[WIP] Palatov Motorsport D4

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

PUBLIC TEMPLATE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/twen24548ayq2e9/D4_publicTEMPLATE.rar
    ===============================================================

With the help of Mr. Dennis Palatov, owner of Palatov Motorsport, Alessio Contardi (3d models), Nicola Acciarri RFE (Engine Physic, etc.) and in the next weeks I think other persons depending of our needs, I'm working since December 10th 2014 on this unbelievable vehicle, the Palatov Motorsport D4: http://www.palatov.com/cars/d4.html

Several years ago Maher Solution built a rFactor1 version. A lot of things changed and Mr. Palatov enhanced these vehicles, that in the next month(s?) I hope we'll be able to have available for rFactor2!
    We are re-modeling the most of the parts by scratch or, in few cases, by the IGES original project files of the real car.

We have planned to release the vehicle in 3 configurations:
    - Trackday, strictly equipped like the real car
    - Hillclimb, strictly equipped like the real car
    - Custom, a "fictional" class that allows every optional part of both the above configurations, to provide real drivers and real potential customers a chance to try the set they wish to buy

And, of course, the structure of the mod will be adapted for the MP experience on rFactor2.

The chance to receive official data by the manufacturer and feedback during the tests is an unique opportunity and I hope to be able to recall the same feeling that you can feel driving these monsters. Monster is the right term for the Hillclimb configuration... the new one that Palatov Motorsport will sell in the next months; believe to me: to tame the Hillclimb will be extremely complex. And to try to drive the Custom version, configured with the same engine of the Hillclimb, but without the optional AWD, will be a challenge!!

Here you can read something more about these vehicles: http://www.dpcars.net/dp4/

http://youtu.be/WTeDQpZZZVc

http://youtu.be/PI2M3rGi7wA

Currently the vehicles are running the first laps, the overall structure of the mod is working. In the next weeks we'll focus on the physic for tires, engines, also depending of the tests that in the real life Palatov Motorsport will perform at SearsPoint and Laguna Seca.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Great project!

Good luck with making it :)

P.S. Then you got to make a nice hillclimb track for it too [​IMG]

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Haha! Awesome stuff! Good luck with your work, hope things progress smoothly for you :D

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

A me sono piaciute tutte le auto che hai fatto per rf2 e questa, sono sicuro, nn sara di meno!

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Oh, I LOVE this. Can I donate somewhere?

We have so many "short circuits" which are unsuited to full-size GT3 or GTE cars. Mores, Poznan, Drummond are some of the best looking tracks available, but no cars to really "authentically" run at them. A proper "hobby racer trackday car" like this will be a miracle for some close-pack trackday feeling.

Plus, it looks really unique.

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

These look like great fun, good luck with this! :)

8. batito

batito Registered

9. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Looking forward to this. Looks like an amazing little bastard! ;)

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

looks interesting

highly strung motorbike engines inside a light weight car frame & open top can translate very nicely into a sim
    like the radical in Iracing

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

3 engines, tuned by Palatov Motorsport, new 2015 models:
    - Hayabusa 1.3L inline-4 engine, 197 P.S. @ 9750 rpm, 150 Nm @ 7250 rpm (Base for Custom)
    - Hayabusa Turbo Stage I 1.3L inline-4 engine, 225 P.S. @ 10000 rpm, 195 Nm @ 7750 rpm (Trackday)
    - Hayabusa Turbo Stage II 1.3L inline-4 engine, larger radiator, 351.6 P.S. @ 10250 rpm, 283 Nm @ 8100 rpm (Hillclimb)

Car weight:
    - Custom = from 363 to 388 kilos
    - Trackday = 378 kilos
    - Hillclimb = 410 kilos

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Sadly no clue on 3d modding... would it be acceptable to just use a larger wheel (could be a customization on the real car, no?)

Just checking some data... this thing is going to be faster than an X-Bow (half the weight, two thirds the horsepower...)

I hope you get the animation sorted... worst case remove the driver?

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

thanks GCCRacer. It seems I found a friend of you.. Coutie!

BTW, I found also another issue, due to my poor knowledge: the "visor mode" option and, if possible, I need help also for the feature I'd like to add, because of this car is like an OW car for the drivers...
    I'll post about this request into the appropriate area.

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yes, the SimHQers are everywhere ;)

To be honest, I've never seen a Visor mod that felt proper. The only game where it feels realistic is MotoGP13, because it's actually a 3d model, complete with light/shadow reactions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwpeuwu7HEI

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, please use the visor mode option that the ISI open wheel cars have!

And wow, the Turbo II is going to be a real handful of fun! :)

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'm just finished the rear suspensions that now look moveable thanks to some suggestion of Coutie (I learnt one more thing!), but, about the visor, I tried several options without positive results. A thing that appears easy seems to be difficult. Maybe I made a stupid mistake I do not see... no idea at all, I need some help, otherwise no visor.

Now I'm waiting for some files and several answers from the manufacturer as well as some feedback from him and real drivers to go ahead with the physical settings

18. redapg

redapg Registered

I don't have 3DSimEd3, so i don't have a possibilty to get a Visor mesh from an ISI mod and work on it.
    Can you send me a 3DSMax (Version 2009 or 2010) scene-file from it, with all needed textures?

Then i could play around with it, to see if i get it working.

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'll answer into the related topic...