Difference between Mod Dev and in game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Butters, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Butters

Butters Registered

As the title suggests I am just curious if anyone can please tell me why there is such a difference between the way objects appear in Mod Dev vs RF2?

Below is a few reference shots as to what I am referring to (disregard the red lights was trying to ensure the lights were actually working). I am also now experiencing other issues regarding a vehicle. I just assumed if it was right in Mod Dev it would be right in game is this not the case and if not does Mod Dev need a major overhaul to catch up with the game itself?

Vehicle in Mod Dev
    View attachment 15299

Vehicle in game
    View attachment 15300

Track pics the left is in game vs right in Mod Dev. I wasn't sure why in Mod Dev it appeared as though the entire track area was lit up. This is all possibly to do with my personal settings but just thought no harm in asking.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  2. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

It seems that HDR is off on your Mod Dev.

IIRC, there was an issue that you needed to set HDR on via file editing. Do a quick search on modding sub-foruns and you might find it.

3. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Editing files is no longer required to set HDR on in Dev Mode. The Dev Mode video settings are now available via a separate button in the launcher.

With the new launcher its found on the settings tab, right at the top, next to the regular video settings button.

4. Butters

Butters Registered

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I checked in my Launcher the "Dev Mode Video Settings" and HDR was already ticked so those pics were with it set to on. Any other suggestions as to what it could possibly be?

5. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Probably a different HDR profile. On the dev menu (as seen behind the mat settings on the 2nd image), click the post fx menu and load a profile.

6. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Thinking about it, I don't think dev mode starts up with any HDR profiles loaded or running, so do as above and load one, then make sure to "run" it or mess with the various settings.

7. Butters

Butters Registered

Ok found it thanks after a fresh install of both the SDk and game itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  8. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

So modders will have to provide the HDR profile used to ensure that everybody sees an identical image? Is there a way to link a track with a specific HDR profile?

Sent with Tapatalk

9. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I'm fairly sure devmode loads the automation profile by default. You might have to enable the HDR devmode panel in the setup2.ini file which is in prog files/rFactor2/ModDev.
    The setting (i think) is UseHDR=(1)

Before build 906 i think the user had to manually select the automation profile (as well as enable HDR in the setup2.ini).
    Everytime I've loaded devmode since 906 the HDR has been on and in automation profile.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014