v1.817 update comparing to ASR's website stating that v1.81 is the latest version. I make physics updates for this 1992 ASR mod, but I'm not part of the ASR modding group. I have their acceptance to publish physics updates in this thread, but is up to the ASR team to include this update into their mod (or not). So "officially" v1.81 is their latest version.

Have fun racing!

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Oh I got it, so it's not technically an "official" ASR update yet, but you decided to share it with us early. Well thank you for that :)

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I will download this and try it out later, and post my feedback. I like some of the things I read in your changes but three points I didn't.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

16. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I tried 1.817 on Sao Paulo : amazing car! a great lot of fun!...but my best lap time is far behind that of Frenky, I'll not tell! :)

17. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Really? I have setting 12 for the rear wing, so that may be a difference. And I know from my F1RFT2013 thread that there are guys at least 0.5 seconds faster than me :p. That's why I'm interested if anyone could beat the 1:15.7 of Mansell on that track.

Have fun racing!

18. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Uninstall previous update and install new one, right?

Thanks

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Right. I allways uninstall everything of ASR. Then install their v1.81 and then my v1.817.
    If the mod manager shows the update as v1.817, everything is fine.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Comparing with default setups, first impression (did a 1:18.0) is I lost the front precision I used to have especially entry and mid corner. Also I do get slipstream but it definitely is of less impact than before. Maybe I'll wait for your update tomorrow.