Question about Skins with multiple .dds files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abdielja, Feb 3, 2015.

1. abdielja

abdielja Registered

I'm trying to create a new skin for the latest Clio. The .psd files provided in the download page are:

rF2_clio_2014_PublicTemplate.psd
    RenaultClioCup_WINDOW.psd
    RenaultClioCup_EXTRA0.psd

From that, I created .dds files as instructed in another post.

alt01.dds
    alt01_WINDOW.dds
    alt01_EXTRA0.dds

and packaged them in a .mas file named alt01.mas, again, as instructed.

Changes to alt01.dds work fine. But no matter what I do, I can't get rid of the default name and number on the _WINDOW file.

Is there something missing ?

Thanks in advance.

2. coops

coops Banned

Would like to know the answer.

3. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

take a look at the alpha channel in the window template it seemed to me that there is also the number and name on the windows somehow. But its a long time ago since i played around with the clio templates.

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I made a few skins for the Clio, and if you don't use _, then it works..... so 'alt01window.dds' and 'alt01extra0.dds'

At least, I believe it was that, 99% sure it was, but haven't looked at it for some time

5. Hectari

Hectari Registered

My Clio .mas shows all 3 just fine in the spinner. The only thing different that I have from you is that I remove the _ from the other files, it's not needed. Not sure if that's the problem, if that doesn't fix it you can send me your .mas and I'll take a look as I can't see anything else it could be, all seems good.

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

You can also first try it without putting it in a .mas since it works fine without putting it in it (I haven't put my skins in a .mas ever, and have had both wheels and windows working properly).

then you know if the problem (as I expect it is) is with the _ in the filename, or with the .mas file creation ;)

7. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Yeah .mas is for if you want it to transfer all files online, but just now there's a bug that doesn't show .mas skins in replays if you received them online.

8. abdielja

abdielja Registered

You were right it was the _. I removed it and is working.

Thanks to you and to everyone else for your help.

9. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

We´re having 3 rf2 champs at the moment. Our drivers are all using mas files and all good both in broadcasting and replays.

10. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Were they all shared by transfer on the server? Maybe a case of some work, some don't, but none have been showing for me that I've received online. Wonder what causes the difference and if it'll be fixed in the next build. Nice to know that some are working though.

Btw it's only in replays they aren't showing, when on the server all show fine for me and everyone else as far as I know.

11. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Had a look at how the transferred .mas files are named and the unique identifiers added all contain the _ character, maybe this is the culprit stopping them from showing in replays. Just an idea.

12. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Yes, all shared on our server.
    Maybe some 3rd party mods? Maybe some server configuration?

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

It's with ISI's latest Clio update.

Beats me!

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This bug has been fixed as far as I know. If you find otherwise report back here.

15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I'm still getting this bug. Could it be that I have to delete any .mas skins that I downloaded before the bug was fixed? I've got a league race in the Clio on Friday, I'll delete all my skins for it to see if it makes a difference.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That's a good question. It's worth a shot. But it will suck when everyone joins for the race and has to sync every single skin. Maybe you can suggest everyone joins the server at least once and waits for the skin xfer before exiting.

17. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I was going to test it only with my files and not get anyone else to do it, there aren't too many .mas anyway and even noticed someone revert to using only a .dds because of this. Also drivers join at some point before or during the official practice so they're well spread out. I'll post back here to let you know if it works.

18. Hectari

Hectari Registered

So I deleted all Clio skins from 'ISI_Renault_ClioCup_2010' folder and downloaded them all on the server tonight. Transferred .mas files still don't show in replays, only the loose .dds files are showing. They all appear fine on the server though, just a replay bug.

Again all the transferred skins have unique identifiers added including _ So if they're anything like the other files that don't work that have _ in them then it makes me think it's the problem, but the people who have them working in replays probably have them named like that too.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

At least you can see custom skins :)