Will ISI look to update plugins for x64 3Ds Max versions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Radar, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

I recently looked at 2015 x64 trial and thought maybe it's time to upgrade from 2010, however 2015 version for students seems to only be in x64..

The question I have for ISI is, now with the x64 .exe files, will we also start to see x64 plugins for other versions of 3Ds Max in particular the latest 2015 version of 3Ds Max?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  2. websta

websta Registered

I am currently stuck with 3ds max 2016 and no working plugins

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I get plenty of crashes in max '11 x32 with Longford (which has plenty of materials and meshes), especially when showing textures in the viewport.
    I do plenty of work with isolation and layers, and in wireframe, which really helps avoid crashes, but sometimes it just crashes.

If I need to do some heavy duty vert maneuvers or do some batch UVW work across maybe 20-30 meshes at once then I load it up into x64, then save and go back to x32. The thing is, you can't export, or doing anything with materials or textures during that time.

As a result of the crashes I run autoback at 7mins and it takes a little while to save them which really ruins the workflow. It's so much quicker in x64!

I would be SO happy to get x64 plugins. It's so fast! Modding takes ages. I want fast! :p

Not to sound too gloomy, but if the devs don't make plugs for the newer releases of max ISI might run out of new modders since potential new modders won't be able to legitimately buy the old versions, or even back-versions on autodesk subscriptions (if they still do those?).

4. websta

websta Registered

Subscription users can run the last three versions, 2016, 2015 and 2014. I have no ssd room left for running more than one version.

5. Radar

Radar Registered

So much faster indeed.. That's what worries me with the newer versions, it's only x64. I'm using 2012 student edition at the moment and I don't get the crashes I was getting in 2010. I skipped 2011 as I heard it was worse than 2010 so I saw no point in downloading this from Autodesk.. Hopefully we will see x64 sometime in the near future as tracks like yours can be worked on much quicker and less likely to crash.

6. djbob

djbob Registered

I REALLY want to build a track. I believe I can create a really high quality track that would really add something to RF2, using my last 10 years experience as a 3D artist.

Apart from the really large amount of effort just to find really small snippets and hints of information of how to actually get a track from Max into in Rfactor2, which must stop so many potential modders before they are even started - I also don't have Max 2012 (or earlier) - I only have access to Max 2014, 15 and 16. You literally cannot get Max 2012 anywhere legally.

So, I can't build the track (without pirating, which I won't risk due to my day job)?

Why is everything to do with Rfactor2 so half baked (apart from physics)!? Come on ISI, help us help to you. I am sure I am not the only one here who would like to help keep RF2 alive in this more competitive than ever industry, it has so much potential but why does it have to be this difficult!?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015