Why there are so few mods for rFactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Santos, Feb 2, 2015.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I think it refers to what was actually mentioned in the comment ;)

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah, I never said anything about DX11.

3. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

It's been a while since I've posted but I do like to say stuff cos this is how I feel about the subject.

I think there are a lot of valid comments Durge Driven, MarcG to name a couple that I fully agree with. AC is full of rips, not sure if there is anything that was scratch built is there? I must admit from my point of view when there are so many rips around you do lose incentive to do anything. I've been moaning about that for quite some time. There appears to be relatively no ethics in the community and that's not what the community was about. Why would you bother competing with a converted commercial game that has been converted in a very short time. It's not the competition but the fact that everyone has accepted the rip as a mod and condones it. I feel that the other problem is - a modder spends a lot of time creating a mod from scratch in rF1, then its done. People here won't accept a modified update but want a high quality made from scratch mod from the same modders, who has the time for that. If it wasn't released for rF1 most people wouldn't know. It is hard to spend a passion of time on a mod, only to have to recreate it for a new game. That's not easy. This is upto the new wave of young modders, but it is hard to get the youngsters to commit to the hobby because it is a hobby. They are time poor as well these days with all the pressures of youth. I recall a time when I worked with a great bunch of guys from the USPits and I mustn't forget my good mate Freew67, my modding buddies at FVR who I met only through the evolution of the modding world. They are friends who I am proud to say I have had a modding relationship with. The hobby to me is not the same and its not about the game and enjoying it anymore, it's about the recognition of who can do something first. I do it because I do enjoy it although time pressures, work pressures and motivation, if I don't release it - it doesn't bother me because I enjoy creating it. If it isn't up to someones standard and worthy of a download I really don't care either because I did it for ME. Everyone who gives it a go and releases should be commended and it should be allowed - don't bitch and moan that you shouldn't have to download a mod if its poor. Don't say its got to be of this ridiculously high standard, if its scratch built it should be accepted. If it takes your interest download it, if its no good, go and do better. It can be uninstalled and it won't kill you. Don't abuse the person if they have given it a go for crying out loud. He could be the future of modding but needs the motivation if you can't do it but you've just crucified him and he's given up. Hey if the teachers in our world did that then there would be a lot of quitters. I've seen a site recently that did it to two different modders. They both accepted graciously and stopped production. Fair enough. Why would you bother doing anything if peeps were so ungrateful.

To the game - RF2 is an evolving beast. I personally like that but I find that the documentation has been poor but got me by. If you knew how to mod in rF1 even easier. Yes it was great at the beginning but things changed and the documents didn't. Tim W commented the questions have all been answered. There is nothing more frustrating than having to search for something that might not exist. It's the simple things that don't seem to get answered. It is all well and good that it has been answered at some time in the last 3 years, congrats to peopel like Tuttle who do get involved and answer things. I personally though have not given up on rF2 by a long shot. AC has its moments as well and if we create mods in rF2 why can't we as the mod creator put the same mod in AC, rFactor 1, Race07, GTR2 after all the hard work is done. I would like to see some of the functions we have waited for improved but some of the other bits and pieces are great. rF2 is my choice mod platform. I have dabbled in AC of late and almost got sucked in but rF2 is my choice, followed closely by rF1.

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Doh I just read page 5 of this thread and see there is a new tutorial. So I take that back about poor documentation, it is getting better.

5. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

I mean that the step we continue to see "rfactor 2" as "Mario brosss of nes !!!":mad:

every day less people than you rfactor 2:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Wat????

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

+1000?

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha. Yeah... that went right over my head too.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I know it's still early 2015, but I'm thinking post of the year. ;)

10. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

It looks just........... jajajajajaja;):cool:

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I can see just by looking at that video that the physics are completely flawed. When he jumps he sort of hangs in the air longer than when I jump in real life. Perhaps this level is located on the moon. But I don't care about the details... It's just wrong because I say it is and my knowledge of jumping should be respected because... well, I say so. :)

12. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

I use and I will continue using a rF2 for their extraordinary physical, not compare it with AC, just wondered if a future far nomuy we will see rF2 with DX11 rF2?? or DX12,DX13? jajaja.....:cool:;) So please answer me

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I would if I could... but I have no clue.

14. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

because nothing will continue with physical rfactor 2 .... and graphics mario bross :cool:....thanks for answer;)

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Well I have a friend, an experienced jumper (well sort of, he has only jumped once irl) and he says that these jump physics are absolutely spot-on.
    He attended a jump-day (where you get to try jumping in a room with low ceilings, smashing your skull in the process, coins flying everywhere), and he says that his hangtime was pretty much the same as Mario's.

Seeing how I have absolutely no backbone, or technical knowledge, or intention to prove anything, I'll just take his word for it, and make it my life's mission to stand up for the jump physics in that game.
    Oh, and all other games have bad sim-cade jump physics... -because I say so. ;)

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Project CARS DX9 vs DX11

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Your crystal ball works better than mine I guess.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I love jump-day... I go every year.. you need to respect my knowledge as a jumper. If not, you are not my friend. Hahahaha. Okay... enough fun. I guess we should get back on topic.

19. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Not the first reference to mario bross. *chortles*
    Are you sure you are in the right forum, o "unvalidated" one? ;)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

I can't be bothered with debating it any more mate.

These AC types, tell you " Oh rF2 has as many rips as AC" ....... how is that even remotely possible ???

They don't care what is thieved or ripped, prettier the looking car the less they care.

I mean seriously then they got the audacity to tell me " to get a life "

lmao

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015