ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Naturally, after verification.

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Short and maybe meaningless observation:

Compared with the '91 physics, the '92 cars used to be quite a bit faster. Now they appear to have turned slower by a second or two.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That sounds good to me. I found them to be a bit too fast and forgiving before the update. :)

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

But maybe it means the 91's will also need a tad toning down because they shouldn't be faster than the '92. Though it's of course also dependent on default setup (I compare AI times here).

5. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

'91 dw12 physics will be removed on next update, for a 92 like physic but with little modification related to single car specification

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Like mentioned in the post above, 1991 cars are far away from historic at the moment. They won't be historic but will not be as fantasy, similar to this 92 approach.

About 1992, I also agree there is too much longitudinal slip and a little bit of lack of bite on the front. With a corrected ride height and higher resolution textures on the steering wheels (the only visual aspect that sticks out), it'll be a very worthy LE so I hope this sentence is taken into account when Sderenno updates it :).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

shhh...if u dont tell me theyre not historically accurate i wont know. :I

8. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

nice mod thanks cars look a bit dull not much reflection but still nice.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The reflection isn't like a milky mirror as it was before but it is far closer to real life than the previous iteration. Between this and previous, if no further adjustment can be made, there is no question this is better.

10. Alexease

Alexease Registered

THX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Last bit of feedback, besides this

The right hand has an invisible gap at lock (mentioned before but here's a screenshot)

View attachment 15694

12. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

As i said, 92 LE is at the moment a rF1 conversion, our modeler is working to update all models like the 643 and the MP4 / 6, the other guys are making the tires and all the interiors, this for all 91-> 94 cars, but it will take a long time, so we will release the car individually.

This remake of 92LE was a pleasant work out program for the community that were starting league with 1.7 version, so about three weeks ago, we tried to make this version before the leagues began.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Absolutely no worries on your timeline, it was just important to post clear feedback so when your team has time to work on it, there's no need to keep reupdating it :).

14. tafkams

tafkams Registered

I hope that means physics are also taken from rF1 and will be edited. I think 1.7 version of this mod is that popular because it is like it is. In my opinion the best rF2 mod so far. It is driveable for nearly everyone but also challenging when you drive on the limits. And you got many information via FFB. In my opinion there was only one thing that could be improved: the behavoiour on gravel (e.g. sand). Apart from that the mod was nearly perfect. Maybe it was a little bit too fast but doesn't matter to me.

I've tried 92 LE and must say that i am a little bit disappointed. The new 92 mod has nothing to do with your great 1.7 version besides the name. It is more or less a total different/new mod. Maybe it is more reallistic that the cars don't have much downforce but that was one of the key facts why i like your 1.7 version that much. One thing is positiv: Graphics are great.

I hope physics are only a beta of this beta mod and the old physics will be adapted to the LE version.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great, so there will be two versions. The original 1.7 for those who prefer the exaggerated grip/fun and the new one for those of us who prefer something closer to realistic.

16. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the extra longitudinal slip (especially from the front end of the car). I felt the same thing with the 96 Ferrari but originally thought it might be particular to that car until I tried 92 1.8 LE.

I suppose if one was so inclined they could wait until final version of 92 LE for the graphics updates and then re-package it with 1.7 physics and garage options. I'll be curious to see what ends up happening with this, because I can totally understand what tafkams is saying. I'd say lets wait until Sderenno etc have a chance to adjust things based on feedback and we'll see what happens next.

I think a lot of people will feel quite strongly about this mod, because this mod (and the other cars ASR have produced) "IS" rFactor 2. This is what happens when you produce a mod of such high quality and nostalgia!

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Downloaded the LE.version and it looks great but to me the feeling is a bit numb. I love the 92 original and drive a fairly low downforce set so the exaggerated grip some talk of is most likely less evident. The limited setup options of the LE. was a downer.. Look forward to where this great team go with this.. 7 seconds slower at Sao Paulo with LE version btw.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

When I look at the current 1.8 I see a bit of Reiza's F-V12 as inspiration - setups included. That's not a bad thing at all.

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Even if the car is drivable with default setup, may be many criticism would be less if the default setup was improved (target Portugal track for instance). As soon as you correct ride height the car improves markedly, with a balanced setup it is very nice to drive, even if slower than the previous version which was a rocket.

I believe ligues can choose which physics to run (1.7 or 1.8) so no problem there, and users can do the same if they repackage the new version with the 1.7 physics (may be ASR could provide both versions on it's site to please everyone as does Coca Cola).

I have allways defended the view that not all RF2 users can devote the same amount of hours to their hobby (nor have the same abilities), and that every car could come with two versions, one being easier to master than the other at the cost may be of being less realistic.

Thanks again to the ASR modding team.

20. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Good idea to valutate with right solution (extra optional update)