rfactor 2 crashing 64 bit only

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by mtbboy, Dec 16, 2014.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

I would say the LAUNCHER is always 32 bit.

Only the rFactor2.exe is running 64 or 32 bit.

2. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

i have updated from amd catalyst 13.12 to 14.12 (Omega)
    rFactor2 still crash in 64 bit
    rfactor2 logo comes,then black screen then i get message: rfactor 2 has stopped working

3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Mine just totally locked up the pc :(

Moved to a different system now,let's see how this goes........

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry if I'm asking something already stated (I couldn't quickly find anything), but does this happen even on a clean install? No plugins etc?

5. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Happens in a brand spanking new install,windows the lot for me.

So I'm outa here as I can't drive or play rF2,until the next build.............

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It sounds like your issue is more terminal than the OPs, unfortunately. If only his 64 bit is crashing it might be something that can be tracked down.

7. bluey007

bluey007 Registered

thank you, i have windows 8.1 64 bit?

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

going to try one last time but have the install on the same disc to rule out a bad HD.......

9. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Nope
    Turned shadows off still crash.
    Crashed just sat on server.

10. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

i updated to build 910,rfactor 2 now does not crash in 64 bit.

11. bigsilverhotdog

bigsilverhotdog Registered

I registered for this thread. Probably should have a long time ago because I've been playing on and off for ages.

Constant crashing in game for me too latest nvidia driver GTX 980 on 3x ASUS VE278Q Win7 x64. Usually about every 40-60 minutes of gameplay. Hard lockup/black screen/loop and I can recover with CTRL ALT DEL taskmgr. The nvidia driver does not report any crash/recovery, and I can restart rfactor 2 and go again for 40-60 min. All other games work perfectly. Pro build did it myself, all high end and cold/clean. RF2 is on an Intel 730 SSD and I can easily max the game out (2xAA only) @ 6040x1080. Great FPS even in 10+ car races.

Pretty sure its always crashing in 64 bit mode because I run the game from the launcher and it should auto select it. Right? I assume...

Unless like everything else in rfactor 2 it was programmed and implemented backwards and upside down. Seriously. Have you played your own game? I bought 2 lifetimes and although I don't regret it (because of the spectacular physics/tire/track modeling and the fact I got $1000+ worth of enjoyment out of RF1) I could probably go on a 20 minute all caps rant about the absolutely dumbfounding mod packaging/compatibility/installation/verification/sharing system and the way it prevents people from playing the game they paid for and support. Not to mention the ridiculous UI that is somehow far worse than the first game's default. Sorry to randomly go off in my first post, but the mod/compatibility/multiplayer-prevention system is the main reason there's 17 players online. The fact that we have to deal with this idiotic system whenever we want to play the game with anyone else makes everyone much less likely to do so. Why should we? Nobody else does.

Thanks for the physics I guess.