What is RIGHT with ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Jan 16, 2015.

1. matf1

matf1 Registered

Lol I move around too, just like I did when karting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

2. coops

coops Banned

Its moving in all the right directions with its features to set the benchmark in sim racing.
    IMMERSION

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Me too, a lot in fact. :)

4. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I haven't read any posts in this thread yet. I wish as a community we focus more on the positives, with that said I'll list what I've experienced: Great customer service! Anytime I've emailed or pm'ed I've had my questions or concerns handled completely. I've always walked away impressed.

What is right with rf2?
    Things are being analyzed, improvements are being made from rf1.

5. fullsus

fullsus Registered

When I have G27 These story begin:

1) Start with arcade then go to another sim 2 years.
    2) search the best sim found rF2 demo.
    3) First try with C6.R demo Oh my god. I can't drive with my experience 2 years in another sim.
    4) After 1 week buy lifetime rF2.
    5) Stick with C6.R 1 month to keep this car on the track.
    6) View Skip baber going faster VDO --> Stick with skip2000.
    7) Skip2000 need more accurate input than C6.R . I love it!! Stick with skip 2 month
    8) Try Historic car BT20 and other .Oh very fun to drive.

9) GT car in rF2 :

"The gtr has one big issue which is tire wear. When I was at Silverstone for gt academy I asked the mechanics about the gtr, they said that the tires where gone in half a day of driving. Dont forget that nobody besides the instructor's could push the car to it's limit. Other cars could go on for much longer on the same tires.
    ",

"Rfactor 2 has the best gt cars imo while ac has the best roadcars.",

"gtr, corvette, 370z, clio and megane. lets put it like this; race cars in rf2 feel more real than in ac. default setup is not great in these cars... " Said by Guy from Nissan GT academy. Dream come true I 'm closet to GT car that I have never been before with rF2.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So there is nothing YOU specifically like about rFactor2. :rolleyes:

What are you doing here if you don't know. ?

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Where did you find these quotes?

8. fullsus

fullsus Registered

9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I want to add.

Immersion.
    Its the sum of many small but critical parts.
    Tyre management, real road, temp management, setup, real weather plugins.
    The list goes on. Its not a game its an art you have to work on to master and in doing so takes you on such an amazing journey.
    When you start to get a little faster is is just so rewarding.

Immersion:
    I had done 300 laps working on race setup for a 6 hour race. One of my team mates had some inputs and we talked about it. He wanted some changes that I felt would hurt the tyres at one end of the car. So we both did a 40 lap stint and overlayed / compared the motec data. Best lap times were the same but temps were 7 deg hotter at one end as suspected and as the tyres at that end "went off" lap time eroded. Wear was 78% gone, vs 64%. Lap time delta across the stint was 2.6 sec vs .8 sec.
    Job done decision made.

Immersion:

Its quali setup time.
    I got on the server to do low fuel runs with a Q setup. (faster but big committment and harder on tyres)
    61 laps later and A,B,C,D versions tested we have .5 off Quali PB (1.7 sec faster than race pace).
    But the session was lightly populated so Real Road can give some more yet. No pressing a button to get a perfect track, Ill have to come back. I guess on qualifying day there will be more rubber. Will that impact setup limits?

Every session is different, every objective achieved in a different way.
    400 laps now and I am 1.2 sec off the fastest guy I know of (in this class of car).

Yesterday I was at Mid Ohio so totally focussed on getting a Quali setup.

So I guess for me its
    Challenge, Authenticity/Credibility and Immersion.

10. David O'Reilly

He is an Alien that Aliens look up to.
    A nominee for RD Sprint racer of the year.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sounds like to me he's saying the default setups of the RF2 cars aren't great, but once worked on will shine, and that overall RF2's cars are/feel much more real than AC but you just need to adjust the setup.

12. David O'Reilly

Thats also how I read it.

I dont expect great default setups and I would never judge a sim by them.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I hope this thread doesn't turn into another sim-VS-sim battle so I'm going to continue with the subject of the OP...

I love the feeling of everything being alive in rFactor 2. Not even just big things like RealRoad, but even the full 24hr days, geographical location of the tracks making a difference. time of the year making a difference, having "real" clouds instead of a picture that slides across the sky, etc. I hope the entire "RealWorld" system becomes even more dynamic and alive (I wish "RealWorld" physics could take priority directly behind car physics, but instead, it probably falls behind a bunch of other stuff like overall graphics, multiplayer system, U.I., etc.).

14. tjc

tjc Registered

For me, rf2 quite simply has it all...

It`s an evolving process so some of those things will improve and some need to improve but they will.

I`ve never driven anything like rf2 for feel, ffb, physics, AI, immersion etc etc etc... simply awesome!

Nothing has made my hands sweat on the wheel like rf2 does and the racing makes the heart rate increase. As I`ve said, nothing else has ever done that. Gpl was/is a great drive but it doesn`t come close to rf2... imo...

It`s top dog for me and I can`t see anything really matching it for some time... :)

15. Matt A

Matt A Registered

I dont know of anything else that gives the options to setup stuff down to the smallest details like RF2.

They literally have given us access to almost EVERYTHING that they have implemented under the hood. Though for the uninitiated this often attracts complaints about a cluttered UI, and to some extent I agree (though i use a third party UI that is VERY clean), but as we know they are working on a new UI and I have a lot of confidence in these guys :)

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

FFB, Physics, AI, and eventually Variable Weather.
    Honorable mention for lighting and customizability.
    ...more to come I'm sure.

17. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

You know for men it's not easy to talk about emotions, but I really love rf2 !
    I started sim racing with Revs on the old C64, go ahead with F1GP for the Amiga.

And now we have rf2, what a difference. I tried EVERY race sim on the market. Every one has something, but everytime I going back to feel the real thing: rf2.

It's just amazing to feel the cars in rf2. They are alive. Driving this cars is really hard, challenging and fun.

Its a combination of FFB, sensation of speed and the fantastic sound (Ferrari 643 and Matra). But also the small cars like the Clio 1.51 are great.
    Also I like the sense of humor of the isi developers for bringing something very unusual things like the RC and quad mods :)

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What a fanboy rave never heard anything like it, goodness heavens ! :eek:

I bet you say that to all the boys ................. :eek: loool

hehehe tj ........ You took the words right out of my mouth ;) But NOT while you were kissing me .....ewuhhhh p

I tell you wot' tj........................ the usual baggers are noticeable by their non appearance hey ? hehe

Don't worry I got your names....... lool ;)

Like they can write pages and pages of BS why rF2 is no good but they don't have a single good thing to say.

lopl

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  19. tjc

tjc Registered

:D :D :D

lol... D

Fanboy rave... :cool:

Yip I spose so...

Proud of it too. :)

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention the weather, real road, immersion...

Awesome!

20. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

My 14 year old daughter has been watching me sim driving for most of her life. Her first crack at it was probly 7-8 years ago with rF1 and the Miniville mod I believe it was called. Since then she's continued to drive my rig right up to now and rF2. This summer she will test for a "School Permit" which will allow her to drive to school and back home again next fall. (Approximately 3 miles) Although she does like to race different vehicles from time to time her main interest is simply driving. I set her up at Mills with the Civic, Fiat, Clio or Mazda with auto clutch and shift, abs (she will drive a hand-me down 2004 front wheel drive Corolla). 3 or 4 AI at 75% to add some traffic and then do laps around the different layouts. Do I think I'm training her a bit for the real thing which we've yet to begin practice? Actually I do. Taking in her surroundings from cockpit view, the sense of speed, guaging the speedometer, accel/decel, observing rearview mirrors, driving defensively, correcting mistakes without incident and dealing with the nerves of a new young driver are some of the things she can apply to the real experience. We've actually discussed her recordings at times for my input (as long as it's done very delicately!). I enjoy watching her enjoy and progress on rF2! I certainly wouldn't have the same enthusiasm for a console game on the xbox! Nor would I feel I'm providing any useful, real-world experience.
    +1 on all the other comments in this thread!