What is RIGHT with ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

What I like about ISI, and in particular the rF2 product???

Well, pretty much all of the above, not even to mention the fact that it didn't cost me a fortune!!!!! Not even close, in fact :D

The way the cars feel is just awesome. I haven't any real life experience, other then go-karting (which in rF2 is done amazingly good, it reacts just like the real thing), but the cars feel so believable for me.

And then you go head to head against the AI, and you really have to race them (online as well off course, but that is the same everywhere). It takes some time to predict what the AI will do, and you don't even allways get it right. Some AI defend hard, some less hard, so when approaching a car in front, you can never be 100% sure what they will do. And even if you do know, you can't just divebomb past, because besides taking care of the car in general, you also have to look after your tyres, and not creating flatspots. Man, do I love it (most recently I'm having tons of fun with the Clio on various tracks => Sao Paulo, Lime Rock, Silverstone, Mills).

Then add the fact that the track is never 100% the same. Grip levels change, dynamicly I may add, so that depending on the lines of the drivers not a single time the track will be completly equal. And that isn't even mentioning the rain, with also a dynamic drying line, which I have never seen before in a sim (have seen it with go-karting, and it is great how that affects the driving, both in real life and in sim :D ).

And there must be lots of things I'm forgetting at the moment, as to why I love rF2. And for ISI one thing I'ld like to mention, that I also really like their attitude, in general, and to us users!!! And I like the fact that they have really involved the community sometimes. Real users have been placed as spectators on some tracks, Skip Barber AI has been given community names, and the Howstons have community-created liveries (+ creator names). Nice little extra :)

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

They understand what's needed for league racing and they nailed the online code part of the game. Nailed it. They also do wonderful tracks.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

I like that ISI don't blow smoke up there own arse...and generally close these kind of threads :cool:

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

DD you are so right. Some people can just be soooo negative:rolleyes:

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

What I love:

-- FFB, just "wow"
    -- rF2 is a Total Racing Immersion System(tm) with all its features
    -- Continuing commitment by ISI to keep pushing further
    -- Variety of cars / tracks
    -- Intelligence and contribution of the rF2 online community

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

One thing I like about ISI is that they don't want to satisfy uneducated people, but simply do things the way they're meant to be in real simulation.

What do I mean by that?
    How many people said that FFB in Honda Civic is wrong? Many other game developers would make different FFB for Honda, just to avoid flood of negative opinions among customers who never heard about steering torque. Instead of aiming at giving people what they thin is realistic, ISI gives us something that works the way it's suppose to, despite what we think of it.

I often find myself surprized and go searching over the net for answers. I've found the answers for Honda FFB. Still searching for answer to behavior of Formula Two FFB, but one day I may learn something new.
    I guess I'm open minded, that's why rF2 suits me. When I encounter something I wouldn't expect, I go looking for answers and start learning something new, while many other people just assume it's wrong (since it's not what they expected) - as if they had all the knowledge in their brains already.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

What is right with ISI ? Yesterday I was a bit bored, I then screwed my wheel to the desk, fired RF2, and made a 20 lap race with FR3.5 at Silverstone. Qualified 5°, finished 23° of 24. It has been awesome! Made errors, spinned few times, fought tire by tire with a determined IA, oversteers, smoking tires. I had a blast, everything has been amazing.
    This.
    And when I will be able to win that race without making silly mistakes, it will be even better!

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The Brabham BT20 alone is worth the price I paid for the sim.
    I have pure driving joys with this car, I enjoy how it reacts to any tuning of it's suspension.
    A pleasure to drive and race.

9. Gugus

Gugus Registered

I love the fact that every session - excluding race ones - starts from the paddocks, and that I have to proceed to a full lap before having timed lapses.
    I love the fact that when escaping from a race, you escaped from the race. You didn’t want to abandon race ? You should’nt have escaped. :)
    I love the fact that I’ve got to take care of my car as it was real, if I want to continue racing.

And I love everything that has been said through comments in this thread, too ;)

+ the sounds,
    + the sounds of other cars during the start of the race
    + the physics
    + omg the physics
    + the dynamic weather, the real road, the physics, the AI....
    + the brabham and « howstons ». Hell yes. Just thinking about these cars makes me happy... :)

I’ve bought dozen of sim racing titles... But seriously, I only get fun with rF2.

The only thing I hate with rF2, is that I don’t like any other simracing game anymore by comparison...
    So I can no more play any other simracing without being angry :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If that is for me I meant they don't have a single good thing to say in this thread by their absence.

Do you want me to start naming them ?

lol ;)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Good post. :)

The part in bold: I know what you mean. Not that I often get angry at the other sims anymore (I used to, most of the time, holding them to an impossibly high standard), but they just feel so empty and game-like in comparison (sorry D! Know we're not supposed to compare and bring others sims into it in this thread ;)). Not flaming or anything, not rF2 fanboy'ing; this is actually how I feel.

That is actually sometimes quite depressing to me, that I'm not really able to find the same joy in other sims.
    I'd love if I had, like, 4 or 5 sims that were able to deliver in regards to racing enjoyment.

But my standard is just set impossibly high, which is also the case when it comes to which movies and which music I'm able to enjoy.
    Sometimes it makes me feel quite picky and cynical. But then again who cares lol. You enjoy what you enjoy, and to hell with the rest, right? ;)

12. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Everything.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't know if I would go that far. :)

Better thread topic would have been .......

What is it about rF2 that really grabs you. ?

I am interested you know.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Nah that is not comparing mate ;) if you feel rF2 is the only thing worth devoting time driving that is fine.

The 4 or 5 sims you talk about for me would be separate builds of rF3 that were locked for one series. :p
    Each would have ui and garage fine tuned and tracks packs relevant to series.
    I may be wrong but I think a engine based around a single series could be tweaked better, chassis, tyre, physics, terrain, etc.
    Then you could eventually buy F1, DTM, GT, Historic, Hatches, whatever you liked.

15. gkz

gkz Registered

- I have to credit ISI that they really stepped up their game in the past months (updates and progression of the sim). Thank you for that!
    - Dynamics are unmatched.
    - When I drive the 370z and compare it with onboard videos I can't believe how alike those are.
    - rF2 is so accurate with inputs. the only sim that can fully utilize high end wheels and pedals.

I admit I criticized ISi a lot in the past and have to give credit where it's due.
    I know I shouldn't but I have to: all other "sims" can suck it ;P

16. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

I love it how Eau Rouge in the Howston still scares me.

17. Comante

Comante Registered

must try it then.

18. matf1

matf1 Registered

FTFY oh lordy lord do I love it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick thing - this thread is about ISI, they've made a bunch of games beyond rF2 but a lot of comments are solely rF2-related, thus being mildly OT.

[/jerk]

:p

20. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

They forgive us and point how to upgrade my account to lifetime