no mods working for me please help?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rickyb, Dec 17, 2014.

1. rickyb

rickyb Registered

Hi,

I am new to computer sims so please excuse my ignorance. I recently tried the rfactor demo and decided to buy the game so I purchased it straight thru the demo. after my purchase I wanted to try the other cars so I went to the package icon and downloaded a few cars like the Dallara. I then went to the mod manager feature and installed all the the new cars I just downloaded, then I launched the game and they were nowhere to be found. The only content I have right now is the content from the demo. I have watched a few vids online so I think this is the right procedure. I am using windows 8.1, please help thanks.

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Click the icon furthest left and change series to 'all tracks and cars'

3. rickyb

rickyb Registered

Thank you very much sir!!

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

You're welcome :)

5. un_fumeta

un_fumeta Registered

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I've installed a few ISI car series and they don't appear ingame in the "Series" section. I have to click the "All cars and tracks" option and then, when choosing a car go through all the cars of all the series.

Is it a known bug? I have tried uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling from scratch but still no series to be chosen.

Thanks in advance.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That is probably because they are not a series but single cars.
    You can create your own series by creating a vmod and adding whatever cars you want to it. then it will be selectable from the menu as such.

7. un_fumeta

un_fumeta Registered

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded and installed the ISI packages (F2, F Renault 3.5, ISI F Masters, etc.). Shouldn't they be shown as series?

I feel like a noob, as I am quite used to modding games :(

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Most of the ISI cars and tracks aren't in a series so it will be right that they don't appear there.

Don't worry, it is a common problem people come across. As above, "All cars and tracks" or creating a vMod fix these problems. THere is a video on ISI's youtube explaining how to create the latter.

9. un_fumeta

un_fumeta Registered

Thank you very much, kind gentlemen. I was going crazy trying to find a fix. :)

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Don't worry about feeling like a noob, rf2 does this to people across the board :)