[WIP] CART Factor

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by zerocool, Dec 13, 2014.

1. CGWEEGEE

CGWEEGEE Registered

I agree, there`s nothing wrong with modelling using current reference, but again it would be nice to have some sort of historic photos and surveys to make a track as historically accurate as possible.
    For instance Toronto 1998 had a stadium which doesn`t exist anymore, the modern one is completely different.

2. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Why still no Portland in rF2? :( I love the track.

3. felirrari

felirrari Registered

+1

4. Emery

Emery Registered

There is a Portland out there, a conversion from GSCE I believe. It's not as good as the rF1 version, but as I recall the rF1 version has an encrypted MAS. Portland does have two aerial LIDAR surveys (2005 & 2009) available from NOAA for an interested trackmaker. PIR was repaved in 2008-2009 and CART never ran at PIR that recently.

5. Josh Cade

Josh Cade Registered

Will the rF1 templates and paints work with this Mod or is the 3D model slightly different? Just wondering, I've enjoyed painting cars about as much as racing. :D

[​IMG]

6. Michael Peters

Michael Peters Registered

They'll work

7. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Any update on where this project is at right now? Thanks.

8. zerocool

zerocool Registered

Hey all! Honestly there is no news on this project. We still have the mod in game and it works however the car & tire physics are still not perfect. We have gotten some help from ISI and some other friends but the mod is not ready to be properly released in its current state. A HUGE thanks to Michael Borda with his physics assistance! At this point we need someone who REALLY understands the CART Factor & RF2 physics to take this mod to the next level. My team has done about all we can at this point. :)

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

How about trying to get in touch with Patrick G. in RD, I believe he worked w/ getting the CART great in SCE.

-via Tapatalk (S4)

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Patrick is a fellow tester, he basically did the whole project management aspect of getting it back up and converted but the finer details and tuning is out of his (and mine) realm. Perhaps Lgel, SlowMotion, Associat0r, Navigator or Frenky can be contacted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Oh I see. Hope you get good help soon :)

-via Tapatalk (S4)

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I don't think to have the skills for helping, but here I am. And, in case, depending of the specific issues, there are also few persons in the group that developed the D4 with me...

13. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

One minor thing that was an issue on the rF1 mod, and still appears to be there, is the PitGroup value.
    Currently, it's the team name, but from a track modding perspective, it'd be better if each driver had its own PitGroup value.
    ie : Herta instead of Rahal, DeFerran instead of Walker, etc...

14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Could you be a bit more specific about what do you need a help with? asking particular questions might provide you with many answers on forums.

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I was wondering how the project is going. I have send a working component to the mod makers. So this project could get the "released" status. Or not?

16. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Is it released?

17. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Might I suggest this be bumped up to the "Vehicles" section? More peeps probably read that...I just found it here by chance.

18. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

After racing more than a half league season on this mod on rfactor1 (at HSo_Org)
    Interested more than ever for rFactor2 version

i agree with JPalesi for pitgrouporder, it must be impemented on dedicated tracks for a championship season

during the season at HSO season, some tracks didn't have the pitgroup and causes some trouble for the rush of pitting under yellow flags. (i was concerned 2 times)

19. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Please don't let it die. Tell us what more you need, maybe someone can help.

20. zerocool

zerocool Registered

All-

In order for this mod to ever be completed it would need someone who understands car & tire physics very well. Beyond that perhaps some 3D editing to balance some of the shapes and sizes of the model details. I still have the mod in it's current, unfinished, state. I would be ashamed to share it with the sim racing community as-is. In general, it really needs an expert modding team to finish it. We had some really good help and support from the community but not quite enough to complete the project. I am not pursuing RF2 any longer so if any team SERIOUSLY wants to take on the project please PM me. There is no need for any sim racers to PM me for the current mod, its not really anything worth having as it is.