rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Good man, thanks for replying. I'm not at all familiar with editing MAS files, so I might try the other option.

You're sure I won't lose anything if I uninstall rF2? I shouldn't back up my user data folder? I'm kinda worried I might lose my tweaked controller files, plr and car setups.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve completely uninstalled rf2 dozens of times but I always backup a few folders, userdata being one of them. Packages too depending on where it`s situated. Just backup what you feel is important to you.

I do a fresh re-install of rf2 (uninstalling the previous build) for every new build after I`ve tested the auto update feature. :)

3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Nothing particularly messed up on your side, I've the same experience here. After the first very negative impressions I got after installing this build, I got more comfortable with the way things look now. These pictures, however, show the worst of Rf2 in its current form and probably highlight what's lacking in the GFX department.

Edit: Just a little edit to praise the driving experience/feel, which in contrary to the graphics, and I don't know how they did it, has gotten even better. I simply feel that I'm even more in control of the cars than before, because of even smoother gameplay, which I didn't think of as any further improvable. Very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  4. HilarioSousa

HilarioSousa Registered

strg + F or ctrl + F on my keybord is for showing the FPS, and usualy it shows on the top right of the screen. The issue I'm talking about, is a table with 6 or 7 lines with numbers in it, that are flickering from the top left of the screen. Also I'm getting a realy big font on the chat window when i'm on track.

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I would say check your resolution hasn't changed and try Ctrl c. It sounds like the CPU meter you have up on screen.

6. albert39

albert39 Registered

Yes I am sure, but you must install the "lite version". I do it and I don't lose anything.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The one and only mod affected by update for me was T5. Just had to uninstall and reinstall it in Mod Manager and all back to normal.

8. HilarioSousa

HilarioSousa Registered

Tkx mate... I'll try that!!

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Oh well, the usual bug-filled joy.

I did not experience any resolution or aspect ratio issues after installation. The whitish film over the cars was bugging me so I decided to see what non-HDR mode looked like (haven't been in that for many builds/months). To my surprise, the whitish film was still there, so it's not an HDR-related issue as I suspected.

Go back to HDR and, voila, I have the non-widescreen problem reported by many here. Cannot get it to go back using any UI or launcher config settings. I guess I'll go into the .JSON file now...sigh.

EDIT: sorry, the config.ini file that remains an .ini instead of .JSON for what reason?

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Coolio, thanks :)

I'm a whimp, and dead tired from work, so I didn't bother to go through the uninstall/reinstall hassle.

To my joy I discovered that I had saved a copy of my original "allcarstracks_10" file, which uses the Clio SC.
    I replaced the tweaked file (SLS SC / +30 AI) with the original, and viola; hello there, mirrors... Nice to see you again. ;)
    I'm a happy camper again.

As to the washed out look... Meh, who cares. :rolleyes:
    I'm already used to it, and don't even notice it much anymore.
    The racing feels better than ever, and that's all that matters.

The new "look" tells me that ISI is making some major changes behind the curtains, which is just plain exciting.
    More greatness to come, after a slight "step backwards" as some would call it.
    The UI piece of UI is great too, bodes well for the future.

Okay, I've already wasted too much time blabbering on about the new build.
    I'll race it now instead. Cheers. :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I bit the bullet and got the update:

- Auto-Update, everything went smoothly as per usual
    - All Installed mods are listed just fine
    - Nice new front end, needs some touching up here & there but a good start all the same
    - Into the game and Widescreen UI worked without doing anything
    - There is a more whiteish appearance but after a couple of laps I did'nt notice it anymore, if anything the game looks better. I tend to avoid 11am - 2pm on track times, a race at 5pm looked better than the previous Build (Bathurst & Interlagos)
    - No Black Mirrors issue (URD mod)
    - Only had a quick play as the Elite servers are down :p

12. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Since this build, whenever I close either the Dedicated server or the game itself, I get "rFactor 2 has stopped working" error message. EVERY time.

Please fix it.

[​IMG]

13. Tony

Tony Registered

Did the same as TJ - uninstall old build (saving Packages & my own controller.ini, & then manually delete rFactor2 folder from My Docs)

Then re-install with rF2 Lite install..

No probs, no black screens at midday at Portugal, & no black mirrors

However... yes the trees are now washed out and a bit too light in tone, & from a tintop cockpit there's too much "bright glare" so a partially cloudy day at 8.30am at Portugal will bleach out & look super-bright..

Love the new Launcher :D

And had to do the widescreen tweak..

But no real probs at all

14. Jonathon LeFaive

Jonathon LeFaive Registered

Can you click "View problem details" or go to "Problem Reports" under the control panel and post the Exception Code.

15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

IMHO, Silverstone have a pit AI issue since last track update. Cars just make a few lap and go back to pit and stay in the pitlane (blue color in car list) but now some cars just stay in garage making no lap. They have no time lap (white color in car list). This occurred with the C6R ZR1 car. I can be wrong :)

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

My Launcher throws the same error message, but without the options and View problem details button (Windows 7 vs. 8??). Happens 100% of the time when exiting Mod Manager. Does not happen (so far) when exiting rF2 itself.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What "last track update" are you referring to?

18. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have a Problem with this Build, with HDR on i have Black Mirrors but with HDR Off, i have this: View attachment 15226

19. IGN SIM Racing

IGN SIM Racing Registered

Seems to be a problem at the in-game video setting menu, every time you hit APPLY the game switches to 4:3 Aspect and I always have to go back to Config ini to reset the widescreen ui to "1

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Something I spotted today, I didn't previously have the black mirrors problem... but I increased my AI to the max 29 and then I had black mirrors. Wonder if that is a cause? I will investigate further! Also with having 29 AI at a track I could not alt-tab and bring rF2 back up. I probably didn't wait long enough, but not even sure if it would have popped up again anyway.