Encryption of MAS file with stolen content

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Carr, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carr

Carr Registered

I appreciate the reply Joe, and respect the position of ISI when it comes to encryption requests and time it would take to verify the content. I wasn't having a go at ISI for encrypting it, more so just trying to find out what requirements ISI has before encrypting and what I might be able to do from here. It isn't overly practical to have our mod encrypted at the moment due to often weekly updates, but have already sent ISI a request for information requesting the procedure to have ours encrypted and am eagerly waiting for a reply.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@ ISI

Maybe it's a stupid question, but wouldn't it be a good way to give the modders the possibility to encrypt their work on their own?

It's easy to understand that you (ISI) can't know if the things that are send to you for encrypting are "legal".

But if a modder can encrypt his own work, by using an own Code (if that is possible), it would help to prevent from that what happened to Carr now.

The 3rd party at least would have needed more "criminal energy" to make the files usable for them.

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

IMO very risky idea ... giving to third parts the encryption "know how" raises the chance that some one can use such know how to crack it.

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

aha dont let it out

after thought: maybe a different encryption system to ISI's..
    after after thought lol: wouldnt help the modders tho, someone could figure it out for there stuff

Sorry carr i couldnt get it threw his thick skull to respect the "freeworld"modders work

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think some sort of web service where you upload a mas and it spits out an encrypted version would work well. Then the actual tools wouldn't be in public hands but it would also give modders a simple way to encrypt with quick turn arounds and without creating extra workload on ISI staff.

6. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

a web-based tool that just spItS out encrypted files will PrObAbly have dummy data fed to it to discover its secrets.
    a modder will Never be able to pick a system of encryPtion for themsElves, because ultimately those game resources NeeD tO be ReAd and proceSsED.

7. Mee

Mee Registered

It's pretty naive to think it hasn't been cracked yet.

rFactor 2 itself has to be able to decrypt the files, so a programmer with the know-how (not me!) already has the tools to find a decrypt-method.

8. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I never said that the encryption code is not yet cracked, actually in your quote i was talking of "raising the chances".

All in all, more ISI are secretive, less the chance that the encryption cracks become common knowledge.

This is in the interest of modders, or in interest of auto-manufactures which allow to license their cars only if their data are "closed".

Also, in this "war", ISI has the possibility to modify some bits of the encryption code, so that the crackers have to work again to re-crack the modified code.

9. justin_credible

justin_credible Registered

Pictures don't lie this is from carr's mod ! look at the helmet all content scratch built hey ! why is it from need for speed. View attachment 15283

Ps: The mod you are talking about was encryption for a private league not public.

10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

publically scrolling across the top of your web page with links
    yeah real private

dogs

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

dogs

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  12. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

This thread needs to be shut down

below is a screen shot of Carr /richo/Yastenny/Floydie RMS mod, pic is of just one of many, this one is just bonnet/boot clips
    You, the members of ISI forums judge for youself, I have also uploaded 2 files, the Forza FG Ford file, and the RSM mod.....those with 3d modelling knowledge have a look and you decide if his mod is scratch built................

View attachment 15288

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  13. Carr

Carr Registered

Ok, I will be extremely and overly clear.

1. Our mod is being scratch built and will not contain any cars from other games, yes a couple of small parts like the bonnet pins are being used for convenience but pretty much if was remade would be as good as exactly the same anyway. This also explains why our mod is still in BETA testing and has not been released to the public. This is even clearly stated in my WIP thread on rFactor Central. At the moment, the only car which is using borrowed content is the Falcon. The Nissan, Merc and Commodore were all scratch built.

2. Intel48 and the group he is working with, IN Sim Gamers, are the ones who are using part of my mod without permission.

Can a moderator please remove the link to the part of my mod as it is not authorised.

14. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

the mediafire link I have supplied above contains all five models of your "scratch" built, all I ask is the modders here can judge for themselves, that your mod is not scratch bult, but contains over 90% material from other platforms, yes you have moved a cpl polys around....big deal........the model I have used that you say is YOURS......funily came fron FORZA............and I have never stated it was scratch built, when mod was locked by ISI, in the info section I state verl clearly it is not a scratch built mod but some of the physics, and the tyre model is scratch built... so if you adiment the model is yours, well you got from the same place I did.....rest my case, also our mod was locked for a reason and privacy, for a private league and this was also stated in the email to ISI when they locked files, they are well aware of its content

15. Carr

Carr Registered

OK, now this is where the bull$hit shines. There was never a Nissan Altima in any version of Forza or Grid, nor was there a Mercedes E63. If you want to make claims, be able to back them up with facts.

16. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

yes I stand corrected, I replied and typed in haste......all models, with exception of the nissan and volvo came from forza, volvo, was up for grabs by anyone, nissan came from http://3dlancer.net/en/3dmodel-nissan-altima-901.html a free model, and yes C63 is in forza, just renamed it to E63, almost the same model, also a question, why did you guys try and sell your mod to an Australian sim company for $70,000.00.......................not good

17. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol that nissan looks nothing like rsm's nissan your a freak intel that believes what he wants as carr has said it still in beta , and people that are part of the testing know excactly whats going on with each model including there source these guys have put a heap of time, energy, letalone the hours of work. compared to your throw together ****
    evry1 that is part of the testing knows whats install for the ford too. and have seen the progress of every other model

nissan was up for grabs by anyone.. your a dick what makes you think you can go and assume thats where there model originated from and then decide for yourself that you can use RSM's completely different model
    why dont you grab that nissan model that's up for grabs to anyone and put it in game oh **** thats right you dont know how!!!

the volvo .. go grab the model thats up for grabs and put that in too and maybe ask to use it while you are there like rsm has
    mind you they had already half built the volvo before using that model

and then have the nerve to put a link up to there mod
    WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!

in no way am i part of the development apart from driving so dont give me credit for there great work thx!!

18. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

why the hell did you bother with just incredible lol explains you guys to a tee

19. Carr

Carr Registered

You seriously don't have a clue do you. We have a complete file history of our models from when they were first built in Sketchup up to their current stage. We didn't use that Altima model as it is the wrong series and is very different. If you had any modelling knowledge then you would also know this.

As for the selling of our mod, this is and never was the case. We are working with a company to develop our mod further and improve it, but this is not a sale. If they decide to use it or distribute it to their clients, it would be so without any financial commitment to us.

We are trying to make a new mod for the community to use and enjoy, if people like it and use it, then all the better. We have put 7 months of development into it so far and still have plenty of work to go and it won't be released to the public until it is finished and 100% ours.

As I have previously offered to IN2 Sim Gamers, I am willing to provide our models to an independent 3rd party modeler to compare our models to any claimed source. Last time I offered that challenge, they threatened to upload mod and advertise it. If anyone reputable is willing to do this, please contact me and I will happily provide our models for you.

I am getting tired of all this crap, I understand why people don't bother making decent mods anymore.

20. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

see atc-2015 got taken down from driving italia lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.