Skip Barber Formula 2000 v1.54 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

So how does this launcher thing work with downloadable content?
    I had the old 1.46 installed trough mod manager but it wasnt visible in the launcher. I installed the 1.54 version trough the launcher but now that isn't visible in the mod manager so now I can't uninstall it apart from going in the RF2 folder and manually deleting it?

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks Tim. I looked trough the Release notes and there's no changes noted on physics/chassis between 770 and 910...

Wouldn't it make sense to use the "minimum version" control for releasing mods?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's worked fine for me before (other mods/tracks), seems to be a bug or something with this release as I/others had issues. For now simply manually uninstall/delete the old version and manually install the new version....takes all of 1minute - job done!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Regional is very nice. Don't see much difference but only did a very short race at Neva Ring. Haven't tried National yet.

@Tim Wheatley, I went straight to race after installing this after uninstalling previous version first. Looked and felt like Regional version. AI was way faster than me and also I noticed that my car was reported as National in results .xml file. Went back into rF2 and Tuning and confirmed selected vehicle was Regional so appears to be a bug either in how the car class is setup and/or how the car class is reflected in results .xml file.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Note that old skippy is listed in category "Multi Cmp", new one is under "Vehicle". It's a bit confusing because ISI got rid of the Multi Cmp packaging for vehicles last year.

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Yes I managed to uninstall the old version trough mod manager no problem but it's more for future reference in case this version gets an update aswell. It doesn't appear anywhere in the mod manager and the launcher part where you can download it just has a little check sign but no button to eventually be able to uninstall it.

7. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

The 'hits' keep coming.
    Now mod manager is showing tracks I've already installed and run before, as not installed.
    If I click install, it re-downloads them entirely...instead of using the exact track I already have in the Packages directory.
    It also won't let me do anything else while the interface is up on screen.
    It's getting close to break time... for a while at least.

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

CONFIRMED

with me both classes are shown as national (in the UI during sessions), and no matter what you select as your class, the AI will be national by default (you can change that off course, but it is something you are going to forget from time to time which can be annoying).

After a few tries on Mountain Peak road course I can conclude that I either greatly improved my driving, or the car is 'easier'. (maybe the physics are easier, maybe the ffb is better so it is easier to feel what is going on, maybe both). I still had some moments though, and have been facing the wrong way a couple of times, and I totalled a car on the Road Course - entry (damn wall :p ). And I must say, that I liked the experience.

Then I went to the oval (the big one), and it is great, even with AI. The cars are pretty slow, so the track itself isn't too hard. However, the RPM are perfect for some slipstreaming, the AI are great at going side-by-side, and even three wide, whilst leaving little, but enough space no matter if you are inside, or outside. Oh, and I had a "big one" when one of the AI slowed a little coming off turn 2, and I tapped him :D Carnage all around.

So far, I love this car!!! going to play some more now :)

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

For me the car definitely feels 'easier' to drive. But not the kind of easy that the flamers are thinking of. It's simply easier because the physics and ffb are now much more communicative and accurate. The more information you get, the more you'll feel in control. Sweet stuff.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The car hasn't changed that much IMO, it still has to be driven the same way as it did before. The steering model makes it much more difficult to over correct which is the most noticeable change.

11. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

what a nice first race with the new skippy!!
    thanks @hexagramme (cu @sao paulo) :)

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Haha yeah, I sure had my behind handed to me. ;)
    You were crazy fast in that Skip. Good stuff indeed. :cool:

13. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Ok so why confuse things by having "Garage Notes" in Imperial Measurement and have Garage setups in Metric? For example Tire Pressure is in kPa yet Spring Rate is in lb/in why???
    Why can not you use 1 form of measurement and stick with it.

SS

14. bwana

bwana Registered

I thought I had same issue but needed to scroll down the list to find the older version , wasn't in same position as with other ISI cars .

15. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

How can you change that the AI are regional?

16. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

+++

17. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

where you setup the race (session duration, weather, number of AI etc.). With the standard UI you can select the allowed opponents on the lower-right. There you unclick 'Skip Barber National' (or something, don't know the exact name, I am at work now ;) )and you tick 'Skip Barber Regional' which is right above/under it.

18. elbo

elbo Registered

cool, they finally fixed that shinny helmet!

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1, although I expect that there is much greater or lesser change in the steering feel depending on hardware (which FFB wheel).

And please fix the regional/national thing so it automatically matches whichever car you choose (and have two classes in List View if necessary to avoid UI annoyances). Bad memories of the regional/national tire graphics glitches on the original Skippy. Hope this doesn't take as many months to address, though.

Side note: please apply this new steering approach to the F2!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank for your continuing efforts, it looks good and the steering feels better, but what config is set on standard track day in practice mode for track rubber, conditions etc. on M.Peak and the skippy national with standard setup up, it tends to rotate to strong around the front end in cold phase as if the front has greater adhesion in cold. It feels still out of balance about the rotation center in this scenario, don't know why, even when the car tends to rotate to much around the front axle in general, as always since the first day i drove it. Do this cars or should they really behave like that ? Is the track day and standard setup really opposed to leave such a driving exeprience on one whom first run it is with a driving scool car ? I don't know but it would discourage me if i wouldn't know better imho. ;)