rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Not a WIN 8 problem. You fix is to set widescreen UI=1 in the rf2 config.ini file. No place in UI to set to wide screen unless you are already in widescreen . GO figure.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

WidescreenUI=1

config.ini

should solve your problem...

//Edit: strange...Whitmore`s posting appears to me after i has wrote mine... it wasn`t there before??? Need new glasses..maybe ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
  3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Just had a crash when exiting a track, was also running really rough at about half my usual fps for some reason.

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	rFactor2.exe
      Application Version:	1.9.0.6
      Application Timestamp:	548b9615
      Fault Module Name:	StackHash_fda7
      Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.18247
      Fault Module Timestamp:	521ea8e7
      Exception Code:	c0000374
      Exception Offset:	000ce753
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID:	5129
      Additional Information 1:	fda7
      Additional Information 2:	fda70e4be7fb84730499575dbc3eff7f
      Additional Information 3:	a94b
      Additional Information 4:	a94b61e9d160fc73c1111d2db5502dfe

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

...and now I've just had this bug for the first time.

And there's another bug with the launcher: every time I have used mod manager and trying to close it, the launcher will crash. Not a big problem but quite annoying.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

My problem seems to have sorted itself luckily. But I can see that my launcher is also close to crashing after I close the mod manager. It says 'isn't responding' for a few secs and can hear the PC fans spin up quite a bit.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Do you running any AV Software wich is blocking the Launcher? Also, maybe it`s worth to check your HDD with a Smart-Tool, could be a problem with faulty sectors, too..

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Nope, we are several to have exactly the same problems, so it's on ISI side...

8. willz

willz Registered

the new build works when it wants to with me, 50 % of the time it just stops when just over 3/4`s of loading track, verified the build and it came up with this (One or more critical simulation files failed verification.) tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn`t uninstall the core build, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

How long have you left the sim when it's loading like that? Or does it actually crash the sim?

It can be that the first load of a track after an update can take a while to rebuild the shader cache. I see mine "stop" at just over 3/4, but I just leave it for a tiny bit and it keeps going. The new 24HR Nordschliefe is really bad for it lol.

10. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Not overly fond of the new launcher UI. I see there is a tick box in settings that says "revert to default UI" but when I tick that box nothing changes. Is there a way to go back to the original launcher UI?

11. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I think this option is related to ingame UI.

12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

+1

13. Crankie

Crankie Registered

, this doesn't work for me.
    Also when I turn hdr on it disappears but then I have no head lights.

14. JoeMaters

JoeMaters Registered

no other version besides the demo to download?

15. willz

willz Registered

had rf2 since launch, and i do know it pauses at this spot, but now it sticks there, have to control alt del to dump the program, think its more of a problem with isi cars cos all the third party mods work, this is what i get with the skippy ((Mesh rF2_generic_driver_2013B: Bone BIP01 R TOE1 could not be found in anim file RTER_STEER,ANM)) i have completely removed the skippy and downloaded it again, reloaded it into rf2 and this is what i get, so everything is removed and reinstalled and still no joy, can everyone else drive the skippy at limerock 2.0

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  16. Magus

Magus Registered

[MENTION=4741]willz[/MENTION] ; in that kind of situation I would completely uninstall rF2 and restart with the Lite version. However, I found an issue when using the uninstall.exe in the rf2 core folder, even though it ran me through the process, it actually didn't uninstall a single thing even though it went on to tell me it had. I had to manually delete the folders and files myself.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yeah, might be better to uninstall rF2 with the systemcontrol...and keep your license files, wich are located under: appdata/roaming/.rFactor

18. felirrari

felirrari Registered

It would be amazing if ISI adopt the rFactor 2 Minimalist UI, it can be found at Race Department. It gives a great and functional look to rF2

19. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

What for? UI gets new look soon-ish (doesn't actually mean days, or even weeks [or maaaaaybe]) but you won't ask for the same thing again I would think.

20. willz

willz Registered

that is what happened to me, so i did trash everything and it still not working on some isi cars, but works with all third party mods, this is very strange, i`m not by any means up to anything fancy on a computer but up til now had very little in the way of problems, this one has got me beat, not to worry, see if the next build sorts it, cheers