To Tim & ISI, Modders, Players, Everyone!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The third-party circuit-mod "Longford 1967 (Australia)" (http://isiforums.net/f/downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=35) has a combined total of over 1400 hits from it's two download links in the "Third Party Mods" section (TPM link above, or click here --> http://isiforums.net/f/downloads.php). People are clearly interested in using this section. We need more modders to use it (and update it with new mod-versions) accordingly, and we also need ISI to support it more (website & functionality improvements, speed up how long it takes for mods to get authorized and posted, mention/market it way more, encourage modders and players to use it, etc.). People are clearly using this system even in it's current form, let alone once it becomes improved and once more modders use it on a regular basis.

I don't mean to be annoying, but I really think the Third Party Mods section here has a ton of potential in order to benefit rFactor 2 and ISI, modders, and players. The TPM section needs to be further supported and encouraged!

P.S. When you go to the TPM section's main page, click the search bar but don't type anything in it (leave it blank) - this way you'll get a list of the most recent mods in chronological order regardless of category (instead of choosing the era, track/car, etc.). Also, when you get to the search results page, ignore the number of downloads listed, that pretty much shows 0 for everything and is inaccurate.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I agree it is a great idea, all we do sim after sim is make 100 alternate places to get downloads, it is bandwidth stupidness.

However, why not just enhance the Launcher to do all this. :confused: :D

3. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I agree too.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The download section is extremely important, no doubt about it. I've seen many people on various blogs and sim racing sites asking where to go to be able to download mods. It is extremely important to know where to find content.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

ISI cannot associate mods directly with their product due to licensing and legal issues, same reason why mods cannot be hosted on rfactor.net.

6. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Well that put that to bed, anyone fancy a brew?

7. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

Ageed, would be a good system if supported more. For what it's worth I just submitted my work and it's under review now.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It says the section isn't managed by ISI yet they have to approve mods before being posted, I don't get it.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

nogripracing.com and racedepartment.com and excellent places to start, especially in the absence of rfactorcentral. Certainly there are a few more, it's just a matter of spreading them. One thing I do in my videos is provide link to contents, not just the download but the page associated with it.

10. Matt A

Matt A Registered

How long ago did you submit if you dont mind me asking?

Oh and thanks for creating for RF2, whatever it is :)

11. Matt A

Matt A Registered

This is a great idea, it should be THE place people go to find new downloads :)

12. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

Just before I posted here. When I checked again next morning it was there already so it didn't take much time.