build: 910, missing car parts in replay bug, car get stuck in tirewall

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mtbboy, Feb 8, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The entry page to the forums tells you exactly how it'll work.
    http://imagespaceinc.com/forum.php

It states: Our visitors are very knowledgeable, and in many cases it will be them who are answering your posts. Staff will only visit the forums when time permits. If you require staff to assist you, we suggest using the email contact options available instead.

The top of the tech support forum and the main page before entry both state: Staff may not offer support in here at all times.
    Contact support if you require more immediate help than found in here.

He does now. You've been given excellent advice that made a staff post not required in any case, it just requires removing whatever psychological block is stopping you from accepting help.

2. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

I am saying your install process is flawed if it screwed up my existing installation and that is in no way the responsibility of your forum members or they are just making excuses for the flaws. As for a psychological block does your team have one when it comes to creating a trouble free update process?

My installations has become messed up on I believe 4 different times I still have not been able to replace mods that have been lost in the process. It's upsetting. What you have done is created a scenario where as people are habitual creatures an easy way for the update process to become erroneous be it human error or not it's almost like it was baited into happening and maybe your not ready for a main stream platform like Steam? As was said ISI has their own way of doing business within it's own structure?

Anyway I respect the reply but still no insight on what may be done to correct the issue or no recognition that there is an issue? What happens when you do get on Steam and you do in fact possibly get some hardcore console players that have never added a mod before start to try this.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

And were are back on topic !!! :D

about the car livery mix up:

when you create an alt.dds and call it Hondalt.dds and your buddy names it also Hondalt.dds. No problem: your Hondalt.dds gets a prefix with your personal player ID number.
    example: 123456_Hondalt.dds and your buddy 654321_Hondalt.dds.

The mix up could be created if you have swapped Player.json: ==> So you'll have the same player ID number.
    The mix up could be created if you copy some one else his settings folder with the alt.dds skins.
    The mix up could be created by mixed up settings folder: A bad league Honda repack.

Anyway: I think your install is a bit screwed up some how.

I would:
    - uninstall all content (don't unstall the Clio_PC, TMtires, UI, Commentator,... that comes with a lite install)
    - Safe all your setup files into 1 "setup" folder.
    - after that empty your settings folder and put your "setup" folder back

- and remove the player.json (the game will create a new one)

Or

Do a new lite install in a new rfactor2bis folder. Copy across the minimum what you need.

Not everything will be fixed. But it could resolve some issues.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Birddogg66:
    I would say you have two choices:
    If you have a problem, do a new thread about it, describe the problem carefully and look if we can solve it.
    If not, stop spamming and just leave this thread!
    Everything else is just annoying spamming/trolling!

5. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

With your post your as off topic and annoying as I am! Think about it?

Plus it just urges a reply and keeps the OT stuff going!

6. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

i forgot one more issue,

i did a multiplayer race,
    and one of the others car pitlanes skin was not showed but a default office skin instead.
    i looked at some replayes of these races i was in,
    i had my custom yuasa livery i all the races,but in the offline replay i watched i had the office skin.
    in a race he had the office skin instead of the pitlanes skin.
    and in the replay the guy with pitlanes livery had the same office skin

7. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

:D

I had the same "bug" today!!!

Uninstall all Vmods... And install the content again that is uninstalled as well.

Now watch your replay again.

I had my AM FIA GT3 Z4 skin half painted on a ferrari.:confused:

Because i had a skin assigned to a car that wasn't in the Vmod.
    (Bug "not all cars in the Vmod" is still in Build 930. Only with a custom rfm file and icon's
    For some reason it chooses an other car, if the car isn't available any more.