Can't uninstall any tracks because everything is in use by a bunch of "mods"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So I need to delete cars out of my game just so I can uninstall a track? Ok??? I'm trying to uinstall the old Lime Rock and old Silverstone but I can't since they're being used by 5 or 6 mods - whatever that even means, lol.

Help?...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hey Spin.

Untick components in mod manager and tick mods.
    It's vmods you need to uninstall, not car mods.
    Unless you have some private ones, it's fine to uninstall and delete them all as they are quite small and most are updated frequently.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Also be aware spin is a few wierd bugs atm

You can click uninstall in mod manager, uninstall some others go back and it will be still showing installed.

Close mod manager and open again it should totally refresh ,

It can do the same thing for delete mods ( only noticed this last few builds )

If you have old mods you can't uninstall delete all files in packages and userdata and manifests relevant to it then remake the mod.

I keep all mods the same version 1.00 to spin, when I go to mas2 I just edit them click package click uninstall click install , never fails you think it would lol

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

get into Nords with me and Mat for some laps Spin.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks guys, I just deleting a bunch of vmods, I have like a million of them. I think they're the tiny files that first get downloaded everytime you join a server. There's like a million. I even have a mod called Happy New Year, LOL!

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Dont forget the orphan files in Manifests and UserData/Player

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I call my system good housekeeping. Join a race/server, download the vmod, run the race (particularly a round in a league race) and the 1st thing I do after the event has finished is delete the vmod. I got in a right mess when 1st using rf2. Now every thing neat and tidy, no duplicate files, tracks,cars. Makes life so much easier and I also have a similar file system as dd on my back up drive now. So anytime I need to install stuff needed to join something if I already have it its just a case of drag and drop into packages which is set with a short cut in favourites on windows explorer. Isi's system is a piece of cake and by far the easiest I have ever used.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Another tip spin fill in the INFO when you make a mod, all the same author they will be under one heading in list view.

9. coops

coops Banned

i cannot believe spin didnt know how to do this. Just goes to show there needs to be a manual made for rf2 or some1 to do small vids on these type of things in rf2 would make things easier for those using rfactor 2.
    not having ago at spin at all. just goes to show we dont know it all when it comes to rfactor and can still learn.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Why would you need a manual when it says what vmods are in use by that track? Logic tells you to remove those vmods first no? If anything it goes to show that you can hang around the forum all you want without actually playing rF2. No offense intended to anybody but just saying.

11. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

The best would be to just deal with cars and tracks and get rid of mod packages.

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yeah I agree, it's hard to believe that a guy like Spinell didn't know how to do that :D You have to clean your vmods section more often...lol.

But it's sooo annoying when you have plenty of vmods installed and maybe 10 of them are using the track or car you are trying to uninstall. I suggested ISI to make it so that when trying to uninstall a track/car used by vmods, the mod manager would ask the user: "This file is used by x mods, uninstall anyway?" and then mod manager automatically uninstall all the vmods too. It should be quite simple?

13. coops

coops Banned

^^ like that idea hope they do it.

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Eh.. If you join a lot of different servers a vmod will be downloaded for each of them. Sooner or later you will have plenty of them. If 10 vmods are using the track you are trying to uninstall, how easy is it? You can't remember the name of all of them, so you have to write them down or something, and then go through the vmods list and uninstall them one by one. Of course it's easy (but still annoying) when you only have to uninstall one or two vmods. But if you're in a league and the admin makes a new vmod for each event you'll have a few vmods using a track or car.

See my above post how it could easily be solved. The mod manager should ask the user and then automatically delete all vmods using the car/track.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I like to be organised, I clean up all that stuff at least once a week, even if there is a chance I'll race there again. Sure, an automated feature is a good idea and would definitely help some.

16. matf1

matf1 Registered

Does it? I thought it did but when checking before responding to a post I couldn't see it. I've just checked again and I'm still not seeing it.
    If you can see it, please direct me :D

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

In a similar question, is there any way to see what components belong to a Multi Cmp?

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Can't you do that by simply selecting it in the mod manager? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Nope, just checked. There doesn't appear to be a way for telling which sound or talent file belongs to which vehicle. And yes, I know in the future modders are encouraged to make a single component...
    View attachment 15384

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

To see what components are in a MultiCmp, you need to click on the actual MultiCmp. In this screenshot you are clicking on a Talent cmp. Or maybe you question really should have read, "How can I tell which MultiCmp and talent cmp belongs to.". If that is what you really wanted to ask then the answer is there isn't an easy way. You would have to go through all your MultiCmps until you found one that matches.