New, need help installing mod??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickyb, Dec 18, 2014.

1. rickyb

rickyb Registered

Hi,

I just purchased Rfactor 2, and I am trying to install the Ferrari 643 mod by ASR ver 1.2. I am using windows 8.1, I saved the download in my packages folder with the other ISI stuff. When I go to mod manager to install it is not there. the other mods from ISI worked for me but not this one. Can someone please walk me through how to install this mod please, I am very new to this thanks.

2. boxer

boxer Registered

BTW welcome to rF2 (if you cant see the mod perhaps it's corrupted) try downloading again..

in mode manager make sure you have all options on at the top enabled.. (make sure Mod/Components are checked )....
    then on the package directory if the directory you have the mod in is lot listed click the "B" button and navigate through your directories to the correct path..
    once you have done that the easiest way to find what's not installed is to click the installed header at the top of the list view... so the NO items are a the top
    (may need to click it twice)... it's a toggle...

So now the ASR should be at the top... select it and click the install button... (or right click on it and select install from the pop up menu)
    It's very easy... report back if you still have any issues..

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You sure you have COMPONENTS ticked and have pressed refresh

Make sure you have the folder you store mods selected as the " packages directory"

click on heading "TYPE" or "INSTALLED" you can change list and bring vehicles to top.

sry Boxer missed you post.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  4. rickyb

rickyb Registered

Thank you, I still cannot find it, does it mean anything that it is an RAR file? when I go to the documents tab on my computer everything including the file for the mod is there, but when I follow the steps you have outlined I have no luck.

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

If the file is a rar you have to extract it with winrar or other "extractors", then put in Packages the extracted file with extension rfcmp.

6. rickyb

rickyb Registered

I am using a program called 7z zip rar, so I have just unzipped the file, but now I must repack it as something else?

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No just extract it , copy to packages then delete the zip folder.

Store a copy of all RFCMP files somewhere safe.