A few questions about devmode.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

Lately I work in devmode because that's easier than making a new rfcmp 40 times a night ;) (yes, I did that......)

Anyway, tonight I spend 3 hours wondering what the hell was wrong with my hdv or chassis file; the rear tires of the Zonda were heating up different, even when I smoked them:

left,
    in 340
    mid 280
    out 90

right,
    in 90
    mid 280
    out 340

Well, don't know the exact values anymore, but the point is; in- and out left and right are the other way around.
    I couldn't find the problem and thought I'd try another car and another track; same problem!

So, is this a known problem or should I look further?

The other thing; there is an option called "component manager" and when I click on it, it gives me 3 pictures.
    The middle one (locations) is in color and the other two are not. The right one says "car". When I click on it, I can download a component and when I do, the system hangs.

So; what is it? Does it do something that makes modding even easier? How do I get it to work? And so on ;)

Thanks in advance!

2. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

You have to specificate if they smoke on an heavy break in a straighrt or simply you loose you rear axle in a middle of a corner...

I could say from your values that you are spinning hard in a left corner.... if it is so, values are almost right....

But i Thing that Pagani Zonda has something like a 355/30 r20 and in tyre templates therei is no way to have such a tyre..... (TGM file, I intend)

You can use some of the 31-71-18 but they are too narrow and this is the way because you spin around....

At least try to "cheat" the file and modify one of this file:

M 31-71-18 S7H 2011.tgm
    M 31-71-18 S8H 2012.tgm

...in this way:

search inside the file this line:

SizeMultiplier=(1,1)

and modifidy in this way:

SizeMultiplier=(1.14516,1) // Width, Radius - (31mm x 1.14156 = 355mm)

Radius is already right, in fact you could see the tyre perfectly loan on terrain.....

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, looks like they're reversed. I never look at those numbers so hadn't noticed.

For plugins the documentation is very clear that the tyre temps are all ordered left-centre-right (not outside-middle-inside) so it's easy to get them wrong, but didn't expect the built in GUI to have them wrong. Wonder if the gizmos are misplaced or the actual data is being fed the wrong way around?

4. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

>>>>Anyway, tonight I spend 3 hours wondering what the hell was wrong with my hdv or chassis file; the rear tires of the Zonda were heating up different, even when I smoked them:

I guess (and i hope) it is just a mistake on the screen display, which shows temperatures on the wrong place. It would be great to see this bug fixed.

>>> there is an option called "component manager" [...] Does it do something that makes modding even easier?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Don't hold your breath its been this way from the very start.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for your input guys, so I can let that one go, not have to look for a problem in my car.

@ Marco Boy, I wasn't making a corner......it happens all the time, whatever I do.
    I do have such tires though; ISI gave us some example tires and I took one closest to the size I needed.
    It had to go to 335/30/20 and there is a guy who made a nice tool to make it easier to recalculate all the values in the tgm file:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23510-Tire-size-(node-in-tgm)-calculator-with-visual ;)

@ Raintyre, I absolutely miswrote that one!! :)
    "Even easier".......hahah! Supposedly I think that modding is easy......well, no.....understanding woman is easy in comparison, this is hard!

7. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I don't understand; did I do something to piss you off? Is that it?
    I can't certify my sheet off course; it's just a tool and works for me. I also will not share any tools anymore to prevent this from happening; sorry to have spend time to bother the community with sheets I force on them.

9. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

Absolutely NOT....

Simply I didn't notice that you have make a sheet so that my first reply was a no-sense reply because you have the right tyres for your car....

And because of I don't like to reply PROBABLY, SHOULD BE, TRY, HOPE... and I am SURE that you sheet works as weel ... at this.. point...

I really don't know what could be to cause the problem....

I used upper case only to evidence that really... I don't know and I don't want 'suppose' anything you have surely already tried or analized...

I think I must learn to use the emoticons to not be misunderstanding.. (and no, English is not my mother tongue.....)

:) :) :) :) :)

Cheers....
    Marco

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ow well, it's a pretty sad day when a guy works for a week every evening to make something, dress it up nice so others can use it and shares it........and than someone "wants to be sure he gets it certified".........emoticons or not!

What the hell was I thinking?!! I had my calculations in one hour; I spend over 30 hours to make it right for sharing.
    Now I'm working on an update for it so you can do even more. I stopped; why should I?? When these are replies you get?

Stuff it; emoticons, native language or not; tell me how to improve or don't use it, but don't, just don't ask me to get my hard work certified!

I'm done here; I will do nothing more for this community!

I delete the program right now, so you don't HAVE to use it.

11. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

NO NO NO.... please.... I don't wont say that your software (and your work) was not really appreciate, ....now how can I explain myself???????

I want say only that my first reply was absolutely unuseful because you have the right tyres in the right car well made by yourself......

I trust your work and properly because of that I have no explanation to your problem..... like to 90% of the strange problems caused by the complete unknoledge of parts of the game

I knew that thing about size and it 'almost' worked fine for me and i'd like to help you, but becase of the problem aren't the size of the tyre simply I can't help you...

Porbabily you understand something like: "because you sheet is surely not good you will not obtain right results in game", but, repeat, this didn't my intention...ok?

Simply a misunderstanding probably caused by my not ecellent use of the english and the poor use of smiles in the right moment....

Hope you now understand my really intention....

12. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

.....and sorry, but what you intend for 'certify'???????

I only intended that you are sure that you can affirm (and you do this from the first reply to me) hat it produces a good kind of tyres.. isn't it?

I have no doubt about this....

Now we discover that you don't trust your work yourself and retire it? Retire it only for me???????? (I have download it yesterday.. too late.. but if you prefer i deleted it...)

Damn it's so hard to understand that i was only judging my fisrt UNUSEFUL reply because I discover later that you have a self-made tool to draw the right tyre for any vehicle???

By the way I closed here.... I think I've ask sorry too many time in a thread, and all of these was ever disregard....

Goodbye
    Marco

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hmm, making it even worse. Don't make up stuff; I trust it fully; I tested it a lot and released it; don't do that if any doubts.

About the "sorry"........you don't have to say that (on the other hand, you didn't.......you only say you did "so many times") but don't make it worse by saying NOW my sheet is crap.
    That last post......could have gone without and it could be okay.

But I'm done too; farewell.

14. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Marco Boy, maybe you should not write in an English-speaking forum with such a horrible English.