In-Game tracks/mods ratings

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Gugus, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Gugus

Gugus Registered

Hi all,

I wish I could have the ability to « rate » cars/tracks/mods directly from the game UI, or from the ModManager.
    I think it will help doing some cleanup on the installed mods,
    or help choose corrects cars/tracks while playing, when there is so much cars/tracks/mods installed... :)

Why not, also, adding some « overall users » ratings , but that’s would be a bit more work to do, I think (plus, adding some database somewhere, so I don’t think that’s a good idea).

My 2 cents.
    Best regards to you all !
    Hugues.

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

A few have done the ratings thing. The problem is its very subjective, one persons view of a track or car might be totally different to another. For example a mk1 golf gti mod might not be the best but a user actually owns that car. He's gonna think its ace. Same for tracks. My idea of a great circuit is layout, working real road and a good mesh. Graphics come down my list so I would score an average conversion high.But others won't touch it as it looks bad.

3. Gugus

Gugus Registered

Hi Steve,

yes, I totally agree with the subjectiveness of rating.
    But I were mostly thinking about some private ratings, that would only stay locally with the user profile.
    This should/could be integrated inside the ModManager only, just to help the user manage those gigs of cars/tracks/mods ;)
    Some times, for example, I uninstall some mods but don’t remember why. Then, later on, I activate them back, and understand later on why I shouldn’t :)
    So, adding some ratings - or any comments - on it will help me let this track/car/whatever uninstalled.

I also should remove the file from my package folder, but the fact is I highly rely on BTSync’ed folders, where I barely can add/remove whatever I want.. :)

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

In mod manager, the text box in the bottom left, it would be pretty cool if ISI could add an end user notes section that we could edit. So we could add a date or a personal rating, bugs in sp or league scenario. I Might have to request that in wish list.
    I totally take your point and agree. Especially when there are so many versions of f1 mods/ spa/ suzuka/ Bathurst etc. After all we just want the best variant installed and maybe just store the other rfcmps somewhere for a time when they are needed to get on a server.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I would love to be able to add some notes or private ratings to my installed content. I seriously need to weed out a lot of stuff, but I don't really know where to start. Would be awesome to be able to add notes to the tracks and cars ingame, while testing out different things.

6. Cornelius Horn

Cornelius Horn Registered

Good idea that refresh the game a little bit