Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Beta release January 2012, years in making with same issues and the same feature/bug items that get dredged-up after every update because they haven't been dealt with thoroughly, mirrors, heat haze bubble, AI, AA/transparency,multiplayer, no support to multi GPU and triple screens etc., etc

Constructive, or is there some BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS after 2012 that I am not aware of, if so please let me know.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

happy new year ! (-;

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

again WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE AI EXACTLY? :confused:

Mirrors = Work
    Heat Haze = agreed needs some work
    AI = ???
    AA/Transparency = Works fine in most cases
    Multiplayer = what EXACTLY is your problem? it works just fine
    No Multi GPU Support = Maybe you need an AMD setup then, works for me!

...yet again you seem to fail to realise that ISI are doing things THEIR way not yours, either deal with that or as suggested multiple times GO AND PLAY SOMETHING ELSE!

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Why? If it suits them, why not?

Tell me again how many members iRacing has?

Rather than bashing other sims and laying out our 100% subjective opinions that are meaningless, why not be constructive? If there was actually an issue with modders leaving this platform (which I don't think there is) it should be looked in to objectively.

What are the real reasons they're going? Simple exposure? Money? Modding for rFactor2 too difficult? if so why? what are the issues? What can be done to remedy these issues? What do modders want that isn't available currently in rFactor 2? what are their barriers in bringing their content to the sim? and finally, would ISI listen to the answers given and could they do anything about them or is it too late for them to do anything in this incarnation of rFactor?

To simply say "All sims suck because I love rFactor 2" solves nothing, answers nothing, provides nothing.

Real feedback in a constructive, logical, neutral, well intentioned way....might.....ya' know...... help?

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Again off topic mate, I am not bitter I am laughing to you guys, nobody can proof me wrong and remember I am also customer here who has same right as everybody else to have proper game experience with SLI, triple screens etc., there is no statement from ISI that rFactor2 has no support to that, it is 2015 mate many has multi GPU and triple screen today.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You're a dissatisfied customer for a bunch of reasons. Of course you have a right to be here, I'm not saying otherwise. I'm just saying that you may owe it to yourself to focus on other sims that can provide you with a better experience. Thankfully it's a big market. Maybe sometime in the future this sim will live up to your expectations. :)

7. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

Because there is still some people with good skills willing to mod for rF2 but the fact is that most of them are running away and I guess it's for what I already said: modding is overcomplicated, the same mod will look nicer in another game and more people will download your mod. So why to bother with rF2? And this is something ISI has to fix, not the "lazy" modding community.

And yes I'm blind...

8. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

A lot of people easily forget AC was actually supposed to release in 2012 and actually only released officially a week or so ago, and still has many essential features needed for full blown realistic races missing. But for some reason the development pace over there is lightning quick compared to ISI according to some.
    I misplaced my rose tinted spectacles, dried behind my ears, have no wool in the house, never wear a hat and was not born in Sweden.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

rFactor2 is not Beta, all bugs in my topic are from 2012, just face the fact that nothing is fixed and that is the reason why HistoriX, Enduracers etc. are not present in rFactor2 and that the game is not up to the standards of many modders yet.

PS. Again, please don`t tell me what to do.:)

10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Indeed, apparently creating all content before releasing the game, then drip feeding it throughout the early access period fooled many, many people. It just annoyed me because the cars I wanted came towards the end of that period :( lol

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

again avoiding the AI, again not explaining yourself properly, again not willing to admit you have a personal issue and need time away from this game!

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

"My worst nightmare seem to happen wake up DD, community and most of all ISI, the DRM team’s decision is not rooted in licensing or legal pressure but comes from within the team as the creators are unhappy with the current state of the modding community.The team cites several reasons for their decision, including the unauthorized ripping and converting of their work to other simulations, the recent rise pay mods as well as a general unhappiness with rFactor itself and in rFactor are not ISI mods most used and the best mods and the reason to popularity is third party mods like EnduRacers, HistoriX, DRM etc."

i realize youre not a native english speaker so i understand but i have trouble comprehending the last sentence or so. other than that, what does any of that have to do with ISI? pay mods, rips, etc are going to happen as long as there are games that allow mods.

this is the first ive heard of the DRM mod & frankly im just glad theyre making it at all, with some of the other groups so hesitant to choose a platform.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Tread is:"Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!" not MarcG vs Ari Antero about rFactor2 AI. that's why, grow up.

14. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Because it is able to offer the most realistic simulation, both in terms of physics and simulation of other features. Because even today the graphic quality is a little lower, the difference is minimal and rFactor2 continue to improve in this section. Because it offers many more possibilities for creating tracks as animated objects, some shaders that offer many possibilities, ability to recreate the tracks with lots of objects while maintaining good performance .......

The difficulty is nothing more that an excuse. Create a high quality mod is a complicated task like either. You may make a car with invented physics and make it believable it easier to AC, but we are talking about simulation and what is sought in the simulation is to simulate the most realistic way possible, and that is what rFactor2 offers. Maybe to achieve the correct results need a little more work but also the reward is much greater.

There are many reasons why any modder might want to work with rFactor2, in my opinion many but why would want to work in AC.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

These conversations are ridicilous.

Like this statement "the same mod will look nicer in another game and more people will download your mod. So why to bother with rF2?" (Eduard Mallorquí)

hmm, well, you know, it's not at all all about the looks. Any modder that has self respect aims to do something that drives good if it's a racing sim they are doing a mod for.

So for me:1) a game that drives superb, has great multiplayer once you get there bnut is buggy in some area is sometimes equal to 2) a game that has very nice graphics, drivers decent, lacks features and has inferior multiplayer but more players because of accessibility. I have both rf2 and AC. Lets just enjoy our games and let people play what they find better for themselves. I don't understand why to go to a forum just to trashtalk about other product you usually just think you dislike. Imo we should just offer advice to make the game better. You can point out flwas but pointing them out in aggressive manner is not cool.

16. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

I don't see the graphic quality difference so minimal and I fail to see any improvement in this section since years, if anything it's going worse. About performance maybe my PC is not the best but while I can run another games just fine with rF2 to get decent performance I have to lower the graphics getting a bizarre experience, even worse than rF1 graphics.

I don't see the difficulty as an excuse, I'm not a modder but I deal with this kind of stuff quite often and I can only say it's quite a nightmare but well, that's just me I guess.

The reasons why would anyone work in AC I already said them, easier modding, better looking product and more people using your mod. With rF2 more workload, worse looking product and less people using your mod. About better physics, well it's well known that rF2 physics are quite complicated, specially the tires so at the end of the day I believe it's more hard to archive a realistic mod for rF2 than AC, mostly because I doubt there is a lot of people knowing what are they doing with the physics since they are so overcomplicated.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you mentioned the AI not me....and dont tell me what to do, sound familiar?!

18. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

This has really turned into one of these threads that makes you ashamed if anyone outside the simracing "community" (it's not a community, it's mostly groups of fanatics for 1 single game while all the rest sucks) would read this.
    It's just going back and forth with useless "argument" why my toy is better than yours.
    Let's all grow up and leave this sort of communication to kindergarteners.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm just asking for a response from Ari who seems incapable of returning with one, that's all guv

20. Mulero

Mulero Registered

RF2 has improved a lot in graphic terms. With Silverstone and the Civic was a major step forward in quality of content and graphics engine has been constantly improved. Lighting, shaders, performance ..... improvement has been great and continue. It may not look as spectacular as AC but to me it looks much more natural and realistic. This talking about when playing, if we talk of taking shots of cars, as if, in AC better results.

No that PC will have Eduard, but that's your problem not of ISI. I can not play in AC against more than 10 cars because my CPU not give for more, and by no means am every day crying Assetto forum.

The difficulty is the price of evolution. If we were all still so conformist we would go on horse-drawn carts, or even that. ISI has done what it had to do with RF2, which is evolving. If modders want to use the opportunities offered by ISI, perfect, if they not want, we have to make do with what goes launching ISI (which until now has been almost all outstanding) and the few mods but of excellent quality that are coming out to RF2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.