rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Auto update worked fine here. No black mirrors, tested over historic open wheels, URD, Howstons, & Clio. World is overly bright when inside the tintops (tested with cloudy/rainy days!), maybe even in open cars, too. Night views are improved, though I think there are still some off-color artifacts. Framerate has a slight boost, though I haven't quantified it. Er, uhm, yes I'm using auto HDR.

The new launcher is better organized, but, like most changes, it will take a little time to get used to it.

2. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Hey, I just went from single screen 3d single 770 to 3 monitor, multiview, hdr on, 3d with sli 770s. I had lowered settings to try and average 100fps per eye in single screen (including reflections on low and no AA). With sli and 3 monitor, I turned reflections off and get the same fps as i did with 1 screen and it even feels more consistent and smooth. In 2d the scaling was quite good also, around 160fps with same settings used in 3d.

to get 12fps, i dont know. with 50 f3 cars starting at old spa i get about 40fps (experienced this with 1 card also but it was worse) with my settings and it can stutter but thats a combination of cpu and gpu both getting worked. i guess i could increase settings until the game doesnt work, but what would be the point, I love the racing.

Point is, its not broken - fix your settings so it works. The graphical goodies I have turned off are barely noticeable and the racing experience is amazing

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Tried running night race in Sao Paolo with the NSX

Headlights and rear lights now have a glow to it and Car reflection shader has been fixed :)

Thanks ISI

4. bwana

bwana Registered

cant seem to adjust mirrors on non ISI cars? or Virtual mirrors

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Automatic update worked fine for me.

Checked that virtual drives now load all components of a mas file (skin, wing, banner, etc.), before the skin only was loaded.

Slight global improvement in lighting may be, but still way off, during replays reflections change in a most unrealistic way (Rfactor has no variable lighting, but the fixed lighting is still better, won't speak of GSCE which is in another planet).

I began with RF2 a year ago with build 384, cars drive very well, AI has improved, but the pace of progress is very, very slow (may be in ten years with Windows 99.5 will the beta phase end, and the modder have a stable platform to work on).

The delay between the report of a bug and it's solution is appalling.

ISI suffers from the same problem as modders, and cannot maintain up to date it's own content.

I hope next year will bring ISI team peace and health.

Merry Christmas to all.

6. albert39

albert39 Registered

The problem of black mirrors is for mercedes sls safety, when I change to clio safety there is no problem

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Question for people who have the problem of mirrors blacks
    You are using an VMOD which includes the Mercedes safety car?
    You have the Vmod coming from my server?

EDIT:sorry I had read after having posted the previous post.

Babs

8. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Yes mate,is just what I wanted to know.

Babs

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

GPU loads are fine in rFacror2 (+95%). NVIDIA 3D is working amazing good, you can use max settings and get high fps.:)

The point is that you are missing the point and you are still right,yes it is not broken, why :confused:, it is not there, no UI there has never been any updates to multiview.:(

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This problem has to do with which safety car we're using? Weird.

I replaced a file a long time ago, 'all tracks all cars' kinda thing, which uses the Mercedes safety car and also allows me to run more than 30 AI. I wonder how I can revert back to the default file? I'd really like my mirrors back. :D

11. albert39

albert39 Registered

2 ways, first editing and changing the mass file or you can uninstall rfactor2 and install the lite version, you will not lose anything

12. HilarioSousa

HilarioSousa Registered

I don't know if anyone is having this issue as well, but I'm getting some flickering numbers on the top left cornor of the screen when I´m on track. It looks like som kind of table with numbers in it. How do I turn if off?

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

14. McFlex

McFlex Registered

One thing that i asked myself a long time ago until now. Where is the vertex damage of the cars? I have never seen any deformation of bumper, doors etc.? On my research on this i saw that there is even a damage map you can apply as a material if you are modding a car. I have also never seen anything like that???

15. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

updated through the update button, all went fine and without issues.

i tried to run the UnitedRacingDesign T5 touring series, when the game was up and ready, i clicked on the car to see a preview abut instead the game froze, having 2 screens i clicked the un-used one to get back to the desktop and found the Bad Allocation box, so i opened the task manager to check further (see pics)

all i could do was click the start button and reboot the pc, everything else had froze.

once i select another mod and car i had no problems

Attached Files:

16. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

That usually happens when you are running out if memory. Did you use 32 or 64Bit and how much RAM. do you have?

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Something really strange is going on with the graphics settings for this build! First I had to set widescreen UI via config file because there are no options in launcher or in game (only for HUD), but then also:

- All trees look like a huge green mess. Anisotropic filtering is set to x16 but it looks like I have it disabled or very low.
    - Looks like there is no "transparency AA" around the trees anymore despite it's set to "true" in player file.
    - Trees look washed out at Brianza, the grass doesn't. I don't know if this track need to be updated now but anyway... Some trees look more saturated than others and it look strange.
    - Shadow blur is set to "max" and blur to "quality", but in game it looks like blur is "optimal" as I can see dots around the shadow edge.

I did a fresh install with this build so nothing should be messed up... The only folder I kept was "settings" with all setups and skins + my controller settings. What's going on?

View attachment 15221 View attachment 15222

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  18. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

After some practices and two races, I could say that the graphic performance looks improved.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Quoting myself, the only change to graphics I noticed in those comparison shots is increased gamma, which makes some things look worse, especially from already overexposed cockpit view. On the other hand night-time lighting is darker and more realistic, no more buggy moon reflections. The whole HDR would need some overhaul I feel, there are still too many situations in which it looks poor, especially in daytime. Ironically it works best in morning/sunset/night conditions, which are less commonly raced at.

20. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Update went smooth without any problems! Thx ISI! :)