EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 rFactor 2 Issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Voltaic, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello

I hope someone can enlighten me. I am new to NVIDIA cards, I desperately needed an upgrade. I have a single card running 3 Acer 23" monitors in Stereovision, from the card's 3 Display Ports I have active adapters going to the DVIs on the monitors.

The card seems to work just fine with all other games/SIMs, however when I run rFactor 2 (v910), the first time everything is OK. If I quit and restart, the 2 side monitors flicker but eventually come back. If I quit again and restart, the 2 side monitors flicker again, come back but often if on track I suddenly find myself on the desktop and rF2 running on the background and my mouse/keyboard are unresponsive, my T500RS light flickers on and off. It's as if I lose USB power or signal. I have to force restart the PC.

I am not sure of how to go about diagnosing this problem. If I run stress tests or benchmarks, the video card appears to run like a champ. I have tested Assetto Corsa, pCARS and R3E with full settings and without issues. This problem seems to affect rF2, or rF2 affects the card. I'm not sure. When I test rF2 the first time I launch it, the card performs beautifully, 120-140 FPS with video settings maxed out and other cars on track.

I did try a fresh rF2 install after installing the card, the issue persists. Anyone have any idea of what is causing this issue?

Thank you!

2. Phaze1

Phaze1 Registered

I'm having pretty much the same issues since I downloaded and installed the latest NIVIDA drivers. Can anyone please help?