rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Termite

Termite Registered

Merry Christmas Everyone, Now how about some NASCAR Cars and Tracks? Just wondering how long before we get a seek peek?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

They do... what is it??

3. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

Windowed not work for me in this build.
    Alt +Tab not work.in fullscreen works
    in mode manager the mod don't delete after uninstall
    only delete after close the manager and to open again.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL, thought you discovered it! Wasn't it just to avoid the Mercedes pace car?

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

CONTROLLERS / FFB:
    Increased the number of buttons per controller supported.

Does anybody know the maximum number of buttons that are now supported? Thanks.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

No idea what happened, but I came to the first corner in Moth little too fast with the Vette and hit the corner marker so hard that the whole game froze. Had to ctrl+alt+delete+terminate.

Loving the laucher UI, can't wait for the ingame UI to get the same over haul, and I also finally bothered to fix my triples for rF2 as well... only thing left is for you folks to put up an option to upgrade to lifetime without purchasing another rF2, so I can start throwing money at you again ISI!

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

FWS ( Fullscreen windowed mode ) works okay for single monitor at least , no issues I can find this build.

Can still hit windows button in race, bring up dedicated menu and boot any driver who has left ( Ai )

Thing I did noticed with last 2 builds is rFactor2 runs slower and laggy in background now.
    ie: If I put dedicated menu on top it can get jittery while racing

Before last 2 builds FWS it would run super smooth no matter what was running on top even a movie in VLC was ok.

Sometimes you may have to click a taskbar item twice to bring it to front I also notice now where before a single fast click did the job.

Maybe some of it is down to the latest NV WHQL driver, I am not sure.

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

But then i'll come back here with a question and everyone will ask me why I didn't read the whole thread and perform file comparisons and regression analysis like the rest of us lol

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

ISI should think about this, good suggestion!

10. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I think it is 64. I can confirm that the Race King r12 LED by DSD works flawlessly now and that has 48 buttons.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not everyone who successfully updated without issues has posted, more people post about issues to get help on them.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

This was first time I ever updated, worked well.

The reason I updated was I had a stuck Lite download, tried cookies download history nothing worked ( I had clicked the mirror link as well as ISI's as it was running slow ...doh my mistake it froze.)

I had to replace the entire chrome folders seemed , easy for me I have a standalone install .

But ........I was going to do a image restore anyways as I installed a few test programs and beta driver.

So before I rebooted the trueimage thumbdrive I decided to click update for a lark and blow me down it worked.

I was actually the first room up all the rest were RED

Still haven't done that image lool ( I replaced my Chrome and Lite downloaded and archived )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  13. McFlex

McFlex Registered

14. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

It' s awesome to have a race simulator with an HDR system that apparently can't deal with closed cockpits.
    Sounds handy :)

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

A few rooms be testing a new track version soon, I will be running " Nightmoves Dusk to Dawn" so we will see how it goes.

Drop in Tim. :)

DD

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I completely in love with night racing now, my word it looks sweet. Pitch black night, starry sky, the powerful headlights lighting up the road and runoff ahead. Love it! Very immersive. :)

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

New build mate is good ? Howstons and Lola night with HDR ?

sweet

18. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I probably won't, I just made that remark after diagonally reading over this thread but to be honest, I couldn't care less anymore about how it does or doesnt work.
    My RF2 time is pretty much done, the Dutch/Flemish league I drove in the past 4-5years has disbanded after succesfully running for 8years on first GPL and afterwards RF.
    They finally made the switch to RF2 6months ago and there were so little people that we drove an entire season with max 9guys and like I said, that long running league has now disbanded because RF2 has so little activity. And the only saving grace for RF2 in that switch was that AC was even less complete
    I'm back to my usual MP racesim. Who knows, let's hope rf2 gets some sort of kick in the ass to get it running but at this point (for me personally), it failed to keep me hooked time and again with inconsistent builds with all kinds of issues and weirdness.

Sorry about the OT.

19. Carlos Cavalcanti

Carlos Cavalcanti Registered

I would understand if this new build improved or worsened the graphics because the reports here It's impossible to reach a conclusion, I am without pc and so I can not test this new build

20. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I can and I will, since it's very easy reproduce due to the fact that it happens EVERY time I exit.