Online Portal to subscribe for Quick Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B1K3R, Dec 23, 2014.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi there

So I'm experimenting with this idea of having an online portal where one can search for, subscribe and join an online quick race. The basic concept is this.

1. I want to do a quick race/s at some specific time of the day, but only God knows if anyone will be online.

2. So I go online on this portal, search for tracks/cars that interest me, find the event that suits my time, and subscribe to it. Anyone who has an rF2 server can use my plugin and app (only available when you contact me) to start streaming quick events and data to this portal. So in theory, there is no limit as to how many events will be searchable.

3. I can also see what others are doing, where and when they will be racing. I might want to join them.

That's it really. if you want to give it a try, head here

http://www.atlanticracing.net/Livetiming/RacingServers.aspx

It's quite basic at the moment. You need to register to be able to join. If this concept is liked, I will add many other features, profile page with all driver stats etc etc. As you can see, you can also see who is racing online (Dashboard menu), check best laps or older results.

NOTES:

1. Those who have a dedicated servers and wish to take advantage of this portal, now they can. All you need to do is contact me and I will install the plugin on your rf2 servers and a listener which will then use the web and database of our server. At this stage, only EU rF2 servers can be accepted.

2: Please note that is this just a pilot and testing if the concept is useful or not so don't expect full functionality and bug free at this stage

If you like the idea, your feedback is appreciated.

Cheers

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Wow, this is very promising!

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

FYI, +connect functionality (click to join) is coming fairly soon (with race listing in the launcher, planned). This should also work from league sites and listing sites like yours and Live Racers, etc.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This will such an important addition to the sim. Can't wait!

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks Tim, thats the idea. Once the join functionality is ready from your side, people can then directly join the server :) The button is ready on the portal :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Probably silly question: For those like me that have a logitech wheel, that are recommended to launch Rfactor through logitech profiler, how can they do this when this functionality will be implemented ? It will be enough to have a RF2 session already running? Thanks.

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I'm not 100% sure, but with rF1, what I used to do is open the Logitech profiler as usual and select rF and then open rF from the web link.

I never noticed a difference but again, I'm not sure. Maybe someone who knows more can give a better insight.

8. filas

filas Registered

I think there is no need to run game through profiler, just set global setting there same as you set for RF2 and lunch normally..

9. Vintook

Vintook Registered

I don't think you need to launch rFactor from the Logitech profiler to get the profile to work. The Logitech profiler should see when the rFactor executable is run and apply the appropriate profile.